Ticket syndicate/buddying up for 2023

Becx99

Hi, I was wondering how being in a syndicate/buddying up as a group of upto 6 to help each other get tickets works if you are not friends. How do you arrange payment for deposit/posting the tickets out when they arrive? Is it worth it? Do many people do it? Really interested in trying this option as only 2 of us going but not sure. Any advice appreciated. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Becx99 said:

Hi, I was wondering how being in a syndicate/buddying up as a group of upto 6 to help each other get tickets works if you are not friends. How do you arrange payment for deposit/posting the tickets out when they arrive? Is it worth it? Do many people do it? Really interested in trying this option as only 2 of us going but not sure. Any advice appreciated. Thanks 

I've done it with strangers before. Ultimately it's a matter of trust in terms of payment. Tickets are always posted to the individual ticket holder, not the lead booker.

1 hour ago, Becx99 said:

I think when you pay the balance you choose if you want to pay for all or some of the tickets. So if you team up with 2 other pairs for the sale, each couple can pay their balance/postage and just get their 2 tickets posted together.

It's more of a problem in the resale, where you are paying the full price and getting them all posted together.

Good luck!

8 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

It’s trust really, if they post regularly on here they’re probably decent

just make sure the groups are solid and no one is included in another group. Always been my worst fear when buying for a lot of people 

Yeah I’m only happy to trust the folk who post on here all year round. These are the people who should be getting priority when it comes to getting help.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’m happy to team up with established and trusted efesters this year as it looks like it’ll only be myself and Mrs J trying from our group.

@scatteredscreens and I have already discussed teaming up which would leave space for two more tickets.

I've got 4 people in my group so far now. Just as a heads up . Not expecting anymore

Edited by scatteredscreens

At the moment I think we are just four but we are trying for coaches first so would only be looking to pair up with two regulars who want an early Wednesday London coach. Quite specific.

I'm happy to pair up for the main sale but given I'll be in South America I don't think I'm going to be the best person to have on the team...

31 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

At the moment I think we are just four but we are trying for coaches first so would only be looking to pair up with two regulars who want an early Wednesday London coach. Quite specific.

I'm happy to pair up for the main sale but given I'll be in South America I don't think I'm going to be the best person to have on the team...

I'd be interested in joining forces for an early Wednesday London coach, although it'd just be me as it stands!

27 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

I'd be interested in joining forces for an early Wednesday London coach, although it'd just be me as it stands!

Ah we've joined together in the past right? There's a small chance we might add two more to our party but if we do they won't be getting the coach so definitely would be up for this 😀 Will message you nearer the time.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah we've joined together in the past right? There's a small chance we might add two more to our party but if we do they won't be getting the coach so definitely would be up for this 😀 Will message you nearer the time.

Ah yes think we buddied up for the 2020 main sale haha! Sounds good to me, cheers!

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

It’s trust really, if they post regularly on here they’re probably decent

just make sure the groups are solid and no one is included in another group. Always been my worst fear when buying for a lot of people 

That’s the worry, you could easily have someone join more than two groups. If they’re posting regularly here then yea should be fine.

Luckily I have a group of 6 so this doesn’t affect me, but for those it does would creating a spreadsheet be useful? That way at least you know people are only in one group!

17 minutes ago, OverlyComplicated said:

Has there ever been an issue with scamming for anyone booking with strangers? If they'd arranged it in here you'd have thought they'd be back in here warning everyone about the culprit and I can't ever remember seeing threads like that so is it likely that it's never happened?

Not that I’ve seen in my time on here either … still I’d be wary though

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Yes. There's no option to mix and match different people with different coaches 

Thanks. But dang. I'd like to try from Bristol coaches but choose a specific time, not the rando time. It's quite a specific request because I fly into Bristol and I don't want to worry about getting stuck with a really late departure time on the Wednesday. Not sure how many of my group are available for that who are trying in the main sale. 

32 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Without trying to be rude to newbies, but I wouldn't trust anyone who wasn't a regular poster and someone who I recognised by name from the threads, personally. 

Agreed.

We get loads of new people turning up around this time every year only to vanish again after the sale.