Festicket's collapse

zahidf

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I need to keep an eye on this one - got £200 tied up in Springsteen tickets for BST with them. Assuming if they collapse I won't see either the money nor a ticket?

It's tricky, because the way reputable ticket agents are supposed to work is that they keep the admin fees, but the actual ticket money goes into an escrow account which then gets paid to the promoter when the event takes place. So in theory the money is reasonably protected.

No idea whether that's been done in this case or not. It doesn't sound encouraging from the article so maybe they haven't. Though to be honest even if they have done that - it'll be a mess to sort out.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

It's tricky, because the way reputable ticket agents are supposed to work is that they keep the admin fees, but the actual ticket money goes into an escrow account which then gets paid to the promoter when the event takes place. So in theory the money is reasonably protected.

No idea whether that's been done in this case or not. It doesn't sound encouraging from the article so maybe they haven't. Though to be honest even if they have done that - it'll be a mess to sort out.

you'd think BST would make sure the Escrow is in place being such a big company but stranger things have happened. I imagine those with tickets for clubs (which seem to be the main focus of the article) are going to struggle

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

I wouldn't deal with them always got a dodgy vibe from them. 

I wish I hadn't now. Thought if BST were running a pre sale through them that they couldn't be that bad but clearly got that wrong! 

And just realise you mean in efests capacity! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I wish I hadn't now. Thought if BST were running a pre sale through them that they couldn't be that bad but clearly got that wrong! 

And just realise you mean in efests capacity! 

they wanted efests to direct everyone to them for festie tickets. i preferred to keep using the established agents, who'd already proven their reliability to me.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I need to keep an eye on this one - got £200 tied up in Springsteen tickets for BST with them. Assuming if they collapse I won't see either the money nor a ticket?

Did you pay by credit card? If so then section 75 will apply so you should see the money and a possibility you also get the tickets. 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah brilliant nice one. Yes it was on the credit card

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

I once worked for a computer manufacturer and when the competitor went bust the credit card companies bought the warranty services from us. 

other times they just give the money back

• Like 1

I used them before and it was without question one of the worst experiences I've had buying tickets. The customer service was non-existent and the whole thing was unnecessarily stressful from buying the tickets in 2020 until the actual shows this June (Pearl Jam at Hyde Park). 

Despite those decent hard-working people who will lose their jobs, it is fitting that bad business practice and poor customer service leads to this. 

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

Hmm. Im paying in installments for hyde park tickets. Will follow with interest 

This is one of the reasons why I am against paying companies in instalments. Would always rather just save myself and pay although if you have paid on credit card hopefully you'll be protected. 

When Wide Skies & Butterflies festival went in to administration my partner contacted the credit card company and they refunded her very quickly. So as mentioned by others, I would suggest thats the best tactic for anyone caught up in festicket collapse who did use a credit card.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

When Wide Skies & Butterflies festival went in to administration my partner contacted the credit card company and they refunded her very quickly. So as mentioned by others, I would suggest thats the best tactic for anyone caught up in festicket collapse who did use a credit card.

from what i noticed there don't seem to be too many  festivals using festicket, and of  those that have done, mostly  they have tickets on sale with other agents, so there shouldn't be many  who've lost all their ticket money.

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

The event isn't sold out on the other site so if it becomes official I'll just get the money back and re-book on the evil vendor (its that or not go)