All Points East 2023

gfa

17 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

Any thoughts on whether the APE clash finder is accurate? Some annoying clashes for Field Day if so https://clashfinder.com/m/ape23/?user=0d9umf.qg

If thats acurate that is disgusting clashes, like fever bonobo n moderat. Sbtrkt n arca, like makes the value of an 80 pound ticket plummet, wtf better not be right jesus

18 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

Any thoughts on whether the APE clash finder is accurate? Some annoying clashes for Field Day if so https://clashfinder.com/m/ape23/?user=0d9umf.qg

No chance yet, that's 100% guesswork. 

If we do end up with those clashes, it's purely a coincidence the poster got them right. 

I wouldn't worry. Not yet anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Shaka Hislop said:

Surely some additions to be announced soon for the Strokes day

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I've convinced myself they'll announce this week or next week as whoever is being added was at Glasto and they might wanna ride the hype train. 🤞

As I've said before in here, I'm happy my lot as it is. But I'm looking forward to seeing something new too. 

I only attended this in year one. How were the timetables last year? Am I realistically gonna be able to catch 5-6 acts in full, or is it all overlapping so I'll be parked at the main stage anyway? 

Obviously that depends how they split it out on the day but you know what I mean. I hope. 

2 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I saw five full sets last year at the National Day, only clash was between Public Service Broadcasting and Mogwai so did a bit of both. Still quite a small site so doesn't take long to get between stages. 

This would be good. Timetable and clash dependent, for the Strokes day, I'm just hoping for the Walkmen, Amyl & the Sniffers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the Strokes. 

I've for four or five others I'd happily work into the schedule if I can, like Girl in Red, but I won't panic if I can't see them.

Stuck on a playlist earlier and I like the sound of Julie, Be Your Own Pet, The Lazy Eyes, High school, Hotwax, and Picture Parlour. 

Its a stronger lineup than I had thought, I think! 

3 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I only attended this in year one. How were the timetables last year? Am I realistically gonna be able to catch 5-6 acts in full, or is it all overlapping so I'll be parked at the main stage anyway? 

Obviously that depends how they split it out on the day but you know what I mean. I hope. 

Check the clashfinder for previous years, i would expect some pretty bad clashes

23 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hey! I'm going on the Friday (Strokes day) - does anyone know roughly what time the venue will open? Travelling down from Black Country so trying to work out my options!

TIA

Last year the bands started about 2pm on Friday, so it probably opens around then

• Thanks 1

Hello all. 

wasn’t going to make the trip to London this year but have had a change of heart and now going to get a ticket for strokes day with a couple of mates.

yet to purchase tickets though. 
Have we already seen / do we think much chance of any BOGOFs or similar ? 
I know in previous years there has been some for some of the days.

im guessing this one is selling pretty well though compatible to others 

do we think I should just bite the bullet and pay the £90, or do we think deals could emerge if hold off?

appreciate nobody knows categorically , just wondered if there was any general view from this forum 

cheers in advance 

46 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Hello all. 

wasn’t going to make the trip to London this year but have had a change of heart and now going to get a ticket for strokes day with a couple of mates.

yet to purchase tickets though. 
Have we already seen / do we think much chance of any BOGOFs or similar ? 
I know in previous years there has been some for some of the days.

im guessing this one is selling pretty well though compatible to others 

do we think I should just bite the bullet and pay the £90, or do we think deals could emerge if hold off?

appreciate nobody knows categorically , just wondered if there was any general view from this forum 

cheers in advance 

I can't say for certain, but I'd be surprised at BOGOFs for this day at least. Tier 1 tix sold through pretty quickly as far as I recall. That's not to say you won't have resale options in secondary markets etc. 

I paid full price as its the only one I'll attend this year. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I can't say for certain, but I'd be surprised at BOGOFs for this day at least. Tier 1 tix sold through pretty quickly as far as I recall. That's not to say you won't have resale options in secondary markets etc. 

I paid full price as its the only one I'll attend this year. 

Yeah I've been waiting to see if they'd do some kind of deal for that day as well, but if you're right, I think I won't bother as £100 for The Strokes is overpriced as it is, but even more so when you consider the support imo is weak and the sound quality at APE is generally shite. They could definitely learn a few things from Finsbury Park. In fact didn't Strokes play APE in 2019 and lots of people said the sound was that bad, it was one of the worst gigs they've ever been to? Surprised not only are The Strokes doing the same festival again but also that it's nearing on selling out after that.

Yeah I went to that Strokes day. Was poor sound where we were when set started but we relocated and second half of set sounded fine 

I’ve just noticed there is a group ticket option that works out £70 if you are a 6. I think we have 4 of us nailed on so might try and tickle a few mates to see if we can hit the 6 mark and bag that discount 

I have just finished reading meet me in the bathroom book so I’m more willing to part with the dosh to see Strokes , YYY and Walkmen than I might have been a month ago ha 

have not seen the latter two before either . Also would be keen to see amyl , warmduscher , black midi if clashes allow 

1 hour ago, Joey01 said:

Yeah I've been waiting to see if they'd do some kind of deal for that day as well, but if you're right, I think I won't bother as £100 for The Strokes is overpriced as it is, but even more so when you consider the support imo is weak and the sound quality at APE is generally shite. They could definitely learn a few things from Finsbury Park. In fact didn't Strokes play APE in 2019 and lots of people said the sound was that bad, it was one of the worst gigs they've ever been to? Surprised not only are The Strokes doing the same festival again but also that it's nearing on selling out after that.

It varies to be honest - sometimes the sound is fine sometimes appalling

never had issues myself inc at the strokes day in 2019, you just need to properly move around to try get somewhere with good sound i guess