All Points East 2023

gfa

They've posted on Instagram warning of "low tier 1 tickets of all types" for The Strokes, and responding to comments just gone with "watch this space..." when asked if more will be announced soon. 

Pinch of salt with all the above but just passing the info along in case anyone is sitting on their hands but doesn't want to be caught by a price hike. 

EDIT: and all I can see on site is tier 2 tickets, both in payment plan and standard tix, primary entry etc. 

Edited by ConfidenceMan

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

alternatively you would get it announced ASAP as sales might be slower. Arcade Fire at APE screams free tickets to me

There is no way Arcade Fire are doing a European tour with only two dates (both in Iberia), ergo other festivals have booked them but decided not to announce just yet.

Edited by xxialac

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Waiting to see if the storm passes/further allegations...

I'm not sure a matter of weeks/months makes a difference here. I think people who aren't bothered by the allegations will go see them regardless, and those who have decided they can't support them anymore won't change their minds. 

Everyone else, those who might need the time to pass for instance, would surely be waiting a few years, rather than a few weeks! 

Id be surprised to see them on this bill, though not totally shocked. I just think if they're at APE, they'd be announced already. I don't see the benefit of waiting until March, for instance. 

I reckon they were booked for a few festivals and dropped on the back of the allegations and that's why they've got the Spain date still in the calendar. 

10 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I'm not sure a matter of weeks/months makes a difference here. I think people who aren't bothered by the allegations will go see them regardless, and those who have decided they can't support them anymore won't change their minds. 

Everyone else, those who might need the time to pass for instance, would surely be waiting a few years, rather than a few weeks! 

Id be surprised to see them on this bill, though not totally shocked. I just think if they're at APE, they'd be announced already. I don't see the benefit of waiting until March, for instance. 

I reckon they were booked for a few festivals and dropped on the back of the allegations and that's why they've got the Spain date still in the calendar. 

I think with every month passing, people forget/lose interest.

And for sure they won’t only play 2 Iberia gigs and as these were announced after the worst of the allegations, it seems like they will play them…which means additional shows to justify the cost of travel.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think with every month passing, people forget/lose interest.

And for sure they won’t only play 2 Iberia gigs and as these were announced after the worst of the allegations, it seems like they will play them…which means additional shows to justify the cost of travel.

Id imagine we won't have too long to wait until we see who is filling out the rest of these empty days anyway. I'm hoping for not Arcade Fire myself, but we'll see. 

I'm in town for the Strokes and would be happy to make a weekend of it, though none of the current rumours are floating my boat just yet! 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

There is no way Arcade Fire are doing a European tour with only two dates (both in Iberia), ergo other festivals have booked them but decided not to announce just yet.

Don't be so adamant. The other scenario is other festivals have got rid of them due to allegations as they don't want to smear their reputation. Funny how the only ones announced so far aren't particularly well known festivals. Would be very shocked if they were at APE. Likelihood is Arcade Fire bin the tour off anyway.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Don't be so adamant. The other scenario is other festivals have got rid of them due to allegations as they don't want to smear their reputation. Funny how the only ones announced so far aren't particularly well known festivals. Would be very shocked if they were at APE. Likelihood is Arcade Fire bin the tour off anyway.

Kalorama and Cala Mijas are ran by the BBK's parent company and i'd say BBK is pretty well known. maybe they just expected others to book arcade fire and then nobody did in the end

36 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yes, and it is not so unusual for bands to play only a handful of festival shows. How may EU/UK shows The Strokes are doing: exactly three! So for all know APE have never even thought about them. And even if they did surely they would have cancelled last September. I can't even imagine how they would book the undercard as I'm pretty sure no one respectable would accept to play on that day.

19 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

I can't even imagine how they would book the undercard as I'm pretty sure no one respectable would accept to play on that day.

Kalorama and Cala Mijas will have ‘respectable’ bands playing on the Arcade Fire day, based on who they’ve announced.

And The Strokes will play more shows in Europe. IMO obviously.

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

Kalorama and Cala Mijas will have ‘respectable’ bands playing on the Arcade Fire day, based on who they’ve announced.

And The Strokes will play more shows in Europe. IMO obviously.

I mean there isn't really much left to announce! Sziget maybe?

The fact Bjork's tour starts the week after and has no UK date is really weird for her which makes me think there's some kind of exclusive like APE. The tour itself is specifically an indoor show but she still does one-off orchestral gigs here and there which would fit this.

A Bjork/Lorde day would be decent.

Edited by jannybruck

8 hours ago, chilirocker said:

I reckon APE had an Arcade Fire day, before the allegations came out and are scrambling to find a replacement. We can see with the M.I.A. situation for Field Day that they are very conscious about image and PR, so I think that is why this is being held up. 

The allegations surfaced months ago, so doubt they’re scrabbling round…