Taylor swift

brettredmayne

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So youre now saying "i told you" when you tried to disprove it. Alright.

theres the video

Jesus you’re so annoying - I was saying Gracie’s photographer wouldn’t know anything because Gracie isn’t playing tonight. If you scroll up I said many times I believe 1989 was coming?

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

As a casual observer, what's the deal with the Taylor's Versions? I know she is re-recording albums and the reasons behind it but is it a straight re-record or does she change arrangements etc.?

There are tweaks to the mixing and the occasional string section added but not much changes

Did last night win the battle of the surprise songs? New Romantics and New Year's Day is about as good as you're gonna get IMO. Absolute banger and one of her best ballads 😎

Pretty buzzing for this re-recording, mainly for the vault tracks. There's been some gems so far, but by and large it's been OK and what you'd expect. The 1989 vault tracks could be where it gets really interesting. 

Edited by jparx

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're pretty identikit to the untrained ear - but they come with a variety of additional Vault tracks i.e. out-takes to sweeten the deal for the folk on the fence.

I've bought one for an album I didn't already own (Speak Now), but haven't bought the others

53 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There are tweaks to the mixing and the occasional string section added but not much changes

Ta. A few small acts I follow have done this and the end product never seems to be an improvement on the original. Perhaps if you were coming at it for the first time you may feel different but when they're albums you know and love, I've probably learned to love the flaws in the original.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Did last night win the battle of the surprise songs? New Romantics and New Year's Day is about as good as you're gonna get IMO. Absolute banger and one of her best ballads 😎

Night three in LA won the whole tour.. Death by A Thousand Cuts and You’re On Your Own Kid.. oof.. last night definitely in the running for second place though 

The selection of songs she never played on the US leg takes in a whole range, from baffling (Epiphany) to understandable (Bigger Than The Whole Sky and London Boy). Absolutely brutal but fair that she never did Me! or End Game hahaha. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ta. A few small acts I follow have done this and the end product never seems to be an improvement on the original. Perhaps if you were coming at it for the first time you may feel different but when they're albums you know and love, I've probably learned to love the flaws in the original.

Def Leppard did it didn't they?

As a kid shops like Woolies were full of cheap tapes of re-recorded soul and disco classics - sometimes sunglasses by the original artists, sometimes not.

47 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Night three in LA won the whole tour.. Death by A Thousand Cuts and You’re On Your Own Kid.. oof.. last night definitely in the running for second place though 

The selection of songs she never played on the US leg takes in a whole range, from baffling (Epiphany) to understandable (Bigger Than The Whole Sky and London Boy). Absolutely brutal but fair that she never did Me! or End Game hahaha. 

I actually don't mind ME! but the way she's absolutely murdered it is pretty hilarious. Endgame can get in the bin, although I did wake up a cold sweat last night thinking Ed might make an unwelcome appearance at the UK shows 😰

Now we've seen the full gamut of surprise songs, my choice for next summer would be New Romantics and You're On Your Own Kid. Holy Ground and New Year's Day would be my #2.

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

I actually don't mind ME! but the way she's absolutely murdered it is pretty hilarious. Endgame can get in the bin, although I did wake up a cold sweat last night thinking Ed might make an unwelcome appearance at the UK shows 😰

Now we've seen the full gamut of surprise songs, my choice for next summer would be New Romantics and You're On Your Own Kid. Holy Ground and New Year's Day would be my #2.

State of Grace and The Lakes personally but I’d take pretty much anything she’s played so far except Everything Has Changed or I Almost Do tbf

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

State of Grace and The Lakes personally but I’d take pretty much anything she’s played so far except Everything Has Changed or I Almost Do tbf

Great shout. Quite surprised State of Grace didn't actually make it in to the main set, even as a shortened version to open the Red portion similar to Style.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I’m hoping The Lakes will make an appearance on one of the Anfield dates with it being the closest she’s likely ever going to ever play to ‘those Windermere peaks’. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stanh said:

Cannot wait for this! Already breaking records, sold 200k copies in 5 hours😮

For an album that’s basically already been released for almost a decade (bar a few new songs). She really is a phenomenon, possibly to the likes that have never been seen. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

For an album that’s basically already been released for almost a decade (bar a few new songs). She really is a phenomenon, possibly to the likes that have never been seen. 

It is absolutely wild! But I am here for it, certainly won't be the first record it breaks - this is gonna be HUGE.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

I’m hoping The Lakes will make an appearance on one of the Anfield dates with it being the closest she’s likely ever going to ever play to ‘those Windermere peaks’. 

I mean either that or she trots out a cover of YNWA to make Evertonian and Manc heads fall off