Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, jparx said:

TM is an absolutely shite company but to be fair, for this sale everything has worked pretty much flawlessly for the UK. They've got this one right, but let's see the deal next week. That's going to be a bloodbath.

I was on AXS for this but yeah, the UK sales have gone well compared to the RotW.

They seem to have handled it very well by all accounts (so far). Do wonder if all ticket sales for arena and stadium shows could go the way of pre-registering before ticket sale day in future?

Not sure on the logistics for the ticket companies in doing this, but would definitely save a lot of traffic on ticket day to help with their servers if it gets rid of the chancers and people who aren’t really that interested. Even if everybody who registered gets a code to enter, it would still ease congestion a lot. 

So friend was locked out of the sale right now when asked to enter their code so they def are checking. Made that website my bitch and still pulled some standing tickets right now even with the low ticket  warning 20 mins ago. And had a card fraud alert to boot.  I dont know why they dont offer paypal for international customers, thats so stupid. I used it for Abba Voyage fine.

mates going to wembley night 3 now. Hooray for that. Now onto the real T day

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

They seem to have handled it very well by all accounts (so far). Do wonder if all ticket sales for arena and stadium shows could go the way of pre-registering before ticket sale day in future?

I think part of the "advantage" here is that the pre-sale registration was done so long ago, well before people knew it'd be a greatest hits tour that everyone wanted to go to. Not sure that's easily repeatable.

Would imagine the Verified Fan sale is going to have a lot more unhappy people / be seen as more of a shitshow.

Just now, incident said:

I think part of the "advantage" here is that the pre-sale registration was done so long ago, well before people knew it'd be a greatest hits tour that everyone wanted to go to. Not sure that's easily repeatable.

Would imagine the Verified Fan sale is going to have a lot more unhappy people / be seen as more of a shitshow.

Yeah I have been thinking how lucky we are at having this presale opportunity versus other countries. The queue for European tickets yesterday seemed absolutely savage and likely what the UK verified sale will be like next week...

Seems most UK people got what they wanted. I jumped on GA yesterday but looks like I could of got frontleft/right today but I'm glad I didn't wait and am still going. 

I think the sentiment is right that they've done this well, not too many codes been given out, if you sat and tried for each date as we kinda said it got easier by the day. 35k plus on the first sale and it dropping down in the (what i saw on twitter) the highest being 10k. 

Hopefully the verified sale goes as easy for those wanting and they get codes. 

15 minutes ago, Sbco100 said:

Yeah I have been thinking how lucky we are at having this presale opportunity versus other countries. The queue for European tickets yesterday seemed absolutely savage and likely what the UK verified sale will be like next week...

The error they made in france was letting you join the queue without a code. That was not the error made in the u.s last year. The problem was the sales were not spread out and you had half the dates on sale at the same time after the first hour which killed their servers. And bots were in on the action clogging up the queue but they still had codes.

I think since verified fan just started in the uk its possibly a nice thing for the moment but youll see how it will turn ugly real quick. You will be getting verified pretty easy from the get go but then you wont get it and will have to start new accounts to get the access and everything. Theres a black market for TM accounts that always get verified and guarantee you get in for any major gig/tour. This also is gatekeeping btw. Look at the paramore fans left out cold who would want to see them but cant cause you can register or get a code or anything. I would hope companies like Seated can get their foot in the door and make presales accessible to more people because their service still uses unique codes but you can get one even during a presale so if you missed out on a registration window you have a chance. None of it is perfect but at least every sale isnt like France or else the EU and Uk would put ticketmasters head on a spike right now and break up the company like they should anyway.

Edited by Suprefan

Got the Warsaw tickets. Have to name all 4 people with no transfer possibility apparently. But £70 each seats mid range, had to pick them individually off a seat map which has its pros and cons.

Oh yeah, the English version of the site kicked me to the back of the Q 3 times, so I wasted half an hour. Went to Polish version and it worked. Crazy.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I can only guess, but  I would imagine the name would be included - it wouldn't make much sense if you had, say, a group of students renting the same house trying for tickets to then cancel all their tickets. They might not be going as a "household", they might be going with different friends etc. All gets a bit messy, so I suspect they'll only apply this rule where it's particularly obvious what's happened (same name, address, card). 

That's what I was thinking, at this point I am just overthinking every aspect of this, it has been a stressful few days haha

14 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I know we are praising Ticketmaster right now but I bought a Ready For It package for Liverpool on TM and it cost £307. For the same date and same package on AXS it cost £32 less! How can that even be allowed

Yeah that’s not on. If people are being allocated a ticket provider, it should be identical across both platforms 

31 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Seems most UK people got what they wanted. I jumped on GA yesterday but looks like I could of got frontleft/right today but I'm glad I didn't wait and am still going. 

I think the sentiment is right that they've done this well, not too many codes been given out, if you sat and tried for each date as we kinda said it got easier by the day. 35k plus on the first sale and it dropping down in the (what i saw on twitter) the highest being 10k. 

Hopefully the verified sale goes as easy for those wanting and they get codes. 

Yeah I think technically I could have ended up with tickets to 6 different shows

The first two London shows I got through to get tickets but had error codes once through, they were still tickets available at the time though

Got tickets to an Edinburgh show, got through yesterday 11am for Wembley but decided to pass on it as only nosebleeds left, got front standing in the 1pm sale

I had a code for the Germany shows and tried for Hamburg today, got through but decided against it as the prices were even higher than over here, I think it was price tiers 2,6 and 7 left and they were around 239, 112 and 101 euros respectively 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah that’s not on. If people are being allocated a ticket provider, it should be identical across both platforms 

I know it’s to do with fees but TM have charged a £60 service charger. They make it up as they go along I’m sure

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The error they made in france was letting you join the queue without a code. That was not the error made in the u.s last year. The problem was the sales were not spread out and you had half the dates on sale at the same time after the first hour which killed their servers. And bots were in on the action clogging up the queue but they still had codes.

I think since verified fan just started in the uk its possibly a nice thing for the moment but youll see how it will turn ugly real quick. You will be getting verified pretty easy from the get go but then you wont get it and will have to start new accounts to get the access and everything. Theres a black market for TM accounts that always get verified and guarantee you get in for any major gig/tour. This also is gatekeeping btw. Look at the paramore fans left out cold who would want to see them but cant cause you can register or get a code or anything. I would hope companies like Seated can get their foot in the door and make presales accessible to more people because their service still uses unique codes but you can get one even during a presale so if you missed out on a registration window you have a chance. None of it is perfect but at least every sale isnt like France or else the EU and Uk would put ticketmasters head on a spike right now and break up the company like they should anyway.

It blows my mind that they wouldn't make the entering the code part before the queue, I know for the presale you didn't have to technically but you did have to access it through the link in the email

Surely it is far easier on the servers to make it so you have to enter the code to be able to enter the queue, keeps the queue smaller and more manageable and staves off chancers without a code

Does anyone know how strict they are with age restrictions? My partner panicked and grabbed the first tickets he could "VIP are you ready for it package at £276 each" for us to take our 2 daughters who are both huge fans. Our eldest is 22 but the other is only 11yrs old. Only after confirmation came through did we realise they are standing tickets and it says no under 14s allowed on pitch at murrayfield, Edinburgh. I couldn't bear it if they refused my younger daughter entry when we got there after a year of excitement and waiting!! Also says VIP tickets are non refundable or transferable and as its only 4 tickets per household we cant even try again for seated ones in the general sale !!!

8 minutes ago, RT77 said:

Does anyone know how strict they are with age restrictions? My partner panicked and grabbed the first tickets he could "VIP are you ready for it package at £276 each" for us to take our 2 daughters who are both huge fans. Our eldest is 22 but the other is only 11yrs old. Only after confirmation came through did we realise they are standing tickets and it says no under 14s allowed on pitch at murrayfield, Edinburgh. I couldn't bear it if they refused my younger daughter entry when we got there after a year of excitement and waiting!! Also says VIP tickets are non refundable or transferable and as its only 4 tickets per household we cant even try again for seated ones in the general sale !!!

they normally have seats assigned where they can move people that are underaged, I can't say for certain. I know Liverpool say they will try to seat you but it all depends on numbers needing reseating. It might be time to teach her how to look older.

2 minutes ago, 1892 said:

Is it right that you needed to register to have access to the general sale? 

Someone is asking me to help them get tickets but if they haven’t done anything at this point are they screwed? 

Yep. Registration closed a few weeks ago now. Resale is likely the only option at this stage.