Taylor swift

brettredmayne

10 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I really don’t think there’s going to be a general sale - there wasn’t one in the US, and with demand as it is and all these rules, it feels unlikely that the Midnights and Verified rounds won’t sell all the tickets.

I think the verified fan thing IS the general sale

9 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I think the verified fan thing IS the general sale

Yeah that’s my understanding as well. There’s obviously not going to be an additional sale of tickets after the verified sale, that’s it. 

edit: unless they add a couple more dates but those will likely be taken by the waiting list.

Edited by jparx

15 hours ago, st dan said:

Are any acts offering like a subscription membership service for ‘£x per year’ and that gets you some merchandise, discount from album sale etc, and then first access to any tour dates? Similar to how football clubs operate I guess.

U2 do. But it's expensive with no guarantee they'll even tour during the year.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah she should just let someone else profit from her music

I agree with her that the novelty of these re-recordings has become a bit stale and it’s kind of just become an exercise in noticing the different little vocal inflections and slight lyric changes etc, but she’s given herself a death wish by just brushing past the larger reasoning of the albums being re-recorded in the first place which was obviously gonna have the Swifties coming at her in full force.

Suppose it’s easy to forget sometimes what with Taylor being a so ever-present monolith in everybody’s lives now that these re-recordings are being done for a good reason, rather than just to milk her fans dry when she’s got a gap in her schedule… even if she does seem to take great pleasure doing that on the side, too. 

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah she should just let someone else profit from her music

You know the original catalog lost a lot of its value after the first re recording came out, right. And I was commenting more that nobody is allowed to say anything against her or face the wrath of the zombie army of swifties. No artist is above objective criticism. A journalist got death threats for saying they liked Beyonce's current show more than Taylor's. Is that the point that we're at? Apparently the only criticism that can be levied is when it comes to who she decides to date. Again, is that where we are now?

Edited by Suprefan

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

You know the original catalog lost a lot of its value after the first re recording came out, right. And I was commenting more that nobody is allowed to say anything against her or face the wrath of the zombie army of swifties. No artist is above objective criticism. A journalist got death threats for saying they liked Beyonce's current show more than Taylor's. Is that the point that we're at? Apparently the only criticism that can be levied is when it comes to who she decides to date. Again, is that where we are now?

You can not like the re-recording that’s fine, it’s all subjective taste. Missing the point on why Taylor is doing this is pretty disingenuous in my view. FWIW I think this a great version of the album and the vault tracks justify its release by themselves. Some people like Taylor Swift, get over it. Some don’t and that’s fine too, just don’t have a go at those who do.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 10:38 PM, jparx said:

Yeah that’s my understanding as well. There’s obviously not going to be an additional sale of tickets after the verified sale, that’s it. 

edit: unless they add a couple more dates but those will likely be taken by the waiting list.

Definitely correct, there are two stages of sales....

Pre-sale - for those that pre-ordered Midnights (or filled out the no purchase necessary route), you need a unique code, that is tied to your AXS or Ticketmaster account.  This happens on Mon 10th.

General - for those that are (yet to be announced) selected as Verified Fan.

The verified fan route reduces the opportunities for resellers (as you need a unique mobile number for it).

There are plenty of people reselling their excess codes / accounts to others who didn't get selected.

I've just got back from Nos Alive to an Email saying I will get a code before Lisbon tickets go in sale on Wednesday 

I'm guessing this is after the album presale? 

Missed alot of Info

Thanks

9 minutes ago, pryce said:

I've just got back from Nos Alive to an Email saying I will get a code before Lisbon tickets go in sale on Wednesday 

I'm guessing this is after the album presale? 

Missed alot of Info

Thanks

Not entirely...some London, Liverpool and Edinburgh dates on presale on Mon/Tuesday, with other London and the one Cardiff date on presale on Wednesday (all different time slots), with Dublin presale on Friday.  

Madness that they still haven't released maps and/or prices with presale starting tomorrow.  They'll have heaps of people just logging in tomorrow to try and guage these, even if they're not intending to try for Edinburgh/London...would take alot of pressure off the servers by releasing them in advance.

31 minutes ago, Tadpole78 said:

Not entirely...some London, Liverpool and Edinburgh dates on presale on Mon/Tuesday, with other London and the one Cardiff date on presale on Wednesday (all different time slots), with Dublin presale on Friday.  

Madness that they still haven't released maps and/or prices with presale starting tomorrow.  They'll have heaps of people just logging in tomorrow to try and guage these, even if they're not intending to try for Edinburgh/London...would take alot of pressure off the servers by releasing them in advance.

Ticketmaster have said they won’t be pre-releasing pricing or the map… so weird. I know Taylor wants as much ££ as possible so I can see the appeal of withholding prices and making people sort of panic buy, but her team has released a map and prices before sales in every other country

3 minutes ago, Tadpole78 said:

I was cynically thinking was it in the hope that people panic buy on the spot, without having much (time for) thought for price/budget, but was giving them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps naively.

That's exactly why they do it - to help shift rubbish seats.

Given they don't have that issue with T-Swizzle there isn't any point in doing it this time. But I guess old habits die hard.