Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Just out of interest looked at a few dates on Stubhub - WTAF!!!

Ridiculous amount of tickets on sale at obscene prices.  This is so out of control now - something needs to change

TS needs to change

$450 Million

Taylor Swift has an estimated net worth of $450 Million in the year 2022. She has built her million-dollar empire through music records and singing tours. Her beautiful face has also made her a modeling for many brands and magazine covers, so she endorses various brands.

Sure she's talented and hard working in a tough business, but...

She's a money making machine, that's what she's about.

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Just out of interest looked at a few dates on Stubhub - WTAF!!!

Ridiculous amount of tickets on sale at obscene prices.  This is so out of control now - something needs to change

It seems like the biggest no brainier piece of legislation to pass that tickets can only be sold for face value and through verified sites. But as with so many things this is the issue with politicians being in the pockets of big corporations.

But again, Taylor, Bruce, Damon etc.etc. need to be speaking out on this. Pressure from the artists will be much more effective than from fans.

2 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Artists don't speak out because they're getting a cut, I don't know who Taylor Swifts management is but I guarantee they're connected to Live Nation.

Well yeah that’s the crux isn’t it? Someone worth half a billion quid, claiming to have a deep relationship with her fans, needs to start and act like it and put her money where her mouth is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Then why was she signed on to play Glastonbury 2020 for chump change?

Everybody signs up to Glastonbury for "chump change", it's part of GFL's M.O., it's part of deal, it's why certain acts, e.g. Fleetwood Mac have never played.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Wasn't that the Beatles; who just happen to have had two, possibly three, songwriters better than TS?

Every generation has acts that make an unprecedented impact one way or another. 

Hopefully now she can see that she's the one in control then maybe she'll try and change the market?  Seems more likely than governments forcing TM to change. 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Every generation has acts that make an unprecedented impact one way or another. 

Hopefully now she can see that she's the one in control then maybe she'll try and change the market?  Seems more likely than governments forcing TM to change. 

It's a nice idea in theory, but both Pearl Jam and Radiohead have had a cracking at it to no avail. It is a cartel.

The whole thing with the ticketmaster / live nation monopoly is that its much easier said than done for people to say “she should do her own tour and set her own ticket restrictions”

the fact is that the live nation / ticketmaster behemoth is set up to ensure that in the USA big artists cannot avoid them as they already have all the venues in their back pockets

short of an artist building their own venue, they will hardly be able to avoid them. Such is the nature of a monopoly

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Then why was she signed on to play Glastonbury 2020 for chump change?

Tbh I’m of the view that she signed during the rep era where things were looking wobbly for her.

Since then she’s done the mad thing where she has ascended above where she was even with 1989.

I’m almost of the view she will never come back to Glastonbury. Perhaps saving it until her career takes a tumble.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh I’m of the view that she signed during the rep era where things were looking wobbly for her.

Since then she’s done the mad thing where she has ascended above where she was even with 1989.

I’m almost of the view she will never come back to Glastonbury. Perhaps saving it until her career takes a tumble.

You're entitled to your view, but that's not based on anything factual.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You're entitled to your view, but that's not based on anything factual.

Didn’t claim it to be. Which is why I said it’s my view.

But the woman pushing forward dynamic pricing and sacking Europe off to play probably the most extensive US tour we’ve seen in years - with fans going into debt to afford tickets. It seems a long long way away from someone happy to take a tiny fee to headline Glastonbury.

She doesn’t need it right now. I reckon she’s going to be like Kylie where it takes almost an entire generation to get her back. 

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When you said this the other week I thought "..nah", probably out of desire more than anything. I do see your point though - she doesn't need a boost from Glasto right now, and she loves money more than anything. That much is plainly evident.

I know that evidence of Taylor's priorities is never far away - it's been very evident through the Midnights rollout - but I was really hoping that she had bought into the whole Glasto thing (the cider bus! after all). This week has made me think again, but maybe that is just me on a pessimistic swing-down again.

Avoiding TM isn't the answer for Taylor Swift - she should get other artists together to put political pressure on Biden.

She could 100% do her own tour with her own stages, she is bigger than Pearl Jam or Radiohead and so has better scales of economy. Build her own stage and do 5 shows at it, move to the next place etc vs moving every night