Glastonbury 2023 Act Availability Spreadsheet

gfa

8 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Just requested edit access. Would also like to add Paramore and Peter Gabriel to 'Other Headline/Pyramid Subs' tab, as Paramore have left a deliberate gap in their US tour and confirmed they're doing UK festivals and Peter Gabriel has just announced a UK tour with a gap on Glasto saturday.

send me a PM with your email address

8 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

I like this.

Can add War on Drugs 

New tour announced:

12 June to 20 June various UK dates then

21 June Halifax Piece Hall

23 June Zenith Paris

27 June Trinity College Dublin

Nice gap there

will add this + prodigy and peter gabriel (out) after work

Do Download and Glastonbury ever have any crossover when it comes to acts in the same year? If so, is it worth adding Bring Me The Horizon to this list? They're playing Download, and seem to have been regaining mainstream popularity lately. They're also completely free in June apart from Download. Last played the G in 2019, Other Stage. 

3 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Do Download and Glastonbury ever have any crossover when it comes to acts in the same year? If so, is it worth adding Bring Me The Horizon to this list? They're playing Download, and seem to have been regaining mainstream popularity lately. They're also completely free in June apart from Download. Last played the G in 2019, Other Stage. 

i'd imagine they do - can see Pendulum too for instance.

Headliners maybe not - but so rarely does download book a headliner that glasto might even consider that its very hard to say. Quite different crowds anyway

6 minutes ago, AnonAnon said:

I'd be glad to help.  Could I make a recommendation:

- Colour code the free dates of glasto weekend on someone's schedule orange if they fall immediately after a date where they're playing elsewhere not in England, and yellow if it is in England and/or it's more than one day away but less than three either side.

- Distill the notes section into a fixed value column of the following for easy filtering:

- Very Unlikely

- Unlikely

- Possible/Evens

- Probable

- Very Probable

- Have a 'master tab' which is an amalgam of all the tabs so we can look at likely across all stages, independent of bias of thinking person x is likely to be on stage y, et cetera.

Ping me over your email in DMs and i'll add you, happy for you to do this 🙂 please make a key at the top above the sheet.

will add blur too

@gfa is it worth having a different or no colour for the Weds and Thurs preceeding Glasto and the Mon and Tues succeeding?  And just leave the main festival days with the Green / Yellows?

Or maybe with a with a reduced opacity?

Just highlight the actual festival availabilty a bit more

Edited by leath02

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Madness have a big gap. Last played to a huge crowd there in 2016 (I think)

(BTW @gfa I think this is a great idea, and I'll keep bumping it with random acts if that's ok.. 😂)

Cheers! 🙂 

20 minutes ago, leath02 said:

@gfa is it worth having a different or no colour for the Weds and Thurs preceeding Glasto and the Mon and Tues succeeding?  And just leave the main festival days with the Green / Yellows?

Or maybe with a with a reduced opacity?

Just highlight the actual festival availabilty a bit more

There are bolder lines separating the main 3 days but yeah not a bad idea, go for it

I will have a look at it later, might remove all opinions or give them their own column on the sheet next to info ( @kalifire ), its meant to be factual rather than full of opinions beyond GSHs

Edited by gfa

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gfa said:

Elton John has been added (by someone else!)

Lots of other new stuff too, GNR bumped to the top as well

Is there anything missing, lots of shows this week to catchup on.

With the split sheets, I was thinking for a moment that it was making a rod for your own back, but presumably that's necessary because the mobile version of Google docs doesn't have a filter button, so you'd just have a big mutha unwieldy sheet? 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

With the split sheets, I was thinking for a moment that it was making a rod for your own back, but presumably that's necessary because the mobile version of Google docs doesn't have a filter button, so you'd just have a big mutha unwieldy sheet? 

Not sure I understand what your getting at - its just split to make it a bit easier to digest was the thinking. I might merge some though just to make it less complicated perhaps