Mad Cool 2023

edge235

15 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Arctic Monkeys would have been a good headliner for Friday with main stages going The Black Keys to QOTSA to AM back to back. I think Friday's headliner is Billie Eilish. Sziget probably have an exclusive deal for several weeks or until new year for their own announcement. 

No way hosay 😂

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I know this has been asked a million times but does anyone have DEFINITIVE info on where the festival is next year? On the 2023 mad cool website on the "How to get there link" it has the below which is 100% where the festival was last year. 

Jokers 

Mad.JPG

South-west Villaverde, just north of the M-45.

https://www.esmadrid.com/informacion-turistica/espacio-mad-cool

Actually i have been in contact with MadCool and they have just this second sent me a message saying that as it stands the information on location is......... "neither updated nor confirmed, keep an eye on our social media"

I mean the new area is supposed to be a whole new part of the city dedicated to music with recording studios and festival site. Now, I've been to Spain and, a bit like the UK they don't do anything quickly. Is the build already happening? Because 7 months goes by really really quickly! 

2 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Hi all, new to this thread, 4 of us interested in mad cool, been Benicassim before. Any tips about here? What time do the bands start?

I seem to recall in 2018 that first acts were on around 6-6:30, and ran through all the way to 4am, though I tapped out after Franz Ferdinand at 3am as I had a flight at 10am, in a real act of timing idiocy on my part.

Looking at Clashfinder for this year's festival, it started around 5:45 on the first day then generally after 6 on the other days, with the exception of one act getting a 5:30 on the Saturday.

Tbf I think by not going this year I avoided a proper headache of trying to choose between The Killers and St Vincent. That would've driven me mad trying to work out what I would've preferred to attend.

Thanks Charlie, that’s what I was hoping for, avoiding the heat and bands on later though a 4am finish doesn’t sound fun while I’m tucked up in bed with flu 😂

keen to know the festival location so can pick where to stay based on the best public transport, seems like the new spot is going to be out the way 

This year everything closed at 3 on the main festival days (including food stalls, some even 5-10 minutes before 3, which was extremely annoying if you wanted to have something to eat on your way home). The festival was spread across 5 days though, so now with only 3 I'd say it's likely the timetables will look something like the 2018 edition. That depends on the deal with the city regarding licensing etc I suppose.

I would say they will keep the two alternating main stages setup which worked superbly in the last couple of editions, however with the new venue we can only guess.

I wouldn't count on any kind of solid info from them anytime soon. They're notoriously shit on that front.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Eugenio said:

Probably you could know her as The Black Madonna (her previous stage name). You might like her if you listen to house music

Thanks. House music isn’t my thing so it’s fairly unlikely I’ll have come across her stuff