Mad Cool 2023

edge235

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

I think everyone had already wrote off Blur due to the fact they were already playing elsewhere on the 6th and 8th July and Damon’s long standing connection with Primavera. 

Very worried we’ve got Travis Scott now

The good thing is there are 7 other stages - I watched only half the “headliners” this year 

most of the acts I saw on other stages were better than the headliners I did see 

34 minutes ago, clasher said:

It would be great fun if they went completely silent for a week and then announce vetusta morla and da weasel.

With the way other festivals have gone this year, would that surprise anyone? 

Since my initial comment; I’ve noticed that they have put a post on Insta asking for DJs to win a spot on the poster so maybe they’re focusing on that for a while instead 

Except if they are confident of their line-up and announce a bunch of names at the same time, I don't see Mad Cool announce some names this week. Primavera just announced their line-up today. Resurrection Fest - different style, I agree - will announce tomorrow morning. It would be way too many Spanish announcement at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Archi said:

Except if they are confident of their line-up and announce a bunch of names at the same time, I don't see Mad Cool announce some names this week. Primavera just announced their line-up today. Resurrection Fest - different style, I agree - will announce tomorrow morning. It would be way too many Spanish announcement at the same time.

I‘d agree if there‘d be time left. But with christmas around the corner they HAVE to announce any day now. I mean…they don‘t even have tickets on sale yet.

Edited by Karlos12345

Next week is almost free in Spain with 2 free days  and so much people will be traveling

So first announcement must be this week, I suppose Friday, as traditional, no clues yesterday is a sign of imminent announcement, PS lesser impact than predicted (only Blur hurts MC) could calm things, but I think a great part of lineup is filled with NOS advances (Lizzo, BK, Idles) clues ( QUOTSA, 1975, Tash S. Lana? Green Day? Tool?) and the so called confirmations ( RHCP, Billie)

Remains the darkhorses to be cleared ( Bjork, RATM, etc) and at less one hit unexpected I guess (let's say ACDC, Weekend, etc ec)

Only guesses, no news, tidbits or inside trading

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I could put you out of your misery now? Why on earth would that be AC/DC?

apart fro m the word “Hell”

It wouldn’t be, other than the word “Hell”

The first place my head went to was “Hell’s On Fire” by Steel Panther and it’s more fun to pretend we’re getting AC/DC than Steel Panther (I don’t think it’ll be either of them though)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hover said:

Is GnR confirmed (sort of) on Instagram?

Certainly looks that way with the reply to that comment. Would be a big move in the right direction for me; I know they have a reputation for being terrible live but having never seen them they’re one I would love to tick off the list before they call it a day 

23 minutes ago, Hover said:

Is GnR confirmed (sort of) on Instagram?

Seems so... From a comment saying "Guns N Roses? Right Next Door To Hell", the fest answered "We can see we're dealing with experts" (original in Spanish) with smiley applause. Seems clear that GNR are on it. Hopefully we'll have the first official names soon enough...

49 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

So far the only ones I’m confident on are The 1975, QOTSA and Guns N Roses. I’d say a very good chance of Green Day and Lana Del Rey too but the others have stumped me.

I thought Bjork was all but confirmed for the second clue and personally I was sure one of them was arcade fire 

i read that chemical brothers were all but confirmed for this fest too