ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

On 11/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Serenefishy said:

I always wonder how the old hippies get a ticket. The guys who look like they've been on mushrooms since Woodstock '69 that you always see at the festival. I can't imagine them having six laptops and refreshing 20 browsers.

Thankfully they do, a lot of these guys and the Greenfield's crew are really the soul of the festival. Many are involved in running stalls or looked after by contacts who work there. 

Long may that continue

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Thankfully they do, a lot of these guys and the Greenfield's crew are really the soul of the festival. Many are involved in running stalls or looked after by contacts who work there. 

Long may that continue

2 hours ago, razorruck said:

Said old hippies run the show - it's their gig and let us never forget. They deserve as much respect as Eavis himself.

Well said you two, we get far too little recognition and quite a lot of slagging off on here.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, mrfunk said:

I must ask the obvious here.. if you hammer the site you get the standard Que/holding page. (DDOS). Try it now.. and if you keep refreshing this holding page" manually you stay on it!   So what were we actually refreshing on the day? and where the successful, the ones who just sat back and let the page do its thing and count down? as if you give it 20 secs, you get back to the page?

I'd love to know peopled view on this

16 minutes ago, secondhandsausagedog said:

If any one wants any practice they are using the Glastonbury system for Peter Kay on gigsandtours.com right now. My be a chance to get intel without the panic.

Ents24 had the same. It did say you can refresh as often as you like though

51 minutes ago, secondhandsausagedog said:

If any one wants any practice they are using the Glastonbury system for Peter Kay on gigsandtours.com right now. My be a chance to get intel without the panic.

For everyone moaning about Seetickets, this morning I was trying Ticketmaster, Seetickets and Gigs and Tours. Got through multiple times on SeeTickets. Gigs and Tours is still auto refreshing. Ticketmaster I am still in position 128,000 in the queue. Yes, the main Glasto sale was a shambles, but judging by how the competitors deal with something so much smaller than Glasto, I would say lets stick with what we know, because the alternative could be a whole lot worse!

12 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

For everyone moaning about Seetickets, this morning I was trying Ticketmaster, Seetickets and Gigs and Tours. Got through multiple times on SeeTickets. Gigs and Tours is still auto refreshing. Ticketmaster I am still in position 128,000 in the queue. Yes, the main Glasto sale was a shambles, but judging by how the competitors deal with something so much smaller than Glasto, I would say lets stick with what we know, because the alternative could be a whole lot worse!

Just to say, Gigs and Tours (in all relevant technical aspects) is a white label front end to See. That you got through on one but not the other is more down to a combination of luck and possibly all the advertising directing people to GaT but not See, rather than it being technically any better.

1 hour ago, Skier68 said:

This tour is massive. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there was more demand for it than glasto

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

It’s about 110 dates so far which each one being at least 10,000 that’s over 1.1 million seats. 

wouldn't surprise me if this became the highest grossing comedy tour ever. 

His 2010 tour was the record and that had 1.2 milion seats. safe to assume average is more like 15k per show, Manchester/o2 are like half the shows and they are both around 20k

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

His 2010 tour was the record and that had 1.2 milion seats. safe to assume average is more like 15k per show, Manchester/o2 are like half the shows and they are both around 20k

Knocked this up out of interest, sure others might be too - may be different capacities due to it being fully seats etc etc... But just gone off what Google is saying, insane amount of people regardless!

1422477715_Screenshot2022-11-12at18_41_16.thumb.png.6225e7c2d38cf1681f605e5eb79893ac.png

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

Knocked this up out of interest, sure others might be too - may be different capacities due to it being fully seats etc etc... But just gone off what Google is saying, insane amount of people regardless!

1422477715_Screenshot2022-11-12at18_41_16.thumb.png.6225e7c2d38cf1681f605e5eb79893ac.png

crazy that. definitely around 1.8 mil i think vs that figure maybe lower

The show distribution is whack as well. 2 dates for all of scotland and 2 tiny ones for wales

1 minute ago, gfa said:

crazy that. definitely around 1.8 mil i think vs that figure maybe lower

The show distribution is whack as well. 2 dates for all of scotland and 2 tiny ones for wales

Isn't it. Absolutely wild - most seats are the expensive ones too. He'll be making so much bank from it.

Yeah it's odd there haven't been extra dates for Glasgow, Cardiff or Newcastle especially, I reckon he's mainly doing Manchester as it's closer to home for him so he can be with his family more in what is an absolute mammoth of a tour.

Not sure how it'd work or how it'd go down, don't think it has been done before, but if the above reason was the actual case for him prioritising Manchester, London and Birmingham dates, how a stadium gig would go down, especially the Principality Stadium in Cardiff with the roof on? Would surely break another record too if he did that, but as I say, not sure on the logistics or if it would even work in the first place. 

Just doing one stadium gig to break the record for world's largest comedy gig isn't the worst idea to be fair. would be cool

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

I expect another set of dates to go up in the next couple of weeks for Scotland Ireland and also Wales. 

I think today they have had calls with Manchester, birmingham and London to keep agreeing additional dates maybe the others haven’t been around. 

it’s madness the size of this tour. 

its got to a similar size as last tour - they were ready i think

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales