ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Am I imagining it or were we previously able to F5 the main https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras# page ahead of the 0900 sale so that if lucky we'd get a booking page as soon as the sale went live?

Nowadays we have to hit the ticket link on the page first, and then start the F5-ing once a 'queue' page is presented.

🤔

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Am I imagining it or were we previously able to F5 the main https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras# page ahead of the 0900 sale so that if lucky we'd get a booking page as soon as the sale went live?

Nowadays we have to hit the ticket link on the page first, and then start the F5-ing once a 'queue' page is presented.

🤔

Not sure.  Are you thinking that there's a front page that you 'have' to hit first so that cookies are happy to have you on the subsequent pages?  Or just that the url you start with (before 9am) won't be the one where tickets are on sale?

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

🤔

I start F5ing around 15minutes prior to going live. Nothing frantic but I hope that I just get lucky as the clock strikes the hour. 

7 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I start F5ing around 15minutes prior to going live. Nothing frantic but I hope that I just get lucky as the clock strikes the hour. 

Yes that's my point....if you just F5 https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras alone then you’ll surely just get the same page again.  At some point you'll need to hit the link on that page instead....

Well its taken me the best part of a week to go through all 51 pages of this tread...

It appears that it all boils down to wearing Lucky Pants...

and if you are fortunate enough and get the mortgage approved to buy a ticket, treat yourself to a £25 programme and check if the Acoustic Tent is now in The Dance Village..

Be lucky. 

9 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Well its taken me the best part of a week to go through all 51 pages of this tread...

and if you are fortunate enough and get the mortgage approved to buy a ticket, treat yourself to a £25 programme and check if the Acoustic Tent is now in The Dance Village..

Be lucky. 

Programmes are free!

10 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Be lucky. 

There's a few select things you can do to help your luck though 

Mainly technically based, this is as about as useful as it gets -  https://www.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/comments/ddgggb/a_web_developers_advice_on_getting_tickets/

TLDR - 

- It is not a queue, it is simply a case of when there is a space, someone is let in. Basically - right time, right place on the refresh button
- Multiple devices helpful

- Multiple browsers (chome, safari, firefox, internet explorer etc) NOT multiple tabs
- Incognito mode counts as an extra browser
- Refresh hard once on the holding page - F5 army
- Server only allows a certain number of requests per minute - consider this if you're in the same house as someone else - you'll have your effective number of refreshes limited 
- Some devices on WiFi, some on Celluar Data
- As soon as someone has the ticket URL share it amongst the team

44 minutes ago, leath02 said:

There's a few select things you can do to help your luck though 

Mainly technically based, this is as about as useful as it gets -  https://www.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/comments/ddgggb/a_web_developers_advice_on_getting_tickets/

TLDR - 

- It is not a queue, it is simply a case of when there is a space, someone is let in. Basically - right time, right place on the refresh button
- Multiple devices helpful

- Multiple browsers (chome, safari, firefox, internet explorer etc) NOT multiple tabs
- Incognito mode counts as an extra browser
- Refresh hard once on the holding page - F5 army
- Server only allows a certain number of requests per minute - consider this if you're in the same house as someone else - you'll have your effective number of refreshes limited 
- Some devices on WiFi, some on Celluar Data
- As soon as someone has the ticket URL share it amongst the team

This doesn't work pretty certain

50 minutes ago, leath02 said:

No? 

I thought the consenus was was once you got that specific ticket URL, that was more useful than the link that the button sends you to for the holding page

Happy to be corrected

Makes no difference.  You'll still have to try and secure a session with the ticket selling server. 

12 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Be lucky. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Robbie Williams said:

Programmes are free!

you need to go back and review 50 pages here my friend.... (actually, my tip would be DONT do that..!)

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

No? 

I thought the consenus was was once you got that specific ticket URL, that was more useful than the link that the button sends you to for the holding page

Happy to be corrected

The specific ticket URL, and the one you're directed to from the front page, should be the same address.

So a slight (couple less clicks = extra couple refreshes) advantage if you have that address ahead of time. No advantage in sharing it once the sale is already underway.

• Upvote 1

I've got a question – if you have to forego your ticket when balance payment comes around, do you get a refund on the coach price? One of my friends has health issues and we are doing everything we can to get her there, but if things look different around balance time I'm just wondering how much she'll get back.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've got a question – if you have to forego your ticket when balance payment comes around, do you get a refund on the coach price? One of my friends has health issues and we are doing everything we can to get her there, but if things look different around balance time I'm just wondering how much she'll get back.

I think its full refund minus £10 admin fee for the coach part, so you lose £25 (ticket) +£10 (coach) over all

Edited by gfa

Something that always stresses me out that I’m sure one of the tech guru’s can help us with…

If you’re lucky enough to get to the point where you submit number of tickets (or similar) and you get a “tickets not available” message (or similar). Are you better off hitting the back button on your browser or refresh?

FWIW I always go back button and try and resubmit furiously as it feels I’m further down the line. I’m always concerned refresh will kick me back to the start.

Thanks in advance!

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales