ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Unless there's just one of you and 4 devices. Manual F5 on one, and auto refresh running at 2 second intervals on the other 3....noting that each device will be separately connected on it's own IP1 x home broadband and 1 x work VPN.

if all devices are connected thru broadband and wifi they'll all have the same ip address. (unless you have extra ips which you can allocate to devices(i have it gave no advantage).

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

if all devices are connected thru broadband and wifi they'll all have the same ip address. (unless you have extra ips which you can allocate to devices(i have it gave no advantage).

Exactly. Only one device on wifi....2 others on a separate O2 4G hotspot each, and a fourth on wifi but via secure work VPN.....so each will have a different IP at See's end.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

How would you know if you'd gained any advantage? Surely you either get in or don't. The main thing is luck.

i got the same result as normal i didn't get in for tickets(i did get tickets that year).

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

as i said i tried that myself and it gave no advantage.

Certainly all down to luck in getting a booking session but your chances can certainly be improved by maximising your session request attempts, ergo having multiple devices each on different IP's achieves just that.

You're still in the hands of the God's however.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Certainly all down to luck in getting a booking session but your chances can certainly be improved by maximising your session request attempts, ergo having multiple devices each on different IP's achieves just that.

You're still in the hands of the God's however.

different ips will only make a difference, if see's set-up disadvantages multiple attempts from the same ip, the evidence over the years suggests it doesnt (just about everyone who gets tickets has multiple devices using the same ip).

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

different ips will only make a difference, if see's set-up disadvantages multiple attempts from the same ip, the evidence over the years suggests it doesnt.

Ah but it does......multiple attempts of more than 1/second over a 60 second period automatically throws you the 'queue' page.

Try hitting this more than 60 times in a minute now.

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Hammering away like a lunatic may therefore leave you at a disadvantage as you could be seeing the 'fake' queue page rather than a 'real' queue page and not know it.  Safer to stay within the 1/second limit therefore.....and if you have say 4 devices all on different IP's you're effectively breaching the 1/second limit but without any risk.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ah but it does......multiple attempts of more than 1/second over a 60 second period automatically throws you the 'queue' page.

thats the same on any device with any ip address

1 minute ago, Neil said:

thats the same on any device with any ip address

Agreed.  But if it's all about maximising request attempts I can effectively place more than 1 attempt/second at no risk by using multiple devices on separate IP's.  That's all I'm achieving, and it gives me little advantage other than that....but it's an advantage nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I can effectively place more than 1 attempt/second at no risk by using multiple devices on separate IP's

multiple devices will do that as see's system tracks a session not an ip adress.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I read this thread intently… half the time thinking what the hell are people talking about and then go back to my tried and tested 

To be honest I think doing what you are comfortable with is probably the best approach anyway. If you are not as technical as some people are I think the stress of worrying about whether everything is set up correct can not be worth it and at the end of the day it is mostly dumb luck. Sure you can maybe ever so slightly weigh things in your favour but I live with a highly technical person who has a deep understanding of ecom journeys etc and for the last 2 festivals someone else has gotten our tickets. In the main sale on both those occasions we didn't get a sniff of the page. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Back in the game!

Quite relaxed about it all to be honest. I think I've reached the point now where although I'm going to be aiming to get a ticket it won't completely break me if I miss out like it would have done previously.

Chances are I'll probably come down on the Thursday next time instead of the usual Tuesday morning and I'll bring the little one for the day now she's old enough to appreciate the Kidzfield so behave myself whilst she's there and then let the handbrake off when she leaves on the Thurs evening.

We are trying for coach again, but if I fail in that and just get a standard ticket I will probably arrive Weds PM rather than queuing up in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

I'll be nearly 42 by the time of the festival next year, and need to accept I can't do all of that like I used to....the Sunday this year I was physically broken and took until about 4pm to get out and about. 

Agree about the drinking and (for me at least) the drugs thing....I charge in every year like I'm 25 when in normal life I don't drink (or do drugs) like that anymore.   Some tactics are going to be needed if I want to enjoy it, but not completely ruin myself for one of the main days.

A post I put in to the equivalent thread in 2019 sums it up IMO:

Given there's a larger % of festival goers who will get a ticket yet aren't on this forum trying to put together scientific plans on IP addresses, VPN's and so on, it doesn't take a genius to realise it's simply a case of...

1. Ensuring you've got a group of you trying / you are on as many people's "lists" as possible. More folk trying = better chance of getting a ticket.

2. Getting your laptops, computers and phones all assembled like an electronic army in front of you. Check for updates & ensure they are done a few days before.

3. F5 59 times every 60 seconds.

4. A large slice of getting through is luck. Put simply a "slot" being available when your device is trying to connect to the ticket page. 

You can maximise your chances of getting a ticket doing the above but just remember it is effectively a lottery. 

Remember point number 4 at all times. You can have 6 devices, 100 friends, 500mb speed internet and maximise your chances in those respects yet someone on fishing boat using 3g who only refreshes the page once may end up with a ticket and you won't.

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

To be honest I think doing what you are comfortable with is probably the best approach anyway. If you are not as technical as some people are I think the stress of worrying about whether everything is set up correct can not be worth it and at the end of the day it is mostly dumb luck. Sure you can maybe ever so slightly weigh things in your favour but I live with a highly technical person who has a deep understanding of ecom journeys etc and for the last 2 festivals someone else has gotten our tickets. In the main sale on both those occasions we didn't get a sniff of the page. 

Yes that's how I had an auto refresh set to the first page instead of the "real" page for about 15 mn last time...

I have two hands and don't have the eyes of a fly, so two laptops, one on VPN and F5 through. Excel/notepad for details because I'm better at CTRL C/V than auto text.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

One thing I absolutely love on T-Day is the fight or flight feeling & butterflies you get with a couple of minutes to go to 9am.

Then the rush of adrenaline as the clock ticks to 9am.

So good.

and then the big feeling of disappointment  around 30 minutes later. dammit. 😞 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales