Green Man 2023

March Hare

18 minutes ago, kissoff_matt said:

Excitement is kicking in now!!

Could anyone clarify the booze situation?

We've been to GM a couple of times, but not for a few years. I'm sure previously we've been able to take our own booze into the arena as well as sampling the beer festival drinks, but the terms seem to suggest no drink can be brought in.

Is that just a precaution or have the changed the rules since we were last there?

The enforcement was exactly the same last year as previous (i.e. none)

• Like 1

At settlers and just looked through this so will answer a few questions.

The ground is fine, there's a couple of small areas of mud but nothing significant and that will dry out over the next few days. The issue is Friday and how much it rains. The site will be perfect for Thursday though.

Bars have reusable cups, these are slightly different to the last ones and are a bit taller and thinker. The stacker handles are hexagonal rather than circular.

I brought an old stacker cup which wasn't even a GM branded one and the guy accepted it.

Pictures of beer menu:

IMG20230814134932.thumb.jpg.3eee26de48f79f6fa22947241328fff9.jpgIMG20230814134924.thumb.jpg.14c269147f3ac41273d14a479b4fa872.jpg

Settlers campsite

IMG20230814134221.thumb.jpg.e1ab68e6dfdf964cbc1aa99e13379c01.jpgIMG_20230814_165828_525.thumb.jpg.280e19740b0c0166f9278aba23af6026.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

that's a LOT of ales!  Excellent!

Only 2 ciders on that list!  Doesn't bother me as I won't touch the stuff, but my friends will.  Are there more ciders listed available than those two westons ones?

There's loads of cider tooIMG20230814181111.thumb.jpg.4349202e3a9f18884391a9af8f2ffb3d.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

Yeees, let's do it. How about Friday morning? To give everyone time to put up their tents

There's a meeting point with tables by the bars.  How about there at Midday on Friday?

• Like 1

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on re-selling Green Man tickets? Have had 2 listed for a couple of days on the official GM resale FanTicks (below face value!) and no luck yet, was wondering whether to de-list and put on Twickets instead. I can't go due to medical issues so am already pretty gutted to miss out, so just want to avoid losing all my money if possible!

10 minutes ago, DaniellaGS said:

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on re-selling Green Man tickets? Have had 2 listed for a couple of days on the official GM resale FanTicks (below face value!) and no luck yet, was wondering whether to de-list and put on Twickets instead. I can't go due to medical issues so am already pretty gutted to miss out, so just want to avoid losing all my money if possible!

Make them cheaper than any other listings on there if you want a quick sale.

18 minutes ago, DaniellaGS said:

Hi,

I'm a small sample size but bought my tickets on fanticks this year and was confused by the amount of variation in listings. In the end I payed more for a 'verified by ticketline' as it appeared reassuring. This is a long way to say, add this option if you can.

35 minutes ago, DaniellaGS said:

Hi,

I recently sold a pair on Fanticks. I had them listed as two tickets together for days with no bites. Then I re-listed them individually, and both sold within a few hours.

As others have said, I also listed at just below what others were pricing at, and so made a bit of a loss.

Edited by rrr

Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked but we're staying close by on Wed night now - so in theory could get there for 10am on the Thursday morning - is it worth it in people's experience? Or will there just be a big queue at that time? Thanks. Very excited now!

Edited by Fish Bulb

15 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked but we're staying close by on Wed night now - so in theory could get there for 10am on the Thursday morning - is it worth it in people's experience? Or will there just be a big queue at that time? Thanks. Very excited now!

We normally get there at around that time or just after. Two years ago it was a bad idea, there was a big queue at the box office. Last year was fine though. They'd moved the box office, made it much larger with more staff and there was no queue at all. Assuming it's like last year, 10 should be fine. The only thing to be wary of, is that it can take a while for them to open the main festival site. Last year we were kicking our heels in camping for a bit because it took them a while to let people in. I think maybe it was around 2pm? Might be misremembering though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chomtamp said:

We normally get there at around that time or just after. Two years ago it was a bad idea, there was a big queue at the box office. Last year was fine though. They'd moved the box office, made it much larger with more staff and there was no queue at all. Assuming it's like last year, 10 should be fine. The only thing to be wary of, is that it can take a while for them to open the main festival site. Last year we were kicking our heels in camping for a bit because it took them a while to let people in. I think maybe it was around 2pm? Might be misremembering though.

That's very helpful, thanks!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DaniellaGS said:

They already are! Can't work out why they won't shift as this year's line up is so good! 

Have you listed them as indivual tickets or as a batch? Singles will sell, especially if cheap. I bought the cheapest single GA on fanticks about 2 hours ago, it had only been up about 15 mins.

2 hours ago, chomtamp said:

The delay to opening the site seems to happen every year for some reason. Quite often can be 30 minutes or more until they allow people in.