Green Man 2023

March Hare

On 6/12/2023 at 11:01 PM, zico martin said:

So seeing that clash finder has confidence man on at 1.00am, does that mean it's fair to say it'll be a DJ set like they're doing at Glastonbury this year?

Yeah.. i think you're right. When you look at the day breakdown poster the 2 DJs on after each main act in Far Out are in a smaller font. Confidence Man are one of them. Strange that they don't have 'DJ' after the name. 

20 minutes ago, markussnoopy said:

Yeah.. i think you're right. When you look at the day breakdown poster the 2 DJs on after each main act in Far Out are in a smaller font. Confidence Man are one of them. Strange that they don't have 'DJ' after the name. 

Where have you got the idea that all the acts playing those late night slots are always DJs when they generally aren't? Why would they list Marie Davidson specifically as a DJ but nobody else? Why would Green Man put an artist ninth on its line-up list and on the third line of the poster if they were only there for a DJ set, especially when they've been specifically telling people they won't be clashing with Self Esteem?

Got a bit carried away there, sorry. But the point is if Confidence Man were DJing it'd be listed as a DJ set. They're in the same slot Bicep were last year when they were promoted as essentially co-headlining. (And 1am is not confirmed because Self Esteem's stage times aren't confirmed)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Don't know if anyone can advise, but I’ve ended up with 2 parking permits (1 x settlers car park, 1x orange car park), but only one of my party has a settlers ticket (and they're not using the settlers bit of it, as we're not arriving until Thurs). Does anyone know if we can pick up our regular tickets from the settlement box office entrance? Or do I have to go to the general box office?

Pretty sure that settlers car park is a good bit closer to where we’re camping and imagine that settlers box office will be a bit quieter too.

Reasonably sure I remember people using the settlers box office all weekend when I was there last, but I might have been imagining things.

If we have to go to the general box office, I guess we're probably going to be better off parking in orange?

22 hours ago, marxistalert said:

Don't know if anyone can advise, but I’ve ended up with 2 parking permits (1 x settlers car park, 1x orange car park), but only one of my party has a settlers ticket (and they're not using the settlers bit of it, as we're not arriving until Thurs). Does anyone know if we can pick up our regular tickets from the settlement box office entrance? Or do I have to go to the general box office?

Pretty sure that settlers car park is a good bit closer to where we’re camping and imagine that settlers box office will be a bit quieter too.

Reasonably sure I remember people using the settlers box office all weekend when I was there last, but I might have been imagining things.

If we have to go to the general box office, I guess we're probably going to be better off parking in orange?

Definitely hold on to the Settlers ticket (Blue Carpark if I remember rightly) - way better than Orange - far less distance to lug your stuff and as you say easy ticketing. Take a hit on the Orange or try to sell it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

Getting excited for stage times and a map now. Any idea when we'll get either?

Normally they only come out once you get a programme on entry to the festival. So, the first efester in through the gate usually posts photos of the stage times and days... It's a bit frustrating, but worth the wait!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Normally they only come out once you get a programme on entry to the festival. So, the first efester in through the gate usually posts photos of the stage times and days... It's a bit frustrating, but worth the wait!

Ah didn't realise it was that late in the day. I guess for now I can work on the assumption that all headliners clash and work my way similarly down the stages at like for like slots.

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Ah didn't realise it was that late in the day. I guess for now I can work on the assumption that all headliners clash and work my way similarly down the stages at like for like slots.

Not necessarily - on Sunday they would because the main part of the line-up ends before the midnight burning of the Green Man itself, but they've already confirmed Slowdive will be on half an hour before Devo and I assume something similar for Saturday. This Clashfinder (which I know contradicts what I just said at the moment) has plugged the lineup into last year's times, so in terms of overlap it won't be accurate but it won't be too far wrong either: https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2023/

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Not necessarily - on Sunday they would because the main part of the line-up ends before the midnight burning of the Green Man itself, but they've already confirmed Slowdive will be on half an hour before Devo and I assume something similar for Saturday. This Clashfinder (which I know contradicts what I just said at the moment) has plugged the lineup into last year's times, so in terms of overlap it won't be accurate but it won't be too far wrong either: https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2023/

Thanks for that, I'd quite happily stick with that as clashes are pretty minimal there.

Are we expecting some low down TBCs like this suggests?

19 hours ago, 1986 said:

Thanks for that, I'd quite happily stick with that as clashes are pretty minimal there.

Are we expecting some low down TBCs like this suggests?

Four of the Rising TBCs would be the unsuccessful Rising finalists (streaming on their YouTube channel from 7pm on Thursday) Beyond that there might be, but for example I'd think that TBC at the start of Saturday Far Out might well not be needed and everyone will just be 30-45 minutes earlier from what's listed.

• Upvote 1

Hey, was just curious to find out if anyone else has received their tickets yet? I got my car park pass before, but never my tickets. Is that the case for everyone else or do you receive them at the gates? I've been before but I can't remember for the life of me how I received them, haha 😂

1 hour ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Hey, was just curious to find out if anyone else has received their tickets yet? I got my car park pass before, but never my tickets. Is that the case for everyone else or do you receive them at the gates? I've been before but I can't remember for the life of me how I received them, haha 😂

According to the festival website 'most tickets will be E-Tickets this year and will be delivered by email closer to the festival and can be printed out at home.'

On 7/12/2023 at 12:18 AM, warriormonk said:

According to the festival website 'most tickets will be E-Tickets this year and will be delivered by email closer to the festival and can be printed out at home.'

We usually get them emailed to us around the first week in August. Exciting!
Have started my clashfinder, based on rough estimates. Lots of stuff to listen to 🙂

On 7/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, SuperChunk said:

Does anyone know if Mr. Trolley is there on Monday for the Settlers ticket holders?  We always use it but have only ever arrived on Thursday.

Yes, they are there ready for when the wristband exchange opens.

35 minutes ago, tjrant said:

Does anyone know of any spare tickets?

Long story, but currently one short.

I’ve been refreshing Twickets and Fanticks for weeks but nothing is coming up!

I think the tickets are often snapped up before the alerts are even sent out… best thing to do, is open up a web browser, and download an addin to automatically refresh the web page. I used one for chrome. If you do a Google search you’ll find the addin. Set the refresh to 15 seconds and watch the screen for an hour or two. Worked for me this year and last time I was looking for greenman tickets. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cherrytree13 said:

I think the tickets are often snapped up before the alerts are even sent out… best thing to do, is open up a web browser, and download an addin to automatically refresh the web page. I used one for chrome. If you do a Google search you’ll find the addin. Set the refresh to 15 seconds and watch the screen for an hour or two. Worked for me this year and last time I was looking for greenman tickets. 

Thank you so much! This worked like a charm.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 10:31 AM, czuk said:

Can't see The Last Dinner Party staying on Rising after all the airtime they are currently getting.

Agree with this. Or they’ll be up against some big competition.

A great lineup this year. Jake Xerxes Fussell was incredible when I saw him in Bristol last year, gig of the year for me. 

Great to see Stella (with a sigma) on the lineup, surprised they haven’t had more UK dates.