Green Man 2023

March Hare

On 4/13/2023 at 5:07 PM, collectivisedfarming said:

Daughter have a new album out and have played one in-store to promote it. Either they're not touring it or they're waiting to announce dates but they strike me as a very Greenman act. I could see them as Mountain Stage sub or potentially headline. 

They have headlined before so maybe?

1 hour ago, Sawman said:

They have headlined before so maybe?

They didn't, they subbed Beirut in 2014. As said, it's strange we're more than a week on from the album release and they haven't announced any dates which suggests if anything happens it'll be well into the autumn, I can't imagine they'd be headlining a big festival with nothing before.

Looks like final headliner could be Mac DeMarco.

Summer tour just announced (https://www.nme.com/news/music/mac-demarco-announces-2023-world-tour-dates-including-london-residency-3432192). Although there is  a two-week gap after his final UK show, this would explain the delay in final headliner announcement. 

They’ve been making their way through the headliners from 2020 (Caribou in 2021 and Kiwanuka in 2022), so this probs makes the most sense with an announcement from GM a few weeks after his tour goes on sale. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, lac999 said:

Summer tour just announced (https://www.nme.com/news/music/mac-demarco-announces-2023-world-tour-dates-including-london-residency-3432192). Although there is  a two-week gap after his final UK show, this would explain the delay in final headliner announcement. 

They’ve been making their way through the headliners from 2020 (Caribou in 2021 and Kiwanuka in 2022), so this probs makes the most sense with an announcement from GM a few weeks after his tour goes on sale. 

It makes sense in theory given he was previously booked as you say but the press releases regarding the new tour reference this summer tour being limited to shows in just four cities.

Also, 2 and a half weeks is a pretty big gap to wait around for GM if he’s not doing anything else in between as well. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

1 hour ago, lac999 said:

For one thing, it's more than two weeks - the last London date is the 1st and the spare day is likely to be either the 19th or 20th - and despite what those who speculate about headliners seem to think artists don't just hang around Britain for the hell of it after dates. Also, whatever else is announced Mac DeMarco and his people are not in a position to insist on an embargo into the end of April/May.

That said, if he really does think he can sell out three nights at a 1600 capacity venue on the back of an instrumental album and a huge offcuts free drop, good luck to him.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:38 AM, lac999 said:

God that would be so uninspiring wouldn't it? 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

been plenty on twickets recently tbh - get yourself signed up for notifications on there i reckon. and fanticks.com 

Out of interest did anyone have any trouble last year getting in on any tickets bought from sites other that fanticks? Only when I went through wristbands last year there were signs up saying only tickets from fanticks accepted? Not sure how they’d know though

3 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Out of interest did anyone have any trouble last year getting in on any tickets bought from sites other that fanticks? Only when I went through wristbands last year there were signs up saying only tickets from fanticks accepted? Not sure how they’d know though

We got in last year with tickets that were sold to us away from the usual channels. Mind you, they were resold in 2020. And we couldnt go in 2021 due to having covid. 

And we had to fill out another form for disabled parking for my kid. So.....it might NOT be then 'norm'? 

23 minutes ago, retromoz said:

We got in last year with tickets that were sold to us away from the usual channels. Mind you, they were resold in 2020. And we couldnt go in 2021 due to having covid. 

And we had to fill out another form for disabled parking for my kid. So.....it might NOT be then 'norm'? 

Yeah, I’m pretty sure unless there was something dodgy about the ticket it would be fine. GM is really chilled about most things! Roll on August!