Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

28 minutes ago, pompirus said:

Screenshot_20221209_095742.jpg

@Sziget2023_Leakshas ruled out The Killers a couple of weeks ago. Makes sense to have someone different, Sziget already has 4 of the 6 R&L headliners. Not had a look but I suspect Imagine Dragons will have gone down like a lead balloon with the R&L faithful. Would happily take Bicep, Snuts and Wet Leg from that line-up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

@Sziget2023_Leakshas ruled out The Killers a couple of weeks ago. Makes sense to have someone different, Sziget already has 4 of the 6 R&L headliners. Not had a look but I suspect Imagine Dragons will have gone down like a lead balloon with the R&L faithful. Would happily take Bicep, Snuts and Wet Leg from that line-up.

You can add Loyle Carner and that's perfect

2 hours ago, Qishere said:

Usually when bands are in early summer in Europe, they change to other continent in August. 

according to that “rule” they are ruled out…

I've always considered them out since this poster came out.

Considering The Killers and Muse are out (thanks to @Sziget2023_Leaks), I'm thinking of :

The Strokes, GreenDay, Cage the Elephant, Panic! at the Disco, Queen + Adam Lambert, Nickelback.

Also, The Offspring and Fall Out Boy could be possible, I don't know about their popularity in Hungary.. and I dream of My Chemical Romance lol, but I don't think it's happening ^^

6 hours ago, sandorbeni said:

Are the acts announced to Oya and Flow festival today have a chance of being at sziget? Would love to have FKA twigs and Caroline Polachek

Yes, there are acts already playing those festivals who are also playing Sziget so every chance more could be added.

Got to say though, both festivals seem to be missing a big name in their first announcements. They all look like undercard announcements, especially when Nick Cave, Florence and Gorillaz played at Oya last year and The Cure and Tame Impala the edition before.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:32 AM, sandorbeni said:

Are the acts announced to Oya and Flow festival today have a chance of being at sziget? Would love to have FKA twigs and Caroline Polachek

I hope Sziget booked Shygirl too as she cancelled her Kolorádó gig a few years ago here and I'm dying to see her live.

As for FKA Twigs, she is a MUST as she was supposed to do Sziget in 2020.

Shygirl - Caroline Polachek - FKA Twigs right after each other in the Freedome UGHHHH I would DIE.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cirez said:

after Sziget literally moving the festival and RandL blowing their headliner budget on her, I can't understand whether I am massively underrating Billie or these festival are massively overrating her

You're underrating her. But more importantly you're not considering the next year as a whole is looking pretty vanilla in terms of headliners touring, which makes booking a huge act that will do only a handful of European dates even more appealing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

That would be a first time

In girl bands and soloists maybe, but I remember at least a South Korean act that was at Sziget: Idiotape. They played on the Europe stage some time ago.

Edited by #1SzigetFan