Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

30 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I guess we're going to have Billie Eilish and Green Day as headliners in the first announcement. Another one could be an EDM DJ, maybe Guetta. I wonder which act is going to get the last spot. I'm rooting for RHCP or Blur.

Where are you getting Green Day from? I can't see any tours but I maybe missing something. Billie looks a stick on. Guetta or Swedish House Mafia is a shout. I would love it to be Blur . 

Throw in the 3/10 from leaks and I think you can add Sam and Nothimg But Thiefs with the Amsterdam song. 

Strokes Florence and foals playing in Spain about the same time and I think they all could be in with a shout 

Edited by Davidoff
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Where are you getting Green Day from? I can't see any tours but I maybe missing something. Billie looks a stick on. Guetta or Swedish House Mafia is a shout. I would love it to be Blur . 

Throw in the 3/10 from leaks and I think you can add Sam and Nothimg But Thiefs with the Amsterdam song. 

I think from the potential line up for R&L having Billie + Green Day.

I would be very happy with an initial announcement including those 2 + Swedish House Mafia, Sam Fender and Nothing But Thieves.

Then 1 more headliner for the first announcement?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

I actually had the best time at his concert at Sziget in 2019 🤩 I wouldn't mind seeing him again

I'm with you on this. Not music I would ever listen to at home but I thought he had enough recognisable songs to engage the crowd and get them jumping. Certainly better than some we saw that year!

20 minutes ago, opel said:

As a favour to promoters, because The National sales flopped. He could easily do Sziget as a head

The National were excellent that night; but when Matt jumped in to the crowd and people ran to try and get near him I realised how few people were actually there. We were in the inner circle for the full thing and there was hardly anyone around us. I’d maybe go as far as to say it’s the smallest headline crowd I’ve ever seen in the near 30 festivals I’ve been to 

1 minute ago, ReljaGajić said:

No. She's finishing her tour in the US on August 5th, and Sziget starts on the 9th

She's added extra dates. Final one is now 9 August.

IMHO she's too big for Sziget. She has such a massive number of fans that day tickets would sell in seconds which means 3 day and 6 day tickets would then be bought by people only intending to attend for one day. 

And how much of the artist budget would she take???

No, I'm going with NBT. A twentieth of the price too!

21 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

She's added extra dates. Final one is now 9 August.

IMHO she's too big for Sziget. She has such a massive number of fans that day tickets would sell in seconds which means 3 day and 6 day tickets would then be bought by people only intending to attend for one day. 

And how much of the artist budget would she take???

No, I'm going with NBT. A twentieth of the price too!

Artists like Prince or David Bowie headlined Sziget... so no, I don't think she's "too big" for the festival lol.. After all, we had Bieber last year so..

But I agree : she will not be here next year, 0%. After her (huge) US tour, she will not already come to Europe, thats too soon. Everyone needs to realise that they also need to rest.. !

NBT it is for the second clue ^^ 6 more days to wait for the first official announcement !