Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

On 11/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, Matt86 said:

2nd one, majority think about EMINEM, and me about Fall Out Boy lol (I'd rather have Eminem to be honest, even if I like both ^^)

Eminem would be my ideal booking but Is "please stand by" supposed to be referencing "please stand up" from the Real Slim Shady song? That would be a pretty lacklustre clue tbh...

I think they're literally just saying "see you soon" 😂 maybe we'll get some names the day after price increase.

17 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

So all we have so far is the Reading/Leeds festival names (end of August) :

* Sam Fender * Billie Eilish * Foals * Greenday * KSI . (and maybe, only maybe, Paramore).

And as a  reminder, in 2022, the only common headliner we had with them was Arctic Monkeys

I'd be very happy if we got Sam Fender, Foals, Green Day and Paramore from that line-up.

Foals and Paramore are touring together in the States until the beginning of August 2023 so them coming across after that makes sense.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'd be very happy if we got Sam Fender, Foals, Green Day and Paramore from that line-up.

Foals and Paramore are touring together in the States until the beginning of August 2023 so them coming across after that makes sense.

Foals Greenday and Paramore would indeed be great (even if that would be too much in commun with Reading, so impossible I think)

Sam Fender, well... I don't know if Sziget forgives him for 2022, I wouldn't bet on it 😅

Billie Eilish might be the common headliner between the 2 festivals ^^ and Macklemore just announced European dates in April-May...with nothing in Hungary... considering he's at Sziget quite often (and it is always a great match TBH), I think we might get him lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Sam Fender, well... I don't know if Sziget forgives him for 2022, I wouldn't bet on it 😅

I'm not a fan of him but I like his music and I was looking forward to his concert, but after he cancelled at the last moment I lost all of my interest, I hope they won't reschedule him for the next year. Same thing happened to me this year at Primavera Sound with The Strokes and at Mad Cool with Glass Animals. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

I'm not a fan of him but I like his music and I was looking forward to his concert, but after he cancelled at the last moment I lost all of my interest, I hope they won't reschedule him for the next year. Same thing happened to me this year at Primavera Sound with The Strokes and at Mad Cool with Glass Animals. 

The Strokes was due to a Covid case though, they did everything to be there. And they payed on the second weekend. 

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Strokes was due to a Covid case though, they did everything to be there. And they payed on the second weekend. 

I know, but after waiting for a year for the festival to happen and then they cancel a day before the festival I was annoyed and sad. yes, they played the 2nd weekend but I had a ticket only for the 1st one and I couldn't afford to pay the ticket for 2nd weekend and to find another accommodation. 🙃

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Where?! Didn't see it. But hope it's true of course!

Can be because of the "Duh" in his last comment, which is part of the song "bad guy" from Billie, but it might be a stretch. She is also supposed to headline Reading/Leeds so there might be a chance.

image.png.0043b1c61406a225ee85f0da40bc76fa.png

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Well he already confirmed Billie Eilish, which is a huge one.

I think 'confirmed' might be pushing it a little! That said, if she's around and available I don't doubt that she'd be booked. Not sure she'd hold my attention for 90 minutes but bad guy and bury a friend are great songs. The rest all sound the same to me tbh.