Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

15 hours ago, Matt86 said:

it's a matter of taste. To me, it was very weak. Just compared to 2019 with Yungblud, Chvrches, Coheed & Cambria, Of Mice & Men , Kodaline, Razorlight, Idles, ... yep, 2022' A38 suck lol.

Well, I think Chvrches and Idles are great, but the rest... is terrible to me. 

Btw, you said this it's cheaper... i'm afraid they'll keep on going with that 😞  Bands with all their stuff cost more.

This is not  necessarily true. All depends of the artist. I cannot think Yung Lean, Slowthai, Caribou, Jon Hopkins, Bob Moses, Fontaines D.C or Woodkid as "cheap" artist. Is not only about how many people you have on stage, is more about how many people you have behind the stage to make your show possible, and , of course, your popularity. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

2 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Well, I think Chvrches and Idles are great, but the rest... is terrible to me. 

Btw, you said this it's cheaper... i'm afraid they'll keep on going with that 😞  Bands with all their stuff cost more.

This is not  necessarily true. All depends of the artist. I cannot think Yung Lean, Slowthai, Caribou, Jon Hopkins, Bob Moses, Fontaines D.C or Woodkid as "cheap" artist. Is not only about how many people you have on stage, is more about how many people you have behind the stage to make your show possible, and , of course, your popularity. 

Bands I mentioned all have their own guitars, battery, bass, sometimes piano, etc ... and they are at least 4 members on stage. Yes, they do cost more. And nowadays it is more difficult for them to travel than solo artists who dont need much to tour.

Slowthai, Yung Lean, Caribou, Beabadoobee, ... trust me, they ARE cheaper for a fest' to book.

4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

it's cheaper... i'm afraid they'll keep on going with that 😞  Bands with all their stuff cost more.

it makes me think about their question "would you like more edm-techno music in he future 😄  ??" .... hey, we''re not stupid, we know what you are trying to do guys .... fuck u

As a guitar-band fan I was very disappointed with the A38 line-up this year. A mix of styles is preferable, but it definitely leaned away from rock and indie this year.

46 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Bands I mentioned all have their own guitars, battery, bass, sometimes piano, etc ... and they are at least 4 members on stage. Yes, they do cost more. And nowadays it is more difficult for them to travel than solo artists who dont need much to tour.

Slowthai, Yung Lean, Caribou, Beabadoobee, ... trust me, they ARE cheaper for a fest' to book.

Once again, that's non sense. You are only thinking on the music members on stage, but you are not considering the crew for every artist/act. For instance, Justice are two guys on stage, but they are travelling with +50 people to make their show possible. You have to pay that. 

Then, is the caché of any band in terms of popularity. I cannot think how Coheed and Cambria, or Of Mice and Men are more popular (an expensive) in 2022 than Slowthai or Yung Lean. 

and, using you logic, Woodkid or Jungle had more people on stage than any other band you said. Also Beabadoobee, Caribou, Inhaler, Clutch, Badbabnotgood, Iceage, Fontaines D.C has music members on stage. And you can deliver an "urban" act or electronic act, with dancers, as Riles did this year. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

28 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Once again, that's non sense. You are only thinking on the music members on stage, but you are not considering the crew for every artist/act. For instance, Justice are two guys on stage, but they are travelling with +50 people to make their show possible. You have to pay that. 

Festival organisers wouldn't pay for that, the band would. They would be paid exactly the same for 2 people and 5 backstage folk, than if they had 50 backstage folk. 

• Like 1

When I said it was cheaper for djs that bands I was meaning that on average a DJ will be cheaper and I can see them booking a extra DJ and having 2 nights for a DJ. 

That link was interesting reading with the costs for bands. 

The dance tent was very busy and Alan Walker was scarry busy so was most nights compared to the A38. 

I did like fontains and inhaler my only complaint was that they were on the same day, wrong time and the same day as the Monkey's. They would have been a good alternative to Justin and Dua Lipa.  Your right that it is about your own taste but I have preferred previous years and not having anything the first night was a disgrace and dangerous. 

Edited by Davidoff
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, swelsbyuk said:

We rarely, if ever, eat fast food at home but we started visiting Burger King in the city before setting off for the festival. Was costing us about £17 to feed a family of five there as opposed to £70 at the festival. I hated doing it but the money saved paid for the beer for the day.

We all drank beer at £3 a can until my daughter asked for a Vodka and Red Bull and I almost fainted when it was about £11. Not sure what it costs in the UK but that was the only drink I bought her that day!

£11 for a single vodka redbull is probably more expensive than the UK, double though would be about £14 i reckon

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:18 PM, Davidoff said:

When I said it was cheaper for djs that bands I was meaning that on average a DJ will be cheaper and I can see them booking a extra DJ and having 2 nights for a DJ. 

That link was interesting reading with the costs for bands. 

The dance tent was very busy and Alan Walker was scarry busy so was most nights compared to the A38. 

I did like fontains and inhaler my only complaint was that they were on the same day, wrong time and the same day as the Monkey's. They would have been a good alternative to Justin and Dua Lipa.  Your right that it is about your own taste but I have preferred previous years and not having anything the first night was a disgrace and dangerous. 

From what I've heard a lot of djs tend to charge for the expected crowd size rather than having  a set fee which is why you bet a lot of djs who just do fests rather than their own show

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Blink-182 as a potential act maybe? They don't have anything scheduled for August, but they're going to be in Europe at the beginning of September.

look at their tour.. they might need some rest in August, don't you think..?

No way they're gonna be here.

16 hours ago, Matt86 said:

ok dude we'll see then 😉

Maybe you know something i don't, if so fair enough but you didn't have to be so rude to that other person.

My point was that with the current dates doing festivals in august would be completely normal as far as what other artists do year in year out.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Maybe you know something i don't, if so fair enough but you didn't have to be so rude to that other person.

My point was that with the current dates doing festivals in august would be completely normal as far as what other artists do year in year out.

Wouldn't they do non festival dates in August also? Rather than a European tour from September onwards?

For example they are doing Portugal, Spain, Netherlands, UK and Belgium on there sept/Oct tour. That pretty much rules them out august festivals in those countries. 

They are also doing gigs close to Hungary in September, bands don't usually visit all countries in Eastern Europe. So gigs in Prague and Vienna, rules out Hungary for me.

I highly doubt they will be doing European festivals by the tour dates. If the usual countries were missing you might have a point, I don't see it though.