Cost of Living and Glastonbury

Crazyfool01

cost of living and Glastonbury   

344 members have voted

1. 1. with the cost of living rising will this impact the decision to buy Glastonbury tickets ?

• Yes ... im already priced out
    • I will try in oct but a decent chance I wont pay off balance
    • I will try in Oct and it likely ill pay off balance but not 100% sure
    • I will purchase them as usual and pay off as usual

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

Glastonbury have decided to save some money by not booking the spice girls.

We can only guess what they’d have to pay for them but I reckon it would exceed Arcadia’s £400K budget! 

3 hours ago, stuie said:

We can only guess what they’d have to pay for them but I reckon it would exceed Arcadia’s £400K budget! 

Arcadia gets £400k to spend? Is that to cover everything? Per year? Set up, booking acts, everything else involved?

Where does this figure come from?

What are other areas budgets?

The ex accountancy student in me is intrigued.

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Arcadia gets £400k to spend? Is that to cover everything? Per year? Set up, booking acts, everything else involved?

In the documents submitted for the planning appeal, Arcadia stated that their entire budget was around £400K per festival and that removing the crane base and reinstating it every year would eat up around 50% of their budget. Something like that, anyway. It was posted on here at the time. 

I don’t think we know about other areas.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Calvin Harris probably got 200k on his own to perform. Bet the Chems took at discount and wouldve gotten 10k and travel expenses.

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Calvin Harris probably got 200k on his own to perform. Bet the Chems took at discount and wouldve gotten 10k and travel expenses.

The festival struggles to spend that on a headliner, let alone for a smaller stage. Expect his payment to be around 20k with loads of tickets. I know he was on site all weekend in a RV. 

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Slightly more than £400K - this is their income from the planning app.

Capture.JPG

17 minutes ago, leath02 said:

GreenMan Ticket website has crashed due to demand - incase people were thinking that cost of living would dampen appetite for festival ticekts

Did it not sell out very quickly last time ? I’m a bit confused about how people not having money impacts everything else but not festival demand ? 

35 minutes ago, leath02 said:

GreenMan Ticket website has crashed due to demand - incase people were thinking that cost of living would dampen appetite for festival ticekts

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Did it not sell out very quickly last time ? I’m a bit confused about how people not having money impacts everything else but not festival demand ? 

I'm not sure if it's just GreenMan that's causing the load... the whole Ticketline website says it's too busy.  What else are they selling today?

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It sold out within a few days last year, but that was also down to the fact lots of tickets had been rolled over for two years

Will be interesting to see how long it stay on sale this year. Very good festival indeed

Just now, stuie said:

I'm not sure if it's just GreenMan that's causing the load... the whole Ticketline website says it's too busy.  What else are they selling today?

Are the queues for the site as a whole rather than indiividual events? 

Think BCNR have tickets on sale today 

40 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Are the queues for the site as a whole rather than indiividual events? 

Think BCNR have tickets on sale today 

That’s what I mean, just going the ticket line homepage puts you in a queue

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thing is, people not having money doesn't necessarily mean all people.

As usual, the poorest are being hit first and hardest, and they may not be the ones buying tickets especially to an event like Green Man.

Just now, incident said:

Thing is, people not having money doesn't necessarily mean all people.

As usual, the poorest are being hit first and hardest, and they may not be the ones buying tickets especially to an event like Green Man.

Ok maybe not the poorest but some in the middle might well be tightening belts as I’ve noticed already with many people now choosing the value range 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

No, just www.ticketline.co.uk - it's been busy all morning.

image.png.ddbcabc2ab6a48ea513fa8c9c1a9ef53.png

Ah fair play. I was just trying via the GreenMan specific URL - greenman.ticketline.co.uk - which also lands you at the same place

Weird they shut their whole site down due to increased traffic, rather than queue people in designated IPs

Whole thing seemed a bit pointless anyway, as once people started sharing the direct link for the page after the portal, it just skipped the queue page instanteously 

Ticketline clearly a bit shite