Volunteering 2023

neil93

Just now, chestwig said:

No today... I just know there will be a batch of them on the day I can't be on my laptop. 🥵

Not to worry, I'm chained to my desk this week. Distill set and proceed button at the ready 🫡

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Nearly had a heart attack when the Distill alert went off then! Looks like it was just a Bearded Theory place.

I'm at the point now, when I would prefer not to know....  If I am online I will check just as and when. 

This system is ridiculous! I would prefer a interview

Had a thought that if you had a recent Oxfam spot but won a ticket competition (like the Vodafone one that launched today) I assume you'd lose the deposit?

Seems a bit harsh especially since they'll easily get their money back judging from those still trying to bag a spot on here

4 hours ago, Dejalves said:

Had a thought that if you had a recent Oxfam spot but won a ticket competition (like the Vodafone one that launched today) I assume you'd lose the deposit?

Seems a bit harsh especially since they'll easily get their money back judging from those still trying to bag a spot on here

You'd message the office, the stuff online tends to sound harsher then they actually are.

5 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Plenty Boomtown and Boardmasters slots popping on and off last night after seemingly nothing for days, so I have hope!

Could be that rather than just have a single Glastonbury place come up Oxfam wait till they have a few then reallocate them.

Hi, first time WaterAid volunteer here.
Don't know if anyone can answer this but I'm assigned to the 'loo crew' late night areas.
I think it's 4x six hours shifts and I know you get your rota when you arrive, but I was just wondering if there's a shift pattern? I've volunteered for Oxfam in the past and you worked three shifts over the festival, 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am, and I wondered if it was anything like this?
Cheers, Steve

Wilderness and Reading also still available alongside Bearded Theory, Download, 2000 trees, NASs and Arctangent. Have see Latitude and Shambala come and go as well. No Glastonbury spots for ages though 🙁

24 minutes ago, RichardT said:

Water aid posted on twitter the other day suggesting possible more volunteering spaces or a competition coming up so make sure you have your notifications turned on 👍🏼

Yeah that was a week ago now with no further info posted! Very strange stuff. I keep checking but nothing from them about it since the original post. 

16 minutes ago, Chewbarker said:

Yeah that was a week ago now with no further info posted! Very strange stuff. I keep checking but nothing from them about it since the original post. 

As I’ve posted this they’ve just posted on twitter… it’s a competition🤦🏼‍♂️ worth a punt I suppose 🤞🏼

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mazola said:

The places will come, but expect just the odd one here and there. There's not batch of places waiting to be listed, it will only be when someone cancels their spot

You'd think that people cancelling would be more likely a week or so before the festival, as people become unwell/issues arise that mean they have to pull out. Good luck place hunters! 

I know a few people have said that we're likely to still get slots (which is honestly what's keeping me going) but as this is the first time I've tried to get a stewarding slot so late in the day I'm curious, does this feel similar to previous years? Have there been this many people still attempting to get a space at this stage?

I'm trying to emotionally prepare myself but I want to keep trying as much as I can. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that this is normal and to keep the faith!

13 minutes ago, franks said:

I know a few people have said that we're likely to still get slots (which is honestly what's keeping me going) but as this is the first time I've tried to get a stewarding slot so late in the day I'm curious, does this feel similar to previous years? Have there been this many people still attempting to get a space at this stage?

I'm trying to emotionally prepare myself but I want to keep trying as much as I can. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that this is normal and to keep the faith!

Definitely feels like there's less than last year.