Volunteering 2023

neil93

2 hours ago, mazola said:

How are you monitoring the page? If you can you best bet is to be logged in with a pc or desktop and use the distill extension. 

It's a free plug in, I had mine set to every 15 seconds and to monitor the festival drop down menu, that way if anything is added or removed you will get an alert. You only need to log in to oxfam once, but keep that page open. The fact that it is constantly accessing the site will keep you logged in. The downside is it will notify you every time any festival is added or removed, so will be lots of false alarms.

If you are having to access by phone your options may be limited, but Distill on desktop chrome works for me

We have Distill. My nephew paid for the month on his iPhone so alerts on that as well. Also comes through via my Apple watch. A few of us are using the same paid distill account. 

I've been constantly refreshing every 10 seconds for an hour. A place became available but was 'sold out' by the time I'd clicked on the terms boxes.

What on earth are people using to not only 'proceed' but to add all payment details in less than 1 second?

I could cry 🥺

Edited by JezzaBelle

Just now, JezzaBelle said:

I've been constantly refreshing every 10 seconds for an hour. A place became available but was 'sold out' by the time I'd clicked on the terms boxes.

What on earth are people using to not only 'proceed' but to add all payment details in less than 1 second?

I could cry 🥺

Apple Pay 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, incident said:

That's a good sentiment, but unfortunately it seems to be quite difficult to make a direct correlation between places being cancelled and when they subsequently become available. It appears that there's a step or two behind the scenes that's not visible to us.

Possibly. Unfortunately the best I can do though.

2 hours ago, JezzaBelle said:

I could cry 🥺

Keep at it... With that dedication you'll get a spot....I refreshed the page almost constantly for a month in 2019 and got in a week before 🤞

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

There is a Bearded Theory place at the moment. Those are rarer than Glasto places 

Oxfam announced on FB they released a batch of them today. I about to grab one but I was waiting to hear if my friends are going as punters as if they are I don't want to work and i'll buy a ticket.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, March Hare said:

There is a Bearded Theory place at the moment. Those are rarer than Glasto places 

yeah its been there since the morning and ive never seen Bearded places become available

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Oxfam announced on FB they released a batch of them today. I about to grab one but I was waiting to hear if my friends are going as punters as if they are I don't want to work and i'll buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

yeah its been there since the morning and ive never seen Bearded places become available

Ah that makes sense.  Not been myself but it’s incredibly popular with the Oxfam regulars so they must be doing something right

Edited by March Hare

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Ah that makes sense.  Not been myself but it’s incredibly popular with the Oxfam regulars so they must be doing something right

I'll be at Bearded with Oxfam shop which will be my third. It really is a great little festival with a really good crew bar.

I'm just hoping that now that DHP have bought into the festival, that they don't change it too much.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I'll be at Bearded with Oxfam shop which will be my third. It really is a great little festival with a really good crew bar.

I'm just hoping that now that DHP have bought into the festival, that they don't change it too much.

You must work with Ben?  We always have the crack with you folk there and buy some clobber 

16 hours ago, gazzared said:

Met a few last year at Bearded who got places quite late. Probably about now in fact. One young lad who'd never stewarded before, never even been to a festival before, didn't know a single name on the lineup and decided on a whim last minute to sign up on his own. And he was bloody loving it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Those who have volunteered with Oxfam before, did you camp in the Oxfam camp site or elsewhere? It says on the website you have to camp in the Oxfam camp site, how strict are they with enforcing this?

"Strict"

But they'd never know, just don't try to be too obvious taking a tent out of staff camping on Wednesday.