Truck Fest 2023 Lineup

Jack01825

19 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Saw a fan throw this fan-art on Twitter. Dunno if this is too ambitious.

very rocky headliners - no way can they get Biffy too

NBT are a bit small for it i'd say

Glass Animals aren't touring

15 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Corrr is that's it they're stepped up, but yeah phoebe being Thursday sub just doesn't feel right considering she headlined the 2nd stage at Latitude last year

The person who posted this did a follow-up Tweet going "someone should just buy me my own festival for my birthday cause i make the best lineups"

Which I suspect is an indication that this poster is their homemade take on things.

10 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

They are just as big as bombay bicycle club I'd say, pretty much sold out the 02 arena on the last tour which is more than what Bombay and wolf Alice have managed 

Tbf Wolf Alice sold out 3 nights at Hammersmith Apollo, which is roughly one night at the O2.

I should know given I'm still irritated a storm meant I couldn't make the one I had tickets for last year.

50 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf Wolf Alice sold out 3 nights at Hammersmith Apollo, which is roughly one night at the O2.

I should know given I'm still irritated a storm meant I couldn't make the one I had tickets for last year.

Close but still about 5,000 less! I always feel that selling out one night at an arena is more of a thing than 3/4 nights at an Apollo size venue though 

3 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Close but still about 5,000 less! I always feel that selling out one night at an arena is more of a thing than 3/4 nights at an Apollo size venue though 

Perhaps, but its still a decent feat for a band to boast about and given they drew quite a big crowd to their Reading slots in 2021 and 2022, they've got some clout. I think if they did an O2 show on the next tour cycle it'd sell pretty well, though I'm not quite so sure that would translate into a full UK arena tour run.

Guess it as much depends on whether their tour bookers feel confident enough to try it.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Perhaps, but its still a decent feat for a band to boast about and given they drew quite a big crowd to their Reading slots in 2021 and 2022, they've got some clout. I think if they did an O2 show on the next tour cycle it'd sell pretty well, though I'm not quite so sure that would translate into a full UK arena tour run.

Guess it as much depends on whether their tour bookers feel confident enough to try it.

Anyway my point was being if wolf Alice and Bombay are deemed big enough to headline then nbt probably are as well now

1 minute ago, Mcbatesman said:

Anyway my point was being if wolf Alice and Bombay are deemed big enough to headline then nbt probably are as well now

I mean NBT were subs to Wolf Alice at Truck 2019 and drew a similarly massive crowd, and have had a few popular singles since. So, yeah, I'm inclined to side with that argument.

On 1/29/2023 at 5:38 PM, Dales said:

That's got to be good for us, if we end up with another headliner sized act. Or are we likely to get 2 slightly smaller acts on the same day?

Certainly reads like 4 headliners plus Thursday.

Email I just got says "It's almost the moment you've been waiting for... Truck Festival 2023 line up will be announced TOMORROW 6PM! We'll be announcing over 50 acts, 4 Main Stage Headliners, including your Thursday Headliners." 

So I'd take that as the 4 headliners include the Thursday 

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

Email I just got says "It's almost the moment you've been waiting for... Truck Festival 2023 line up will be announced TOMORROW 6PM! We'll be announcing over 50 acts, 4 Main Stage Headliners, including your Thursday Headliners." 

So I'd take that as the 4 headliners include the Thursday 

Yeah, thats does seem clearer. Not long now until we find out.