Radio 1 Big Weekend 2023

gfa

• 1 month later...

Following from my last post, I was correct and there has been bit of Big Weekend news...

Ticket news:

Tickets go on sale next Friday (24th) at 8:30am via Ticketmaster.

Friday tickets will be £20.50 (£18 + £2.50 booking fee).

Saturday and Sunday tickets will be £33.50 (£29 + £4.50 booking fee).

90% of tickets will be reserved for Scotland residents...

Pot 1 - 50% reserved for postcodes DD1 - DD11

Pot 2 - 40% reserved for the rest of Scotland

Pot 3 - 10%* unreserved allocation

*after 7 days, if Pot 1 and Pot 2 haven't sold out, these will be made available to Pot 3

General information:

Friday will be an 18+ event, with a day capacity of 15,000 (that are able to purchase) and gates opening at 3:00pm and last entry at 10:00pm.

Saturday and Sunday has no age restriction, however 15-under need someone 18+ with them, 16+ can attend unaccompanied. Each day will have a capacity of 35,000 (that are able to purchase). Both days gates will open at 10:30am with a 'headliner' opening act starting at 12:30pm and last entry at 9:00pm.

The whole site will be cashless once again.

Travel:

There won't be any on-site parking other than a limited amount that are pre-book only for those with access requirements.

A shuttle bus will be in operation throughout the weekend between Camperdown Park and the City Centre (otherwise a 3.3 mile walk).

Lineup:

Joel Corry got added to the lineup the other day, not the most exciting of bookings I know.

The Saturday lineup will be revealed on Monday (20th) from 8am.

The Sunday lineup will be revealed on Wednesday (22nd) from 8am.

• Upvote 1

Long time no post!

Question about ticket for this...as we live in Dundee it seems a no brianer to attend...when they say you can buy 2 tickets per person for Saturday OR Sunday can I buy 2 for Saturday and my partner buy 2 for Sunday and attend both days? 

Having a brain fart trying to work it out. And it's but massively clear on the website. 

1 hour ago, Gothenburg83 said:

Long time no post!

Question about ticket for this...as we live in Dundee it seems a no brianer to attend...when they say you can buy 2 tickets per person for Saturday OR Sunday can I buy 2 for Saturday and my partner buy 2 for Sunday and attend both days? 

Having a brain fart trying to work it out. And it's but massively clear on the website. 

did it for cov, but make sure you use two different cards and two different accounts on ticketmaster

some people using the same card but under different names did have theirs cancelled 

SAT:

Main Stage: The 1975 / Joel Corry / Jess Glynne / Arrdee / Mimi Webb / Tom Grennan / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Jonas Brothers

Future Sounds: Rudimental / Headie One / The Snuts / piri / Self Esteem / Romy / FLO / Pale Waves

BBC Introducing: Amemi Fox / Arxx / Bemz / Caity Baser / Chowerman / Sliime / Tom A. Smith / Venbee 

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Christ that’s shit. Has the Big Weekend finally stopped being able to magically book acts above its level after all these years 

Think it's just a very weak touring year in general, not great though at all, unless there are some belters announced on Wednesday for the Sunday, I'll be giving it a miss.

47 minutes ago, stanh said:

Think it's just a very weak touring year in general

True although they normally manage to pull a few interesting rabbits out of the hat regardless, especially on the second stage. The Sunday was significantly better than the Saturday last year though so still hope yet. 

Someone at Radio 1 must love 30 Seconds to Mars. They rarely support any artists above 35, let alone above 50! 

it makes you wonder when they’ll stop playlisting Arctic Monkeys, they’ve stopped with new stuff from Muse, The Killers and Kasabian since about 2018 or so. Not the Foo Fighters yet though.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

SUN:

Main Stage: Lewis Capaldi / Wet Leg / Anne-Marie / Niall Horan / Becky Hill / Nothing But Thieves / Zara Larsson

Future Sounds: Sub Focus / RAYE / Arlo Parks / Cassyette / Inhaler / Georgia / Cat Burns / Ashnikko

BBC Introducing: Aby Coulibaby / Brooke Combe / Gretel Hänlyn / Katie Gregson-MacLeod / Michael Aldag / Piers James / Rose Gray