Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

24 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

So, I got the caravan out to start getting it prepped and ready over the next couple of long weekends.. which got me looking (a tad early perhaps) at route planning..

coming from the east, i usually take A14, M6, Toll and then A38 and in past the National Memorial Arboretum... but have noticed on google maps that after NMA and the small railway bridge, you would normally bear left onto the road that leads to the site.. but that is marked as 'Closed'.... 

anyone know what that is about? It has the potential to cause horrendous traffic if true...

It's marked as "Closed", but if you go to the details it says "until May 2".

There's probably some work on the bridge across the river happening over the BH weekend.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, incident said:

It's marked as "Closed", but if you go to the details it says "until May 2".

There's probably some work on the bridge across the river happening over the BH weekend.

Ahh..! I will leave the maps alone and get back to polishing up the van!

Many thanks

My mate's depression has flared up again so hes not going this year and im still deciding whether to go solo or give it a miss. I know i'll love it and have done many festivals on my own, but something is stopping me pulling the trigger and i dont know what

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

So, I got the caravan out to start getting it prepped and ready over the next couple of long weekends.. which got me looking (a tad early perhaps) at route planning..

coming from the east, i usually take A14, M6, Toll and then A38 and in past the National Memorial Arboretum... but have noticed on google maps that after NMA and the small railway bridge, you would normally bear left onto the road that leads to the site.. but that is marked as 'Closed'.... 

anyone know what that is about? It has the potential to cause horrendous traffic if true...

Just follow the Yellow AA signs off the A38 just after the 'adult shop'.

Email just in from Bearded...... so if you want a CV pass get on it quick.

CAMPERVAN PASSES RELEASED! 🚐
For those of you who like to do your kicking back in a motor vehicle, some good news, due to demand we’ve released a limited amount of extra caravan & campervan passes for this year’s event!
This will be the final release of passes, so act fast to secure yours, once they’re gone, they’re gone!
GET YOUR TICKETS

and now we have a cinema too!!

Saturday night at the movies 🎵 ...and also Friday and Sunday - that's right, we're adding a late-night cinema into the mix for Bearded Theory 2023 and we'll be screening some cult cinema classics! 🍿
We dug through the old DVD collection to pick some epic movies with impeccable soundtracks, we'll be screening Pulp Fiction (Friday), The Blues Brothers (Saturday) and closing the show with none other than The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Sunday in our new big top. Let's doooo the tiiime warp agaaaain! 🕺

On 4/28/2023 at 2:32 PM, Paul ™ said:

The overal site licence has been for 15k for years, only utilised last year to full capacity (and less than that in 2018)

Thats interesting. i asked on the FB page if 2022 was the busiest BT ever - as I thought 2018 was very full (That was the Robert Plant year?). I got poo-pooed a bit.. but BT 2018 carried on selling tickets right up to the festival, when previous years had sold out with not as strong line ups. Plus a friend had met someone who knew blah blah and said the organisers had to sell a lot more tickets that year to cover costs. I wonder if 2/3 years of lockdown, plus the very obvious queues to the woodlands, made people think 2022 was far busier than anything before?

29 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Could it just be in the head with this extra busyness? It was my first in 22 but it was my 9th Glastonbury that year too and it felt awfully cramped, but could just be it had been that long since last one and not used to crowds due to covid?

There is a whole thread dedicated to the GF crowds on the forum here - I only read a few bits but it seems there were more people on site, especially on Sunday at GF so was busier.

15 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Could it just be in the head with this extra busyness? It was my first in 22 but it was my 9th Glastonbury that year too and it felt awfully cramped, but could just be it had been that long since last one and not used to crowds due to covid?

No, the ticket sales confirm the extra busyness...

On 4/28/2023 at 6:05 PM, tjamest said:

Fuck it, I'm in! Just writing the above post made up my mind.😊

For about 2 weeks I have been in 2 minds about going, even though I've had 2 tickets since the day they went on sale. Been blown out recently so going alone, which isn't so much of an issue as I've done a few BT's solo before and I'm quite happy with solitude, but last year I was camped near some right ar$eholes who barely went to see any bands and instead kept everyone awake all night being loud and offensive and I'm stressing there'll be more tw@s there this year. Unreasonable of me I know, and I know I've no right to expect everyone at a festival to be friendly, but lockdown has ramped my previously minor anxiety to twitchy levels - plus I'm getting old and tired.

Then this morning I look at the lineup again and immediately book a hotel nearby for the Weds night so I can get onsite early on the Thurs. I make no sense to myself but I know it's going to be a great few days 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

What time do we need to be there to get decent camping?

The earlier the better - not much help I know but last year far more arrived very early compared to previous years, and with lots more inconsiderate camping, meant space was harder to find late on.

There is plenty of room if large group gazebos are not allowed to be put up so hopefully the stewards will be on that.

We bought tickets for this and have been excited for it but with Coventry performing a small miracle and looking likely to get a play off space we're having to wait to see if we'll be going here or down to Wembley for our Bank Holiday. Least if we make the final we've said we'll go on Friday for the day 

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

We bought tickets for this and have been excited for it but with Coventry performing a small miracle and looking likely to get a play off space we're having to wait to see if we'll be going here or down to Wembley for our Bank Holiday. Least if we make the final we've said we'll go on Friday for the day 

Same issue for us last year as Huddersfield fans. We ended up missing the final as it was on Sunday. I went and listened to it on radio in car park with a few cans.

4 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

As a Boro fan I have made the call that we're doing BT and if we do make it to Wembley we will either dip out of the Festival on the Saturday to watch the final in a pub or perhaps stream it over 4G sat like gnomes huddled round an iPad in the Campervan fields. I've seen us fail too many times at Wembley (we've never won there, old stadium or new)

I would wish you good luck but...

...well you know why 😄 

17 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

If all goes according to plan and Bolton get to Wembley for the second time this season I'll be heading there on the Monday morning but not sure how yet

13 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

As a Boro fan I have made the call that we're doing BT and if we do make it to Wembley we will either dip out of the Festival on the Saturday to watch the final in a pub or perhaps stream it over 4G sat like gnomes huddled round an iPad in the Campervan fields. I've seen us fail too many times at Wembley (we've never won there, old stadium or new)

I would wish you good luck but...

...well you know why 😄 

Could be playing each other 3 times in the next couple of weeks!

After all that Coventry have been through the past god knows how long a Wembley game to get to the Premier League is too good to turn down. Win or lose it's not something I envisioned happening but need to get there first haha!

I suppose I've been lucky enough to see us win twice at Wembley so I'm hoping if we get there we carry on out 100% record

I've been at two Beardeds while Liverpool have been in Champions League finals. They lost them both. This is now statistical proof that attending Bearded Theory at the same time your team is playing an important match will guarantee they lose and you should just get on with enjoying the music.