Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Any idea on dates for next year? Saw that graspop is later than usual, will this have an impact on RW dates? 

Gonna wait until the festival is over this year to know the dates for 2024.

July 4-7 may sound late but in 2020 it was supposed to be 2-5 July before Covid cancelled it. In 2019, it was June 27-30.

Probably jump a week as well to 4-7 july. Otherwise the festival would happen completely in June, which is usually not the case (except 2015 to get Foo Fighters)

Edit: well, and apparently 2019 as well as Archi pointed out. Still, I think a lot of festivals will jump to one week later next year (Graspop, Pinkpop,... already announced)

Edited by ThijsDB

For those trying to shift tickets, Ticket Swap is the best place, lots of demand on there for camping tickets etc and all at face value (or less) with very reasonable fees.

I managed to snag a hive myspace ticket on there and somehow even sold my camping C3 tickets  - which the buyer could've just bought off ticketmaster for a few euros cheaper! 😏

14 hours ago, AlexR said:

Sorry, bit of a niche question. How likely would it be to get into the sigur ros tent after watching all the Paolo Nutini. Sigur ros starts just as he finishes so I wondered if there is typically room at the back of the tent still?

I'm afraid Sigur Ros will be one those bands who fills the tent completely so it will be quite impossible to enter if you wait till the end of the Nutini-gig. 

30 minutes ago, fillou said:

I'm afraid Sigur Ros will be one those bands who fills the tent completely so it will be quite impossible to enter if you wait till the end of the Nutini-gig. 

Thanks, that's a shame but oh well. I'll probably end up seeing Nutini then

1 hour ago, fillou said:

Weren't there talks of a Barn with increased capacity this year or have I dreamt?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Given Alexs girlfriends latest update, it seems like the Glasto cancelation is imminent. Not necessarily a bad sign for RW I guess

you mean the photo with 'Go Glasto' caption? I'd rather say it makes their apperance even more likely.

6 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

The new Barn will have a capacity of 25k apparently (20k previously). Quite the increase indeed...

Will be interesting to see how that turns out. 5000 is as you say quite the increase, and I wouldn't say any queue I've seen outside has been close to that number, but then again people also probably have given up before they even tried, so hard to say.

10 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Interview on Belgian radio. Confirmed that they spoke to Foo Fighters for Stromae replacement, then literally said "sometimes things get even better if you put them aside for a year".

Cheers, they've already confirmed UK for June 2024 so I imagine RW will be on their radar. 

13 minutes ago, Ohad said:

I bought food and drinks vouchers through ticketmaster. Do you know how I "load it" to my digital wallet (bracelet)?

Cashless | Rock Werchter 2023

There are a number of ways to load Coins onto your wristband.

- At the top-up booths: go to one of the booths and state how many Coins you wish to load. Once you have paid, the Coins are deposited on the chip in your wristband. You can pay at the booths using any bank card or the current payment apps.
- QR code: there is a QR code on the chip in your wristband. Scan this with your smartphone camera (not your banking app!), follow the instructions and buy Coins with a couple of clicks.
- Voucher: have you bought a food/drink voucher in advance? Exchange your voucher at the exchange booth for your Coins. 

Wasn't the biggest fan of this at BBK last year, but anyway.

On another note, lots of Thursday tickets starting at 85 euro on Ticketswap. Tempted to give it a go!

Edited by VCF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Interview on Belgian radio. Confirmed that they spoke to Foo Fighters for Stromae replacement, then literally said "sometimes things get even better if you put them aside for a year".

I put my money on a TW Classic gig for Foo Fighters next year. 

18 minutes ago, tbartram1 said:

Is it too early to judge if I need to bring wellies? 

Forecast has changed a lot back and forth the last few days, so I wouldn't say anything certain yet, but it seems like we'll be getting rain and by experience wellies are then a good option at Werchter...