Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

6 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

Shame . They are such a good live band with such a great back catalogue

Great back catalouge? As far as I see they have given out 3 albums that combined comes in at under 2 hrs. That hardly qualifies as a great back catalogue, but of course they can be a good band still.. 

24 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Great back catalouge? As far as I see they have given out 3 albums that combined comes in at under 2 hrs. That hardly qualifies as a great back catalogue, but of course they can be a good band still.. 

They have had 8 albums so far with a 9th on the way 

>>

Studio albums

30 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

They have had 8 albums so far with a 9th on the way 

>>

Studio albums

Misunderstood your post then, as i thought you meant the band Shame (which I think the poster under you was referring to as the "new Blur". If so, we agree 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Strange that they've done it without any notification...

It's been the same with all other festivals. It's either the promotor that does not want to give him any promotion (even bad publicity gives extra attention) or his management requested to do it this way to avoid this negative attention. Both are plausible.

3 hours ago, The Black said:

It's been the same with all other festivals. It's either the promotor that does not want to give him any promotion (even bad publicity gives extra attention) or his management requested to do it this way to avoid this negative attention. Both are plausible.

Yeah could be, but if I was one of them that had him high on my list I would have been a bit pissed at them not announcing it as early as possible. At one point they need to replace him with some kind of reasoning anyway, so the publicity will come.

22 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Yeah could be, but if I was one of them that had him high on my list I would have been a bit pissed at them not announcing it as early as possible. At one point they need to replace him with some kind of reasoning anyway, so the publicity will come.

Could be just "... has been added to the line-up" without any notice of replacing Slowthai.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

The most logical way to announce it. 

Yeah, for his sake, but I can't really see how that should be more important than their customers. Anyway, I couldn't case less about him, but I don't think this is a transparent way of doing business. Hopefully they make up for it with great replacements, although I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

As much I don't like festivals in my country (Poland), I must admit - AlterArt managed to deal with headliner crisis perfectly. Sam Smith cancelled - 48/72h later - bang - 30 Seconds to Marsa are coming. And for a gig that's happening this weekend. 

Hope you'll get a splendid replacement, I only regret it didn't happen earlier. Stromae was one of the main reasons no one from my crew wanted to travel this year 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Core festival is over and StuBru is posting questions on their social media about "if it's up to you, who will replace Stromae at RW?".

I think we are getting an announcement soon...

Stubru is posting it because RW starts in 30 days. I don't think we should look too much into it.