Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

2 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Some last minute predictions based on Mad Cools line up: 

Janelle Monae, Kaleo, Kurt Vile, Franz Ferdinand(?), Offspring, Primal Scream, Bombay Bicycle Club, Years & Years (hopefully not).

Would be great, especially the first three. Also rooting for Yellow Days

10 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Some last minute predictions based on Mad Cools line up: 

Janelle Monae, Kaleo, Kurt Vile, Franz Ferdinand(?), Offspring, Primal Scream, Bombay Bicycle Club, Years & Years (hopefully not).

I might add that Suede and Prodigy are free as well. Probably wishful thinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Mumford & Sons for Mad Cool. You guys are in my prayers this morning that you don't suffer the same fate. 

what day could they play at RW? Can't really see any spot available for them.

17 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What positions on the bill still need to be filled? What’s the highest position still to be announced? Trying to work out if we’ll get any bigger names today alongside the vast majority of small acts. 

For the remaining slots, here you go:

Thursday (11)

Main: 2   The Barn: 1   KlubC: 3   The Slope: 5

Friday (7)

Main: 2   The Barn: 1   KlubC: 1   The Slope: 3

Saturday (10)

Main: 1   The Barn: 2   KlubC: 2   The Slope: 5

Sunday (7)

Main: 2   The Barn: 1   KlubC: 2   The Slope: 2

All days (35)

Main: 7   The Barn: 5   KlubC: 8   The Slope: 15

We already know all the sub/co headliners for the Main. The only one that wasn't announced as such is Liam so potentially the biggest available slot is before RHCP. I don't think it will be the case though, I'd expect Liam to play there. I hope for a positive surprise this afternoon but I don't expect any huge names anymore tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

Am I the only one that has not given up hope on R.A.T.M getting announced tomorrow ? It was only his achilles . Should be well cleared up for the summer ?

As everyone else already said it's not possible. But if such a miracle would happen, all your beers that day are on me!!! 😆

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

To be honest I think that's the worst Glastonbury first poster so far

Yeah looks like the overall reception is not that great. But given how festivals seems to be struggling to offer decent line ups this summer, it’s a really good first batch of names in my opinion.

Carly, CHVRCHES, Lana, Maggie Rogers, Lizzo, Rina Sawayama... Lots of great female acts RW is missing.

Though CRJ was there last year.

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

Looking at that Glasto drop, if RW wants to infuse some nostalgia, apart from Cat Stevens, Manic Street Preachers would be a nice name that I hadn't considered until now. For a slot similar to what Keane got last year. I'd love to see them personally. Leftfield also falls in that category and could get a nice spot in KlubC.

Rudimental would be very welcome as well!

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

I think I've read Live is Live will be an exclusive outdoor festival appearance for dEUS in the Flanders, so a spot in the Barn could still be possible I guess. 

That's so specific, exclusive-outdoor-flemish-summer-show. What a sham marketing strategy. Its almost like saying we get the AMs exclusive-July 2nd show because it's their only show that day.

Edited by Ohad