Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

On 1/20/2023 at 12:40 PM, Floyd_Ams said:

Since LN is behind both festivals, I think it's a pity that RW and Graspop don't shuffle their headliners a little bit more, as they could both benefit from it and reduce repetition. This year for example, swapping RHCP with GnR (assuming they are actually at Graspop) would have worked better I believe.

RHCP at Graspop? Lol. 

48 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Yep! (With the right setlist) Why not? I think many Graspop goers would appreciate such a (surprise) name more than yet another appearance from e.g. KISS, Aerosmith or Scorpions...

Come on now. I love left-field bookings but RHCP aren't ever getting booked at a literal metal festival. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They did some in the USA. 

Both quite clearly rock and metal a la Download. Graspop is outright "Graspop Metal Meeting".

RHCP aren't ever playing Graspop. I get that non-metal acts like FNM have played but I could point you to a FNM track heavier than RHCP's entire discography, they just don't fit in for how big they are.

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

One's rock, one's rock and metal a la Download. Graspop is outright "Graspop Metal Meeting".

RHCP aren't ever playing Graspop. 

I don't think RHCP will play Graspop either. I'm just saying it wouldn't be that leftfield of a booking.

Within Temptation is a pop band these days and they headline every 3 years. People went crazy when Alestorm played Hangover by Taio Cruz last year lol It's not some underground event where a band like RHCP wouldn't have a huge crowd

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I don't think RHCP will play Graspop either. I'm just saying it wouldn't be that leftfield of a booking.

Within Temptation is a pop band these days and they headline every 3 years. People went crazy when Alestorm played Hangover by Taio Cruz last year lol It's not some underground event where a band like RHCP wouldn't have a huge crowd

Aye I'm sure they would, but they'd never be there in the first place is all. Even Download seems like a stretch. But I do feel like the UK needs a new big-name rock weekender that isn't Leeds & Reading where the undercard is now designed for an entirely different demographic.

8 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

So tomorrow gonna be a batch of names rather than a headliner?

It was discussed here before that a headliner (specifically, fridays) is expected to be announced among other names.

If the timing of dropping names the same day as lollapalooza Paris isn't a coincidence, I bet it's someone that wasn't announced yet for lolla or rock en sien (because both tend not to share acts, i think?). So not kendrick, strokes or Florence (or Billie, but I couldnt see her headlining RW anyway).

Foo fighters, maybe?

3 minutes ago, Ohad said:

It was discussed here before that a headliner (specifically, fridays) is expected to be announced among other names.

If the timing of dropping names the same day as lollapalooza Paris isn't a coincidence, I bet it's someone that wasn't announced yet for lolla or rock en sien (because both tend not to share acts, i think?). So not kendrick, strokes or Florence (or Billie, but I couldnt see her headlining RW anyway).

Foo fighters, maybe?

Foo Fighters is a good guess I think. Lolla Paris has only announced pop/rap acts so far so I assume the announcement tomorrow will be a rock band. 

7 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Foo fighters, maybe?

There seem to be quite a few announcements comming tomorrow. Likely tied to one big name.

Due to BST, Black Pink and GnR are both in the mix.

Edited by Akujin

@Ken19 said a couple of weeks ago that Foo Fighters were speaking with Pinkpop/Werchter but didn't make it in the end. Now they have announced 4 festivals in the USA next Summer including one mid-June (the same weekend as Pinkpop where all headliners have been announced) and another one on July 15st. I can't see them coming in Europe for like 2 weeks and just a few shows. Seems clear they are out.

About The National, we can agree they're not that big to headline major festivals and put some hype in a global announcement like this. For Panic At The Disco, it seems clear the tour next month is gonna be the last one, based on their statement today.

Honestly, I can't imagine Guns N Roses at RW... They always play a very long set. And they play in London on June 30th. Like said before, they're 99% out for Werchter then.

An act like Black Pink would be a first-comer... they gonna play in Belgium one day or another. They play in London on Sunday July 2nd so they could be in Belgium or 29th or 30th. A duo Stromae - Black Pink could be huge!