Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

18 minutes ago, s30foster said:

It's quite annoying for clashes. Looking at the headliners for Common and Castle alone they're very samey each night.

Fri - Jamiroquai and Pete Tong Ibiza Classics

Sat - Kasabian and Alt J

Sun - Mumfords and Ben Howard

Do we know if the 'electronic sets' are headliners for Beats and Swing? Clashfinder seems to suggest that but can't see it myself.

Sunday especially… wondering if they’ll rethink Ben howard as castle headliner and move to common sub for Mumford?

To a lesser extent the same on Friday with Pete tong subbing JK.  The charlatans could easily headline the castle

Kasabian are the only headliner with a bit of bite imo, and less clashy on the sat than the other days 

Also, from what I can see they’ve only officially announced common headliners and afternoon slots, so hoping the majority of folk are wrong with stage predictions 🤞

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate

17 minutes ago, s30foster said:

It's quite annoying for clashes. Looking at the headliners for Common and Castle alone they're very samey each night.

Fri - Jamiroquai and Pete Tong Ibiza Classics

Sat - Kasabian and Alt J

Sun - Mumfords and Ben Howard

Do we know if the 'electronic sets' are headliners for Beats and Swing? Clashfinder seems to suggest that but can't see it myself.

I am sure I read somewhere that Annie Mac is on Castle. I thought the same thing, as last year the had Andy C headlining beats, so now I have no idea xx

The Annie Mac thing was really badly written, pretty sure her, and the other 2 dance headers are the beats & swings ones. 

Ben Howard and Pete Tong were officially announced as Castle headers.  Alt J werent but the fact they are where they are on the poster indicates they are. 

Ellie Goulding has been give a high billing on the list of acts on the website so I’d be amazed if she’s not Subbing Mumford & Sons

well thats me very happily settled in for seeing Ben in that case, 

weird they've gone for two folk headliners on the same day, but Im ridiculously excited for Ben and im hoping for some stuff off his Burgh Island EP to be played 🙂

the cribs and ride and slowdive are the only 3 left on my wishlist so if any one of them are added for the next bunch of acts, dare I say best victorious lineup yet for myself

21 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Ben Howard and Mumfords are definitely far removed enough from each other to get away with that tbh

Ben Howard is 4th on Mumford's spotify - its pretty silly

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Mumford seems to be a marmite band.

You either love them or hate them from Reading comments on Facebook it’s not gone down very well. A lot of people seem very disappointed x

If you go by social media people are always disappointed.  Every Glasto lineup is rubbish etc…  

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Mumford seems to be a marmite band.

You either love them or hate them from Reading comments on Facebook it’s not gone down very well. A lot of people seem very disappointed x

I had a look earlier and seems most people were expecting Liam after Victorious had tweeted to him. 

That hasn't done them any favours at all. I really think Victorious have shot themselves in the foot with not only that tweet but also if they put Mumford and Ben Howard on same time. There's a hell of a lot of younger crowd who will just outright hate both and even older ages, I think it might cause the young uns to get wasted and cause trouble on site. 

They need to switch Ben Howard to Main and get someone on Castle, I know it's all personal taste and everything, but as this is the 10th year, they haven't promoted it as such and also I feel they've made a real mess of the line up. 

Can see Saturday selling big for Kasabian with Kaiser Chiefs on the bill too, but reckon rest of the weekend won't be anywhere near as busy as last year was.

There's just no acts that are a draw for the younger market imo. Last year had tons. 

for me this is the poorest line up in all the time ive been going .normally if dont like main stage headliner i like castle,but jk and pete tong and mumford ben howard are not my thing.would prefer charlatans or kaisers to headline castle.

Just now, retrokev said:

for me this is the poorest line up in all the time ive been going .normally if dont like main stage headliner i like castle,but jk and pete tong and mumford ben howard are not my thing.would prefer charlatans or kaisers to headline castle.

saying that i do love the ffestival and there are many smaller groups i want to see again.

Happy enough with Mumford. I don’t like them enough to buy a ticket to their own shows. Although, my partner hates them. Come to think of it everyone I know hates them.

Whether you like them or not, it’s a big name for them to get and different to the acts doing the rounds. Although, if you don’t like them that is meaningless.

For me it’s a rare chance to see Mumford as no one I know would ever go to see them.

Well we are hoping for a better line up next year as we won't be going this year. Previous two years had a much stronger line up imo with something to appeal for everyone. I agree, nothing here really for the younger crowd hence why I think they may struggle to sell lots of tickets this year. For such a huge ticket increase in two years I was expecting this festival to grow and maybe become more of a well known festival (most people I know have never heard of this festival). 

So it’s looking like, me or the family want to see:

Friday - Jamiraqoui, Jake Bugg, Wunderhorse, The View, Circa Waves

Saturday - Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, The Coral, Kate Nash, Amyl and the Sniffers

Sunday - Mumford & Sons, The Enemy, The Vaccines, Hard Fi, Ellie Goulding, Sea Girls

More than enough for us and for me much better than last year. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Sunday - Mumford & Sons, The Enemy, The Vaccines, Hard Fi, Ellie Goulding, Sea Girls

For my family I agree, we found plenty to justify our tickets.

We have 13 acts either me, my hubby or daughter wants to see, plus 10 we wouldn’t mind seeing.

even if we don’t stay till bitter end, we are happy. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Looks like we'll be in the same crowds most of the weekend

• Upvote 1

Deffo down on last year for me... last year for me was a magnificent line up...  Sam Fender, BBC, Reytons, Primal Scream, Stereophonics, P/Nutini, NBT, Wombats, James & Libertines...   this year if I am being honest... Kasabian, Hard Fi, Blossoms, Charlatans, The Coral, The Carpets, Sigrid, The Enemy & Johnny Marr will be the ones I will put myself out to see... the others??  Well when Mr Pete Tong and JK will be on we'll either be watching some of the smaller gigs or we will be back in the hotel bar...   also does seem to be a lot less on this year for the younger brigade... anyway it is what it is and we will still have a decent time.

Edited by HarryHammer

4 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Well we are hoping for a better line up next year as we won't be going this year. Previous two years had a much stronger line up imo with something to appeal for everyone. I agree, nothing here really for the younger crowd hence why I think they may struggle to sell lots of tickets this year. For such a huge ticket increase in two years I was expecting this festival to grow and maybe become more of a well known festival (most people I know have never heard of this festival). 

Agree with this. Feels like a huge drop off (certainly in terms of Common/Castle headliners) from the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong - there's some decent acts playing that I'd like to see, but not enough across the weekend to justify getting tickets. That along with the car parking (or lack of) hassle I think is going to make a lot of people think twice about going - especially those like me who would have brought young families. Really do think that the festival has dropped the ball this year, which is a shame as its always been the highlight of my festival season.    

What do we think the chances are of them either putting Blossoms on slightly later on the Friday to allow for people checking in to accommodations at 2pm, or otherwise of the uni allowing check ins earlier than 2pm on the Friday so we can make it onto the site in time? Would really like to catch them...

39 minutes ago, PSi said:

What do we think the chances are of them either putting Blossoms on slightly later on the Friday to allow for people checking in to accommodations at 2pm, or otherwise of the uni allowing check ins earlier than 2pm on the Friday so we can make it onto the site in time? Would really like to catch them...

Website states they are open from Thursday, so I’m sure they would let you drop luggage off. Give them a call x

17 hours ago, PSi said:

Last year, I was able to check in at Rees Hall early, it was about 10:00 and I received an email advising me of this