Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Why? 

I’ll be surprised if they’re not at both tbf 

supposed be aren't not are lol. I can see them subbing Arctics, GNR or subbing other to QOTSA or The Prodigy.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Didn't even realise Tom Odell had blown up again - the lineup got rinsed on instagram comments for being too 'tiktok'

Going off the clashfinder for this year the second headliner is a main stage sub

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2022/

His song that got huge over the summer through covers etc will get big crowds this year.

More than happy with that so far - never seen Jamiroquai before live (apart from JayKay driving really fast along Colchester high street many years ago lol!) Enough to take me back. Haven't seen The Enemy for years either, hoping they will smash it like Embrace and White Lies did this year. Love The Vaccines too, they have grown. Looking forward to Sigrid again if she doesn't clash with anyone - she's brilliant. Please don't put Jamiroquai up against Heaton & Abbott though on Friday night! I am still hoping for either Years & Years, Two Door or The Strokes for a supermassive Saturday!

I think we’ve got..

Jamiraqoui - Friday header

Vaccines - Sunday sub

Sigrid - Sunday castle header 

Hard to place the others really.  Maybe the Divine Comedy 3rd main?  Also no special guests yet . I reckon Mcfly will be one but got tickets to sell elsewhere first 

9 hours ago, sisco said:

I think we’ve got..

Vaccines - Sunday sub

Hard to place the others really.  Maybe the Divine Comedy 3rd main?  Also no special guests yet . I reckon Mcfly will be one but got tickets to sell elsewhere first 

I really hope the special guest is better than that.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah but I don't have a family lol. I think they're awful too

Sadly for you if you go to a family type festival (although has changed over the years) you’ve got to expect family appealing acts. 

That’s why I’m now convinced Sigrid is the castle headliner (like Ann-Marie) leaving a heavier band for the Sunday main stage. 

So when do we think for the next announcement based on past years?  Hoping to see Ashcroft at some point over the weekend 🤞 also would far sooner see Liam over Noel just now, but not sure if playing boardmasters rules him out?

Im just waiting on the uni accommodation becoming available and then we’re all sorted!! 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Sadly for you if you go to a family type festival (although has changed over the years) you’ve got to expect family appealing acts. 

That’s why I’m now convinced Sigrid is the castle headliner (like Ann-Marie) leaving a heavier band for the Sunday main stage. 

I agree. I am unsure though that Sigrid will have the same effect for the slot Anne Marie had. Probably why Spendour appeals though. It's cheap, it looks like a bit of a mini Victorious minus the family side so much. That festival was a bargain for a £90 double weekend ticket and I picked dup my ticket from twickets or something for £60 for the weekend.

Edited by thewayiam

36 minutes ago, s30foster said:

I thought Sigrid would fill Becky Hills slot from last year altho that was a mighty crush getting into that field.

The way she’s positioned on the poster id be amazed if she’s anything other than a castle header.  She is very popular tbf.  

16 hours ago, sisco said:

I think we’ve got..

Vaccines - Sunday sub

last time vaccines played they were 3rd or 4th down.cannot see them subbing could be special guest but probably would of said.

39 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Reckon kasabian will do it. Lines up with them booking a headliner with a few big outdoor shows last couple of years

Yeah I really reckon they will be.  Have absolutely no idea about the 3rd (after initially thinking it was Noel)