What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Got a leak in my caravan, (I've tried to bodge it before but going to have to do it properly now)

I've bought the sealant to try and fix the leak. So just waiting for a couple of dry days, then will dry it all out inside with the hairdryer. Then after festival season this year I'll have to get it under cover and start a little DIY project...

31 minutes ago, JudgeGrumpy said:

P

Also, I prefer one that isn’t clear myself lol

I've said it before, but after careful evaluation of all the options, the bottles used by Fairy/Ariel laundry detergent (*not* the fabric softener) are by some distance the best option out there. Wide opening, ergonomically placed handle, and not clear except for a small strip on the side that can be used to gauge how much is in there.

Edited by incident

I had my first Glastonbury dream last night, does that count as getting ready?  Dreamt that I got to the site, nobody knew where the Oxfam area was, that I'd forgotten my ID, and also the rucksack with all my clothes in it.  I'd also come on a strange bike thing, which had no brakes, so I couldn't even make the journey home to get my stuff in time.

Nice to be able to actually be having these dreams.  Updating my signature with this years felt pretty bloody amazing.  My 20th anniversary!

Messing around with Google Bard AI at work today so asked for draft Glastonbury packing list... not sure about the sandals/flip flops or the book/magazine suggestion but quite impressed that it picked up on the 'things to avoid' bits!image.thumb.png.8d24b4b2ba04d25b11f7687440b84f15.png

6 minutes ago, JohnnySE10 said:

Messing around with Google Bard AI at work today so asked for draft Glastonbury packing list... not sure about the sandals/flip flops or the book/magazine suggestion but quite impressed that it picked up on the 'things to avoid' bits!image.thumb.png.8d24b4b2ba04d25b11f7687440b84f15.png

dry years I take flip flops ... they are great for putting on to nip for a morning pee and give your feet some air whilst back at camp 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

£40 a day on food alone!

How much do people spend at Glastonbury?

I’ve had so many Glastonbury’s where I’ve overdone it with booze and various other substances and not taken advantage of all the great food there. Now I’m pretty much middle aged and have calmed down and I’m going to do the festival a little differently, and part of it is indulging in the food.

I am aware that this new approach may go out the window as soon as I open my first can of beer but it’s the thought that counts. 

£40 -£50 a day for food and beers sounds about right for me: two decent meals for about £12 to £15 apiece, a couple of pints, and maybe a couple of other things that take my eye: a cocktail, a foot long fizzy cola thingo, perhaps a churro. I tend to have a couple of cans of something select on me each day as well. I normally make a little bit of breakfast of a morning, but it’ll be fruit and cereal bars with a tea, nothing complicated. 

17 hours ago, JohnnySE10 said:

Now just need it do do the actual packing for me...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Daft punk arrival … pyramid frame will be with me end of the week ready for construction 

DP on the Pyramid - stuff of dreams that is! 🙏