What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I have to get a wriggle on. Apart from getting a bit fit (which I'm currently spaffing away on mythos and gyros), it's all been talk and very little action.

Next week, I promise to start packing. 

3 hours ago, gfa said:

It costs more for the weekend of charging than it does to just buy a decent powerbank from amazon.

I just spent £40 on one from Amazon and it doesn’t even work. Wasn’t it £15 once and you can swap it each day when at Glastonbury, that doesnt seem unreasonable at all

2 hours ago, Neil said:

i've sent my old campervan off to the garage for a service and mot.

its been parked since last June, and started first time this morning.

Oh wow. Surprised the battery wasn’t flat as a pancake after all that time!

17 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Oh wow. Surprised the battery wasn’t flat as a pancake after all that time!

me too, the leads had been disconnected from the battery, which probably helped.

18 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

It'll be a couple of bottles of decanted Kraken for me plus my Moth cocktails. Might have to buy cider at the festival given i'm on the coach.

I always take Kraken and a hip flask for the headliners.  Pocket sized, fewer piss stops and completely lush. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Thinking of giving these moth cocktails a go.....do people tend to just get 6 or go for the full 24? 🙂 

FOMO 

seem to be more popular than fresh and black on here this year . 

I got 6 as they aren’t cheap even with discount 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

FOMO 

seem to be more popular than fresh and black on here this year . 

I got 6 as they aren’t cheap even with discount 

ha! 😄

Well, given the coach situation anything that cuts down on 'bulk' is a welcome addition, I've taken Tesco cocktails in before but only 3-4 for the Wednesday....., but people seem to rave about these ones...might get a fuller range to see me through the weekend.

Might be preferable to pints and pints of lager/cider for my weak bladder!

On 5/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, El Weirdo said:

Well I bought myself some walking boots on the off chance that it's a bit wet.  Got them for about 65 quid so not too bad if I don't have to use them.

Oh, and I've been singing like Heather Small all day for some reason.

These finally arrived today.  Now to wear them in a bit.

Bought a mini pack of supermarket sushi. It's shite, but now I have one of those little soy sauce bottles that I can get my angostura bitters in. Can't be drinking dark & stormies without bitters, do I look like a monster?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, LS-Charlton said:

I just spent £40 on one from Amazon and it doesn’t even work. Wasn’t it £15 once and you can swap it each day when at Glastonbury, that doesnt seem unreasonable at all

Not sure what you've got but I got a 20,000mAh Anker one for just under £30 last year

2 fests and thats paid for - plus its a useful thing to have in general 🙂 

have to faff around swapping it is more my issue than anything

On 5/23/2023 at 1:31 PM, Robinn said:

Looking for a new tent, considering the Quechua Arpenaz 4.2 F&B. Anyone got experience with this one?

image.thumb.png.8ec6bb5234416900490cfbdb33cdd559.png

I bought one last week, seems a little heave but not too bad, I've done a test run on putting it up and down and did both single handed no problem, seems like an nice tent, not slept in it yet so that's all the help i can be

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Weirdo said:

Dublin - Holyhead for me.  What I save on the drive over there, I lose driving from Rosslare to the wesht.

yea its a juggling act but I prefer to break the journey traveling from the midlands down to Roslare then a nice rest on the ferry then the last leg rather than a short leg to Dublin and a very long one down, but it really is 6 of one.....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

yea its a juggling act but I prefer to break the journey traveling from the midlands down to Roslare then a nice rest on the ferry then the last leg rather than a short leg to Dublin and a very long one down, but it really is 6 of one.....

Well we're actually sailing early Tuesday morning as I have to call to London for a night and then drive down to the festival early Wednesday morning.  Hopefully I'll have something resembling a night's sleep on the Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, El Weirdo said:

Well we're actually sailing early Tuesday morning as I have to call to London for a night and then drive down to the festival early Wednesday morning.  Hopefully I'll have something resembling a night's sleep on the Tuesday.

I'm Tuesday morning too pick up mates in Bristol and head to the car-park on Tuesday night so not much sleep going to happen there, safe travels