The 1975

NorthernSoul52

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The reputation of the Finsbury shows is... spotty.

Have only been down once. Kanye West in '14, before he was quite clearly mad.

Since QOTSA/LG i've never heard complaints

Sam Fender was sold out last year and people said bar queues were fine and sound was good

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Since QOTSA/LG i've never heard complaints

Sam Fender was sold out last year and people said bar queues were fine and sound was good

That's good to hear for punters headed down.

3 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Wasn't aware he had played wireless so went to check the setlist out, I'm sure this in particular was a treat 

image.png.905616207a68455ff6585d865589ba6a.png

I can tell you my abiding memory there. I shared a pipe - an honest to god old-fashioned pipe - and a smuggled bottle of Sambuca with two lovely strangers during that particular rant, then promptly got on the wrong coach home afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Finsbury Park has officially sold out as per their social media. 

In five minutes. Having already played two dates at the O2 this year and headlined Reading last August. Mad for a band who has never had a big hit 

22 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Ha I remember this well, cleared out about a third of the field... and then he played nothing but hits for the second half!

Brilliant in Birmingham on the same weekend. Setlist was perfect https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-west/2014/perry-park-birmingham-england-5bc1ef44.html

One of my favourite live shows ever. Glastonbury was such a disappointment by comparison even if I was still warmer on it than most. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

The debate over The 1975 and Foals was always an utterly bizarre one. The latter are R+L headliners again this year, but would struggle to suggest they would even be considered frontrunners as bill-toppers if they hadn't done it already before. 

I could imagine Foals potentially selling out Finsbury as the headliner for Community, for example. But under their own name, for their own show? They'd need a sensational undercard to pull it off nowadays.

I could imagine Foals potentially selling out Finsbury as the headliner for Community, for example. But under their own name, for their own show? They'd need a sensational undercard to pull it off nowadays.

Dunno, any semi-popular band should be capable of selling 45,000 tickets in a city the size of London. Bloody Jamie T is headlining there this year and he’s about as relevant as Hard-Fi. But to sell out Finsbury instantly, having already sold 40,000 tickets in London this year, is clearly a cut above anything Foals are capable of nowadays, yeah. 

10 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Dunno, any semi-popular band should be capable of selling 45,000 tickets in a city the size of London. Bloody Jamie T is headlining there this year and he’s about as relevant as Hard-Fi. But to sell out Finsbury instantly, having already sold 40,000 tickets in London this year, is clearly a cut above anything Foals are capable of nowadays, yeah. 

He hasn’t sold out yet so could be an awkward half empty park!

I genuinely didn’t expect the 1975 to sell it out so fast, was almost considering waiting until the next batch of acts were added before getting tickets. 

4 minutes ago, becca_ said:

He hasn’t sold out yet so could be an awkward half empty park!

It would never happen, but for my dull number-crunching mind, would love to have a live tracker of sales for festivals and gigs. Trying to find attendance figures can be a needle in a haystack sometimes.

It would never happen, but for my dull number-crunching mind, would love to have a live tracker of sales for festivals and gigs. Trying to find attendance figures can be a needle in a haystack sometimes.

Totally agree - would love to know how many tickets are left. I wonder if he brought idles as an exclusive in months after initial onsale to try and boost sales (to no avail). 

26 minutes ago, becca_ said:

Totally agree - would love to know how many tickets are left. I wonder if he brought idles as an exclusive in months after initial onsale to try and boost sales (to no avail). 

At a pinch, I'd have said Jamie T with an undercard could shift 40,000, but it would have to be a terrific bill. Know he sold out Alexandra Palace but that's, what, 10,000?