LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

6 minutes ago, p.pete said:

If they could do that every year I'd be delighted - it would push tickets towards the more dedicated - let all the announcements be about the map, ETC and green & charity initiatives.  An absolute frenzy on here too!  Then drop the lineup Monday morning after the resale.

I know they need to sell out to achieve the things they do, and despite what we think they are in competition with other festivals, especially this year.  Just a dream 🙂 

I'd love it.

Maybe don't even bother.

It'll sell out anyway.

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Is this confirmation the Spider is returning??

image.thumb.png.ebed0c8e56d59df9f1b2627cf4e4bb4f.png

Just posted this in the arcadia thread - we'll find out by 5pm i guess when the auctions have all gone up! Could very easily be a mistake i think

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I'd love it.

Maybe don't even bother.

It'll sell out anyway.

haha, no lineup at all?  I'd love this too, it would definitely create more publicity for the festival than actually releasing a lineup does.  [obvs yes, leaks and social media would totally fuck this up]

Would the lineup be included in the magazine when you arrive, at the start of each day as a poster by each stage, or just literally as the MC says please welcome... GnR on stage? 

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

haha, no lineup at all?  I'd love this too, it would definitely create more publicity for the festival than actually releasing a lineup does.  [obvs yes, leaks and social media would totally fuck this up]

Would the lineup be included in the magazine when you arrive, at the start of each day as a poster by each stage, or just literally as the MC says please welcome... GnR on stage? 

Up until somewhere in the mid 2000 - 2010 period I rarely had much idea of the line-up until I got there. Have arrived at plenty without any idea at all.

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

that bloody Emily with her soon statements 😞 

Yeah, the term "soon" is subjective, but in the context of the festival being in June and her statement being made in December(?), I think that time might have expired...

No problem though. News will come when it does.

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, the term "soon" is subjective, but in the context of the festival being in June and her statement being made in December(?), I think that time might have expired...

No problem though. News will come when it does.

And this place will erupt … fun times ahead 🙂 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:02 PM, Skip997 said:

Up until somewhere in the mid 2000 - 2010 period I rarely had much idea of the line-up until I got there. Have arrived at plenty without any idea at all.

I bet there’s a few of the current generation who wouldn’t believe you if you told them that in 2002 the Saturday headliner wasn’t announced before gates opened… it was a fairly open secret on here (because they were meant to be R&L exclusive?) but anyone who wasn’t clued in wouldn’t have known it was Stereophonics until they got on site and opened their programme.

5 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I bet there’s a few of the current generation who wouldn’t believe you if you told them that in 2002 the Saturday headliner wasn’t announced before gates opened… it was a fairly open secret on here (because they were meant to be R&L exclusive?) but anyone who wasn’t clued in wouldn’t have known it was Stereophonics until they got on site and opened their programme.

Those 2002 announcements in full...

24 January (Thu): Licence granted after hearing
22 February (Fri): Tickets on sale - Sold out after 25 days
19 June (Wed): Lineup leaked by Guardian, full lineup minus 1 headliner
26 June (Wed): Stereophonics

Simpler times.

Compare that to 2022:

04 October 2021 (Mon): Billie Eilish 
09 November 2021 (Tue): Diana Ross
24 January (Mon): R.A.E. confirmed as part of the Emerging Talent Competition announcement
02 February (Wed): Little Simz announced by Emily Eavis in Radio One interview
04 March (08:30 Fri): First Line-up Poster - 89 names
7 March (Mon): Balance Deadline Day
24 March (Thu): Coach Resale
27 March (Sun): General Resale
12 April (Tue): Avalon
22 April (Fri): Silver Hayes
25 April (Mon): Glasto Latino 
26 April (Tue): Theatre & Circus
27 April (Wed): Arcadia
03 May (Tue): LeftField
04 May (Wed): Shangri-La
04 May (Wed): New Map
06 May (Fri): The Common
11 May (Wed): The Glade
12 May (Thu): Acoustic
13 May (Fri): Croissant Neuf
16 May (Mon): Kidz Field
19 May (Thu): The Park
20 May (Fri): Unfairground
24 May (Tue): West Holts
25 May (Wed): Cineramageddon
27 May (Fri): Block 9
30 May (Mon 10:55): Full Line-up including days and times

------------------------------------------------------
Smaller stage announcements/posters not on Official Site:
1 June (Wed): Truth 
2 June (Thu): Toad Hall
8 June (Wed): Avalon Cafe (tweeted on 8th, deleted and retweeted on 9th)
9 June (Thu): Gas Tower
9 June (Thu): Science Futures
13 June (Mon): Platform 23
13 June (Mon): Green Futures
13 June (Mon): Speakers Forum
------------------------------------------------------
Stages already announced as part of the full lineup but received individual posters announced by the official account:
31 May (Tue): Block 9
1 June (Wed): San Remo 
1 June (Wed): Pilton Palais
2 June (Thu): William's Green 
6 June (Mon): John Peel Stage
7 June (Tue): Glastonbury-on-Sea
8 June (Wed): Greenpeace
13 June (Mon): Babylon Uprising
15 June (Wed): Stonebridge Bar

Edited by Gnomicide

I love the current drip feed way of doing it, discovered quite a few acts through that way. It can still happen now but finding out months later that that new act you've discovered and loved were playing while you were scratching your arse in the circus fields... not good.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I love the current drip feed way of doing it, discovered quite a few acts through that way. It can still happen now but finding out months later that that new act you've discovered and loved were playing while you were scratching your arse in the circus fields... not good.

We're still on course for that though, right?  First lineup sometime before the payment deadline, and then the dripfeed of stage lineups from april onwards.  Getting a legend announcement now isn't going to going to give you someone new to explore.  The other side of the drip-feed is bands self-confirming themselves - that does seem to be really slow at the moment - if that's more what you meant?