LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Was it aye?

IMG_9571.jpeg

these forums and other things continually show me that there's plenty of people with poor musical tastes.

I yet again feel the need to reiterate some basic facts:

If Glastonbury released the first poster today (or indeed any time up to and including Thursday), it'd still be the earliest* that they had *ever* done so.

If Glastonbury waited until March 26th to release the first poster, it'd still be within the top 5 earliest** ever - one of those being 2020, which for me isn't a good indicator as they likely rushed it out early due to covid.

*relative to the festival
**both relative to the festival and in absolute terms.

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

If Emily or any of the team choose to google stuff like this forum they will probably be laughing at us and keep it going. 

I'd 100% do that, if I was in their position. But then I shouldn't be let loose near something like that.

I believe that it's been confirmed previously that Emily and/or GFL have at least an awareness of this place and what's said, though I don't know whether that means frequent/ongoing monitoring.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd 100% do that, if I was in their position. But then I shouldn't be let loose near something like that.

I believe that it's been confirmed previously that Emily and/or GFL have at least an awareness of this place and what's said, though I don't know whether that means frequent/ongoing monitoring.

yes its fairly frequent 

31 minutes ago, incident said:

I yet again feel the need to reiterate some basic facts:

If Glastonbury released the first poster today (or indeed any time up to and including Thursday), it'd still be the earliest* that they had *ever* done so.

If Glastonbury waited until March 26th to release the first poster, it'd still be within the top 5 earliest** ever - one of those being 2020, which for me isn't a good indicator as they likely rushed it out early due to covid.

*relative to the festival
**both relative to the festival and in absolute terms.

1st poster 2023 was one year ago today.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-2023-line-up-so-far/

19 minutes ago, incident said:

In absolute terms, not relative to the festival.

That makes only a very tiny amount of difference. The festival is always held during the same time period in the year, with maybe absolute max of 10 days change in terms of the actual date.

Also just checked the Thingy and although you’re right that the lineup poster dropping now would be the earliest since 2000, there’s only been 5 out of the past 20 festivals where no information (e.g. at least one headliner) has been announced by the start of March. I can understand why people are itching for something to drop.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

That makes only a very tiny amount of difference. The festival is always held during the same time period in the year, with maybe absolute max of 10 days change in terms of the actual date.

Yep there's only a small difference - that's why I was quite precise (and accurate) with what I said.

My basic point is that it's far too early to be getting impatient. You'll only end up frustrating yourself if it ends up being another 4 weeks (I don't think it'll be that long, but it can't be ruled out - especially if they're trying to fill a vacant headline spot).

I'm reasonably confident that we'll get a small number of names on Thursday when Emily is at Oxford (she has history of dropping names at things like that), so hopefully that'll keep people going for a bit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, incident said:

Yep there's only a small difference - that's why I was quite precise (and accurate) with what I said.

My basic point is that it's far too early to be getting impatient. You'll only end up frustrating yourself if it ends up being another 4 weeks (I don't think it'll be that long, but it can't be ruled out - especially if they're trying to fill a vacant headline spot).

I'm reasonably confident that we'll get a small number of names on Thursday when Emily is at Oxford (she has history of dropping names at things like that), so hopefully that'll keep people going for a bit.

I agree. A raft of strong female acts announced as a teaser to support International Women's Day makes so much sense. I'm not sure whether the Oxford Uni thing is a Q&A, but if it is, I'm guaranteeing that at least one of the Qs is going to be lineup related. I'll be amazed if we get to the end of next week without at least one significant name.

I heard this week that someone involved with one of the acts that are playing has no idea when the line-up is coming out. Basically if the act knows, they will know.

Now given they all have that "I'm/We're Playing Glastonbury" gif ready to go, and we know Avalanches had it at least 12 hours early as they tweeted it early from the wrong time-zone, I'd say it ain't coming tomorrow. 

I'm sticking with my prediction of 8am Tuesday*.

*until 08:01 Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I heard this week that someone involved with one of the acts that are playing has no idea when the line-up is coming out. Basically if the act knows, they will know.

Now given they all have that "I'm/We're Playing Glastonbury" gif ready to go, and we know Avalanches had it at least 12 hours early as they tweeted it early from the wrong time-zone, I'd say it ain't coming tomorrow. 

I'm sticking with my prediction of 8am Tuesday*.

*until 08:01 Tuesday.

Unless they aren’t on the first poster 

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now given they all have that "I'm/We're Playing Glastonbury" gif ready to go

Just to clarify - are you saying that the act in question has already been provided with a copy of this years gif?

Or just talking in more general terms that they'll have it before the lineup comes out?