Cheap Tickets / Seatfiller links Thread

gfa

Just now, stuie said:

Yes, another great venue for the area... went there for Homoelectric pride after party and Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) last year and LTJ Bukem earlier this year.  I don't know how old you are but it used to be one of my regular haunts back when it was Franks nightclub (I'm old lol) 

Also old! But I grew up in Manchester. My husband is from Kent so that’s why we’re here.

FIS is a great little venue and the guys who run it are bring some really interesting talent to the area. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes, another great venue for the area... went there for Homoelectric pride after party and Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) last year and LTJ Bukem earlier this year.  I don't know how old you are but it used to be one of my regular haunts back when it was Franks nightclub (I'm old lol) 

Woah, now, it's where Franks was? (I haven't been back to Cliftonville in an age, like I said, I was abroad for 25 years). That's Faith in Strangers? Dear God, somebody managed to prise it away from the Thorleys? You'll be telling me next that the Caprice Club has been rehabilitated and is now a venue for minimalist techno.

That drumsheads hot chip orbital link showing sold out again (was yesterday when i was checking)

I got a pair of freebies earlier and my mate managed to sell our pair back on twickets that he only bought got a couple days ago for a small loss 

So all good in the end,  we were gonna go either way and looks a cracking event. 

Cheers for the heads up for these.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Woah, now, it's where Franks was? (I haven't been back to Cliftonville in an age, like I said, I was abroad for 25 years). That's Faith in Strangers? Dear God, somebody managed to prise it away from the Thorleys? You'll be telling me next that the Caprice Club has been rehabilitated and is now a venue for minimalist techno.

Yes, Franks was empty for several years before FIS opened, originally as a workspace with a bar in the evening.

Thorley senior has now died but they moved to pub with grub and restaurants some time before his passing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to win something from LadbrokesLive, used my 6 free plays for my birthday today to good effect and bagged 2x tickets for Madness at the O2 in London in December. Should be (the house of) fun!

I think some other guys from here have won in the past, what’s the experience like from their box?

24 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I finally managed to win something from LadbrokesLive, used my 6 free plays for my birthday today to good effect and bagged 2x tickets for Madness at the O2 in London in December. Should be (the house of) fun!

I think some other guys from here have won in the past, what’s the experience like from their box?

I won tickets for New Order and really enjoyed it. I’m not a massive fan of sitting at gigs, especially at arenas but the side of stage view is great and no queuing for drinks / toilets is an added bonus

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

I won tickets for New Order and really enjoyed it. I’m not a massive fan of sitting at gigs, especially at arenas but the side of stage view is great and no queuing for drinks / toilets is an added bonus

no queues? Is there a dedicated bar for the box then, also toilets? Sounds good to me. My partner's bladder is the size of a pea, so that will be quite helpful.

55 minutes ago, antonylast said:

No tickets/links to share, but having just stumbled across this thread I wanted to wave ‘hello’ at @Mardy@Phoenix Girl and @stuie from a little further north in Westgate-on-Sea (we moved here about a year ago)…

Hey @antonylast welcome! 

Quite a few us here from the South East corner now! 

(not that South East corner!! 🙂 )

Any of you going to see Dutty Moonshine Big Band @ Olby's Margate on 17th?  I can't wait for that! 

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

no queues? Is there a dedicated bar for the box then, also toilets? Sounds good to me. My partner's bladder is the size of a pea, so that will be quite helpful.

Boxes in the same section share access to a bar / toilets and both were quiet. Your box also has a tablet where you can order your drinks and they are brought to you in the box.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

Boxes in the same section share access to a bar / toilets and both were quiet. Your box also has a tablet where you can order your drinks and they are brought to you in the box.

perfect. Sounds good.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, snoochie1981 said:

SFF has £17.50 tickets for Van Morrison’s Shepherds Bush Empire album launch gigs next week.

SFF pricing seems to be shifting away from it’s original v cheap 

often artists offer semi cheap tickets to them for bigger shows - seen as better than nothing i guess for SFF to put them on their site

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 8:13 AM, Dronx said:

Does anyone know of Disney on ice tickets for Sheffield are on please? The wife’s a nurse but not registered yet. 

I've not seen any yet this year on Tickets for Good. However, worth signing up in advance as they go pretty quickly. You just need to register your work email.

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, snoochie1981 said:

Sign up for an account at Ladbrokes Live. This link is a referral from my account, using it will take you to the right page https://www.ladbrokeslive.co.uk/register?referral=582BA83F

There still looks to be tickets available   for Muse 

Depeche Mode and BMTH @ O2 Aream have been added to Ladbrokes Live