Live Music Night Life

K2SO

14 minutes ago, ringRiff said:

Second the karaoke!

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Always think about karaoke. I swear first time I went, on the way to the ribbon tower coming from Park Home Ground, there was a bar on the left doing karaoke and it was awesome. Not sure I've seen it anywhere else since 

9 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Up for karaoke 

Okay so if there's no official karaoke on site shall we organise somewhere to do a pop-up karaoke session? 😂

Each to their own, and I'm sorry, but karaoke is what they probably play in hell. Worse than lift/hold muzak. At least that's usually in time and in tune.

To (mis)quote Al Murray as Pub Landlord, "There's a whole load of people who need to be sat down and told, 'Look. You. Just. Can't. Fucking. Sing'.".

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

They should defo do a karaoke with a live band providing the backing. 

That would be preferable. Still be loads of deluded caterwauls inflicting themselves on everyone though.

Kamikaze Karaoke in Shangri was a right laugh, had some great nights in there but not seen since 2013? Vodka Jellies Karaoke with s live band in Avalon Cafe is superb but again, don't know if it's there any more. It's the same band that backed Michael when I've seen him and also does Sladest.

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Is there anywhere at the festival, post-headliners that showcases live music/bands? I feel like pretty much everything is DJs and electronic music after midnight.

Most of the Green Fields stages go at least a couple of hours past midnight - oh, and Strummerville. 

Crows Best for acousticy type stuff.   Occasionally known bands down for a jam. 

But yeah, Rocket Lounge. Catch the Trojans if you can. Last time I saw them there they were definitely one of my all time ‘you had to be there’ Glastonbury moments. 

5 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve been looking for the right stage to launch my beautiful rendition of Heart - Alone, and I think a karaoke tent at Glastonbury is the right place yknow 

This was meant to be an upvote as I love this song! Damn finger slipped ! Sorry mate! Owe you a pint at the Oxfam meet on Monday night now 😂

2 hours ago, blue6field said:

This was meant to be an upvote as I love this song! Damn finger slipped ! Sorry mate! Owe you a pint at the Oxfam meet on Monday night now 😂

🤣 I don’t mind the downvote, you’ve clearly heard me singing in the shower