Football 2022/23

charlierc

On 7/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, The Nal said:

Can't blame Ronaldo can you. He'd ace it at Bayern.

Sure buddy

For him Europa League was never an option. Can't blame him. Despite the poor performance, now the players want the manager to change his style. I don't understand the audacity of the players. Their attitude need to change. If they can't play the way the manager want them to, they can leave. I fear that the players will let the manager down. 

We are now a fun club. Players are the one who should shoulder the responsibility of loses. 

I know transfer fees have gone up so much recently that this probably isn't worth mentioning.

However, seeing that Forest have actually agreed to waste £44.5 million on a player as bang average as Gibbs-White is a clear sign of having more money than sense. Especially when there's a lot more better options for cheaper or a little bit extra. 

It's as though they've gone completely insane.

Although thinking about it, I probably should've waited until after we play them next week before I said this 🤷‍♀️

when making all those buys, Forest were always going to look a bit scattergun - but some of them have been really decent sensible signings for what looks like good value (Dennis, Freuler, Kouyate) and some speculative buys (Awoyini, Lingard) are always worth a go when going into the Premier League, but this is the first thats made me think WTF? Its just so . . . . unnecessary!

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

when making all those buys, Forest were always going to look a bit scattergun - but some of them have been really decent sensible signings for what looks like good value (Dennis, Freuler, Kouyate) and some speculative buys (Awoyini, Lingard) are always worth a go when going into the Premier League, but this is the first thats made me think WTF? Its just so . . . . unnecessary!

lingard is always worth a punt if you're also in the market for some overpriced naff clothing.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, DareToDibble said:

The latest Ronaldo statement is bizarre. He'll let the fans know in a couple of weeks what's been going on? Basically waiting until the transfer window closes and he knows where he'll be playing before he decides what statement he wants to put out. Him and United are as bad as each other.

The sheer ego of Cristiano throughout this period has been insane. There are many red flags that would put off a club with ambitions of winning the Champions League with signing him, but he really is just acting like he's bigger than the club, which is bold comments for someone who just isn't the same player he was when he left Real Madrid.

4 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

I know transfer fees have gone up so much recently that this probably isn't worth mentioning.

However, seeing that Forest have actually agreed to waste £44.5 million on a player as bang average as Gibbs-White is a clear sign of having more money than sense. Especially when there's a lot more better options for cheaper or a little bit extra. 

Although thinking about it, I probably should've waited until after we play them next week before I said this 🤷‍♀️

It is quite something anyway to spend a newly promoted club spending over £100million on new recruits, but spending £150million on transfer fees - more than everyone except Chelsea and Arsenal - to replace their entire squad is crazy.

I know they would have needed to invest given loan players, a departing goalkeeper and the need to find some PL-level players, and some of their buys are indeed very good. But this does feel like madness and if they go down, would require another total revamp of similar scale to mitigate the hard landing.

9 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

Apparently Gibbs White is half that and the 44.5 is only if unlikely add ons are met.

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Apparently Gibbs White is half that and the 44.5 is only if unlikely add ons are met.

Half of it is still too much. 

Not that it matters too much, the Greek lad is surely just money laundering so won’t care he’s paying over the odds. 

Wolves don’t care, they’ve replaced MGW with a player infinitely better for a similar amount of money - another thoroughly dodgy Mendes recruit. 

Football stinks - but what’s new…

3 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Half of it is still too much. 

Not that it matters too much, the Greek lad is surely just money laundering so won’t care he’s paying over the odds. 

Wolves don’t care, they’ve replaced MGW with a player infinitely better for a similar amount of money - another thoroughly dodgy Mendes recruit. 

Football stinks - but what’s new…

west ham need money in the kitty, or a new kitty for training.

Seeing as we lost 4-0 at SJP and 5-0 at the Etihad to Man City last season, that was a sign of some very good progress indeed.

This may give others ideas tbf given having Walker and Cancelo play almost as additional defensive midfielders did leave a lot of flank space when we tried to run forward.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Agreed, but Trent in particular was targeted as weak link. The Liverpool squad looks lacking in depth to me. That bench yesterday looks more mid table premiership than title contenders.

Agreed, although a lot of injuries at the moment that would change how it looks massively.

2nd choice GK
1st & 2nd choice partners for Van Dijk, Matip and Konate.
1 choice CM in Thiago as well as some other decent backups in Keita and Ox.
2 attackers - Jota who is injured and Nunez who decided to nut someone.

With those back in the fold we will start to look stronger again.

I really don't think Klopp etc can deny any longer the need to bring in a midfielder this summer rather than waiting a year for our preferred choice in Bellingham. With the exception of Elliott and Carvalho we have a lot of midfielders over (or very close to) 30.

Have a feeling this year may need to be a transition season.

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Agreed, although a lot of injuries at the moment that would change how it looks massively.

2nd choice GK
1st & 2nd choice partners for Van Dijk, Matip and Konate.
1 choice CM in Thiago as well as some other decent backups in Keita and Ox.
2 attackers - Jota who is injured and Nunez who decided to nut someone.

With those back in the fold we will start to look stronger again.

I really don't think Klopp etc can deny any longer the need to bring in a midfielder this summer rather than waiting a year for our preferred choice in Bellingham. With the exception of Elliott and Carvalho we have a lot of midfielders over (or very close to) 30.

Have a feeling this year may need to be a transition season.

Been all over the place tbh. Good in the CS, then shite, then shite but good with 10 men and mainly shite last night.  

Few tricky ones coming up. Bournmouth, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves, Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal, City. League could be over by mid October. 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Been all over the place tbh. Good in the CS, then shite, then shite but good with 10 men and mainly shite last night.  

Few tricky ones coming up. Bournmouth, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves, Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal, City. League could be over by mid October. 

I don't think we will be anywhere near City this year personally. This might be one of the most 1 horse races we've seen in years. Premier League is slowly getting more like Bundesliga with 1 team winning it year in year out.

I expect there will be an absolute thumping for someone from LFC soon, letting out their frustrations, but I don't think we are capable of stringing a huge run of results together this year like we have done previously.