The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, PolygonWindow said:

That’s subsided a tad in the evenings run, especially over Glasto!

B4317DA2-800F-4E24-9D65-C57DC4F6B30B.jpeg

Yep, similar picture with the 12Z too... This afternoon's run was loads better... I can't see them being too bothered by 10mm between now and the 15th 🙂 

ECMOPUK12_240_18.png.b387513d723613f76d841145553108ec.png

precip.webp.8c304a9402d919c136b5489359f64105.webp

P.s, where are you getting the evening run from? All of the sites I use are still processing it??? Or did you mean the afternoon's run? It does look very similar. 

18z is giving us a dry setup day with temps of 21 -23, and a patch of high that is growing over the UK. Awkward looking low to the southwest of us seems to be moving away. 

h500slp.png.d3ec270cdf2e1846f66c121c65debc8a.pngukmaxtemp.png.5391c4c0c185cbf43aed21f0e38717be.pngukprec.png.ea877339302d82120d7fc2fa631630e7.png

Build looks decently dry. Some rain on the 10th, nothing to write home about, with risk of showers up to the 17th... No problems at all really, dust damper... 

10th is the worst day

ukprec.webp.b23036273f2821e7319d35350c118aa9.webp

6 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm a bit confused at these people thinking 24c is a heatwave and too hot... maybe you should all go skiing instead 

Im confused at people who cant handle it if it rains & have to "shelter" from rain.

I went skiiing once & got sunburnt. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im confused at people who cant handle it if it rains & have to "shelter" from rain.

The irony of someone who absolutely hates the sun going to somewhere really cold to escape it only to get sunburnt is not lost on me 😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The irony of someone who absolutely hates the sun going to somewhere really cold to escape it only to get sunburnt is not lost on me 😂

I was about 14. Never again.

I havent been on holiday to anywhere "hot" for 12 years, barring my mates wedding in Ibiza. They were having an uncharacteristicly mild spell at the time too.

My holidays have been trips to Milan, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Frankfurt, Amsterdam... but all in Winter to watch football & to see some sights. No sunbathing! I do find heat here much worse than abroad though. 23 in Spain isnt as bad as 23 here. Here feels horrendous.

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Metcheck still holding steady although might still be a bit too hot for the tennis ball. 

IMG_1741.thumb.jpeg.4f99673507b5380381f37f5b36fa347b.jpeg

I could cope with this but it is indeed quite chilly. You might need some pretty big PJs and a hat for the tent at night with that!! 

Would still 100% take it over a 30+ degree sweat-a-thon or a mudbath

Edited by Sasperella2

46 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Same as me ....I bought all warm stuff to wear but it was really hot up Chamonix and ended up just wearing t-shirts 🤣 it was in march though so right at the end of the season 

35 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Same as me ....I bought all warm stuff to wear but it was really hot up Chamonix and ended up just wearing t-shirts 🤣 it was in march though so right at the end of the season 

You should try Sierra Nevada in Spain.  Never been to a warmer sunnier mountain (with enough snow)!

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with you people???

1. Low-mid twenties is NOT "hot".
  2. Rain is NOT a good thing.  It makes mud.  Mud = bad and makes it difficult 24/7.
  3. Sunshine is good.  It gives you vitamin D and makes you happy.

All you lot with your "keeps the dust down" and "I melt even in the shade" can get the f**king f**k out of here and f**king f**k off.

End of sermon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

You should try Sierra Nevada in Spain.  Never been to a warmer sunnier mountain (with enough snow)!

LOVE Sierra Nevada.  Cycled there a few times.  Riding from Pico de Veleta to the beach in a day is a fantastic experience.

And guess what?  It was high 20's, I was exercising in the sunshine and I DIDN'T DIE.