The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

7 minutes ago, Evilredzebra said:

Local (London) forecast has changed overnight from relentless rain to showers and mostly sunny and warm. I'm feeling more positive now. A bit of rain is fine, 2019 was too hot, but I am still hoping for the best!

WTF !!! No! No rain is acceptable at any time. Don’t give it a chance. 

NFCNFR

2010 All over again. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Right, hot off the press, the ECMWF latest forecast for the week of the festival is out this evening. And the verdict…?

Time to crack open a cold tinny…warm or hot week expected!

IMG_4048.thumb.jpeg.524dbb675df3473d4b5434187f965019.jpeg

But hold your horses just yet… Close to or slightly above average rainfall for the week:

IMG_4046.thumb.jpeg.154ecc54483ad16db8deff8d7318bacc.jpeg

Sounds like we’re in for a mixed bag, but warm sunny weather…at least some of the time…

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Right, hot off the press, the ECMWF latest forecast for the week of the festival is out this evening. And the verdict…?

But hold your horses just yet… Close to or slightly above average rainfall for the week:

Sounds like we’re in for a mixed bag, but warm sunny weather…at least some of the time…

TOO EARLY!

11 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Unnaceptable 😉 Try again and come back with no rain at all!

2010 All Over Again (Scorrcio) 🔥

• Upvote 1

Scanning some pointless long term forecasts today, anybody look at them all, Metcheck, Accuweather, Weather25 etc and convince yourself that the best outlook is the most accurate 🤣. However, for what it’s worth they all look good as of now. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

12 minutes ago, ___DGH___ said:

Scanning some pointless long term forecasts today, anybody look at them all, Metcheck, Accuweather, Weather25 etc and convince yourself that the best outlook is the most accurate 🤣. However, for what it’s worth they all look good as of now. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

Yep, the best one is the right one 🌞 

11 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

I'm not even going this year but I'm following the thread with fascination. I was there in 2016 and I have to say I hated it. 

I am a fair weather festival guy. Fingers crossed for you lot. 

And it wasn't even that bad in the overall history of Glastonbury "washouts"

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Can I get a fiver for every person who says "it's not worth looking at it until nearer the time / none of it means anything this far out" etc...

(you're missing the point of The Weather Thread...) *insert roller coaster emoji*

Correct, traditionally the weather thread is one of the best for generating polarising opinions, highs and lows, technical data more complex than NASA would use and generally a good laugh! 

3 hours ago, ___DGH___ said:

Scanning some pointless long term forecasts today, anybody look at them all, Metcheck, Accuweather, Weather25 etc and convince yourself that the best outlook is the most accurate 🤣. However, for what it’s worth they all look good as of now. Azure Fingers crossed it stays like that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ___DGH___ said:

Dunno about weather 25 but beyond a certain point the others don't even forecast, they just show you the average weather for that time of year. Way too early to be looking at them until week before at the earliest. 

@Bike_Like_A_Mum I'll have to owe you that fiver if that's ok, bit skint. 😕 

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Dunno about weather 25 but beyond a certain point the others don't even forecast, they just show you the average weather for that time of year. Way too early to be looking at them until week before at the earliest. 

@Bike_Like_A_Mum I'll have to owe you that fiver if that's ok, bit skint. 😕 

Yeh that's fine...we can let it build up 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

And it wasn't even that bad in the overall history of Glastonbury "washouts"

Yeah the weather was actually pretty good during the festival, a few showers but that was it 👍

• Upvote 1