Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

28 minutes ago, Limonado said:

Hello

How’s the situation for VIP tickets? Do we have access to the front of the stages?

no it’s like old primavera. along the side. and maybe a little worse as the other vip bit (not in mordor) no longer looks at the stage. 

you get fast access to auditori too but there have been no queues whatsoever so that hasn’t really been a bonus  

a mate has one and said it wasn’t worth it this year really.

im not a vip so can’t comment 100% mind

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kitkat129 said:

Just checking in to say that Alvvays was a top 3 set of the weekend for me, crowd was great as well

Makes so happy to see that everyone seems to have a wonderful time so far seeing all kinds of different sets.

Kendrick was godtier.

• Like 1

Some really really really great sets this year.

I get some people were all poo poo on the line-up but there is more than enough variety and everyone here is happy with a few things, so it’s just great vibes everywhere on the site!

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

no it’s like old primavera. along the side. and maybe a little worse as the other vip bit (not in mordor) no longer looks at the stage. 

There is a new VIP overlooking the Amazon stage, the platform thing. It is quite good. It comes in addition to the old grassy part. There is also a new VIP on the right hand side of Mordor, in addition to the left hand side as in old days. Those are good hang out places if you're with friends who is also having them, with a little cheaper beer, ipas etc, but not really worth it money wise. I would have had equally good fun without it, though not if my friends had it and I not... 

Feels like everything on the site is a step up from last year. More bars and staff, more food trucks, better use of space, more of everything except the crowds. I've had a great time so far.

Edited by puckno
  • Thanks 1

Best set for me today was Unwound. Yves Tumor, Alvvays and Karate also good. 

Seems like more variety in sound this year compared to before. Cupra stage had very quiet sound level all day from what I could tell (the Delgados, Bad Religion and Yves Tumor). Yves Tumor crowd complained enough for them to turn it up and improved a lot for last few songs. Havent seen a full set at Amazon so far but always seemed quite loud when I passed by. Unwound was one of the first outdoors shows I have ever had to use ear plugs. 

8 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

you get fast access to auditori too but there have been no queues whatsoever so that hasn’t really been a bonus  

a mate has one and said it wasn’t worth it this year really.

im not a vip so can’t comment 100% mind

Thanks

no more VIP for me next year

Well, it's official, 2022 really was just a hiccup.

Everything works like a well oiled machine, my only concern is cherry-picking from the exquisite line-up.

This is the Primavera I fell in love with in 2017 and as for the missing magic, I can't really tell, since the original magic was long lost by 2017 (as I understand), but for me, it really was magical yesterday:

- one of The Beths asking people on the boat that was just passing by to close their eyes if they hadn't bought the tickets

- on my way from Nation of Language (they were brilliant btw., I prematurely thought they would be the set of the day) to Fred Again.., doing regular wine stand stop, realizing that The Wedding Present were a last minute addition (completely forgot about that), when suddenly they started to play Kennedy (I longed for this song without any luck in 2017 at Sala Apolo); perfection

- I wasn't sure if leaving Fred Again.. for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu was the right thing to do, but sure it was; this kind of group telepathic experience when everyone's clearly enjoying the set of the festival is very rare; and no, there was no chatting whatsoever.

Checking the timetable in the app now - Two Shell were moved to later slot and DJ Coco is playing shorter set, so it looks like they created a Four Tet / Fred Again.. / Skrillex shaped hole at Cupra at 2 a.m... Or not.

I don't really care at this point, I would just like to know, if all of this (booking all three of them, for the exact same day, putting their names on the poster next to each other) was achieved purely by chance or if it was some kind of REALLY elaborate trolling. 

54 minutes ago, pipan said:

Checking the timetable in the app now - Two Shell were moved to later slot and DJ Coco is playing shorter set, so it looks like they created a Four Tet / Fred Again.. / Skrillex shaped hole at Cupra at 2 a.m... Or not.

I don't really care at this point, I would just like to know, if all of this (booking all three of them, for the exact same day, putting their names on the poster next to each other) was achieved purely by chance or if it was some kind of REALLY elaborate trolling. 

You hyped me but skrillex is in Italy tonight 

2 hours ago, pipan said:

I wasn't sure if leaving Fred Again.. for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu was the right thing to do, but sure it was; this kind of group telepathic experience when everyone's clearly enjoying the set of the festival is very rare; and no, there was no chatting whatsoever.

I skipped both Fred and Yves Tumor just to be able to catch Kyary's set, I can say that it was absolutely well worth it, easily the most entertaining show I have ever seen at Primavera!

2 hours ago, pipan said:

It is very strange indeed, Rosalia plays in that time slot, I would not appreciate if they created another clash. If they want to add a surprise set, I'd prefer it would be during Calvin/Maneskin...

• Upvote 1