Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

29 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Just had my second tickets for two ciudad gigs refunded for no reason and now it’s not letting me get an extra one for my pals.

It's really strange, but I've checked the app now and tickets for some of the shows that were already sold out are again available (Pet Shop Boys, Japanese Breakfast). So I've corrected my mistake and reserved Japanese Breakfast right away. Let's see what happens next.

Edited by pipan

31 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Just had my second tickets for two ciudad gigs refunded for no reason and now it’s not letting me get an extra one for my pals.

Yeah I tweeted them to ask about this and you can only get one ticket per person for the Ciutat gigs. They really should have made that clearer.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Quite likely this will be the only chance for the rest of your life to see AV and Blur so quite an easy call. 

While there remain four living members of Blur, the chance to see the four living members of Blur remains! 

2029 or whenever. 

46 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Yeah I tweeted them to ask about this and you can only get one ticket per person for the Ciutat gigs. They really should have made that clearer.

Yeah I got the same answer. Weird that it let me get two in the first place, just gotta hope my pals actually manage to get tickets now. Quite annoying.

My tickets got returned as well, even if i have 2 festival tickets under my name.

Very problematic system finally. And they didnt communicate the limitations clearly.

They force me to cancel the remaining tickets as well, since i dont want to go alone.

Edited by cortomaltese

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ditto.

It's my favourite stage...and the fewest acts I want to see.

I think I am going to see Yves tumor just to see something at cupra. However, last year they put too big artist there. I felt it could be dangerous in case something went wrong 

I am interested in understanding the reasoning behind that horrible scheduling involving maneskin and Calvin harris. It’s obviously done on purpose but what did they want to achieve? They made both commercial music fans and classic audience angry … and i don’t think it’s gonna work very good for crowd control, given the few alternatives 

Any other VIP ticket holders less than thrilled about the lack of VIP perks? 

For something they are selling for 525 euro, it seems they are taking advantage of people blindly buying VIP for the status. 

I attended Primavera about 5 years ago and it was well worth VIP. Now, that is definitely not the case. I sent an email in about this and although it's unlikely to do anything, would recommend others that feel the same way to do the same. It's on me for not doing my due diligence before buying, but I expected more from Primavera. 

Edited by Festbo1231289

Not going this year but had a look at the scheduling and damn, some absolute shiter clashes - like must sees vs other must sees - and then that Calvin/Maneskin/fuck all few hours is just terrible organisation on their part. Obviously still gonna be an insanely good time all round, but certainly several elements that would leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth if I was going (or at least right up until I was there when I’d inevitably be having too good a time). 

25 minutes ago, Festbo1231289 said:

Any other VIP ticket holders less than thrilled about the lack of VIP perks? 

For something they are selling for 525 euro, it seems they are taking advantage of people blindly buying VIP for the status. 

I attended Primavera about 5 years ago and it was well worth VIP. Now, that is definitely not the case. I sent an email in about this and although it's unlikely to do anything, would recommend others that feel the same way to do the same. It's on me for not doing my due diligence before buying, but I expected more from Primavera. 

Definitely felt ripped off last year. Then bought VIP again this year because they communicated that there would be an area near the front of Mordor, which they did not follow through on. I appreciated the early access for the ciuat tickets but that appears to be not much of a perk as a GA ticket holder could have gotten any of them with a little effort. 

30 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Definitely felt ripped off last year. Then bought VIP again this year because they communicated that there would be an area near the front of Mordor, which they did not follow through on. I appreciated the early access for the ciuat tickets but that appears to be not much of a perk as a GA ticket holder could have gotten any of them with a little effort. 

There will be priority access to Auditori too and some other things (cheaper drinks etc) but totally agree the value has gone from excellent to poor in just a couple of editions.

Incidentally no pre-booking needed for any Auditori shows in BCN this year.

Edited by xxialac

1 hour ago, pipan said:

New Sparks song is an absolute earworm, so glad they're not clashing with anyone.

They do, with Shellac and Karate.

Not too happy with the schedule, I'm interested in the smaller bands which are almost all playing 19-23h.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

There will be priority access to Auditori too and some other things (cheaper drinks etc) but totally agree the value has gone from excellent to poor in just a couple of editions.

Incidentally no pre-booking needed for any Auditori shows in BCN this year.

Are you sure about the  Auditori prebooking?

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They don’t, those bands are one after another. Think you are looking at a dud Clashfinder?

It is not possible to see all three without missing songs. I don't do partial sets, but I understand some people don't care about that.

Edited by emmanuel

Just now, emmanuel said:

Well it is possible to see partial sets and leave after a few songs, but I don't do that.

The OP referred to a "clash" and a clash is two bands playing at the same time. These three bands aren't.

And Dice and Amazon Music are so close to one another (5 minutes at a push) you wouldn't need to leave 'after a few songs'.

Also bands often start a couple of minutes late/finish a couple of minutes early in my experience.

Few clashes but nothing more than expected, but the Beths at 5:15pm is mega frustrating. Thankfully there's a nice run of acts for me after them - Beth Orton / Julia Jacklin, Delgados, Garbiels - but having to arrive by 5pm does mean ill have to cut down my plans for the daytime in the city.

With Beth Orton starting same time the Beths finish, is there much chance ill be able to get in the Auditori if i stay till the end? 

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Few clashes but nothing more than expected, but the Beths at 5:15pm is mega frustrating. Thankfully there's a nice run of acts for me after them - Beth Orton / Julia Jacklin, Delgados, Garbiels - but having to arrive by 5pm does mean ill have to cut down my plans for the daytime in the city.

With Beth Orton starting same time the Beths finish, is there much chance ill be able to get in the Auditori if i stay till the end? 

Reading the comments on the various forums it seems that not many have put Beth Orton in their programs... Better for us, maybe we will be able to see her without queue at the Auditori🤞🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Admin on official forum said so. Info for Madrid equivalent already published (booking required).

Booking for Madrid on tuesday. Very nice arrive friday morning from Arganda and go to a Swans gig 13:30 😅