Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

looking to jump on this having failed to get glastonbury tickets! i had a question about the Wednesday. I went last year to Primavera but they didn't have a warm up day like they appear to this year with the Pet Shop Boys etc. What time does this usually start and finish? wondering what time i should look at flights for

55 minutes ago, Tony Zografos please said:

looking to jump on this having failed to get glastonbury tickets! i had a question about the Wednesday. I went last year to Primavera but they didn't have a warm up day like they appear to this year with the Pet Shop Boys etc. What time does this usually start and finish? wondering what time i should look at flights for

They did have a warm up day last year but it was announced last minute.

For many, many years, the Wednesday was about 4 acts and circa 5-12pm .

If I had to guess I'd say Confidence Man penultimate act at about 8.30pm, PSB at about 10pm.

OK, so apart from the obvious (Halsey, Ghost, Moldy Peaches, Bad Religion, Calvin Harris and War On Drugs) which are the THREE acts that you hope to avoid so much that it is as if they are not even there? I'll start you off with... Central Cee, Bleachers and Charlotte De Witte.

• Downvote 9

2 hours ago, Valbork said:

OK, so apart from the obvious (Halsey, Ghost, Moldy Peaches, Bad Religion, Calvin Harris and War On Drugs) which are the THREE acts that you hope to avoid so much that it is as if they are not even there? I'll start you off with... Central Cee, Bleachers and Charlotte De Witte.

Odd post. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Stuck the Coachella livestream on & the Fred Again, Skrillex, Four Tet set looks like a proper party - I know they are making up for an absent Frank Ocean, but if Primavera is anything like this then it's a must see for me

Yeah, we NEEED this at Primavera! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Valbork said:

Why would you focus on the acts that you hate? What a strange attitude to have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Valbork said:

Pretty damn hyped off that PHM Coachella stream and overly excited for Primavera so I'll bite here...

Maybe this can open up a conversation for people (including me) to have their mind changed

Honestly Halsey is the main thing that I skip immediately when it comes up in the playlists I've been listening to. I've heard it's a good live show but I'll definitely be skipping that. 

I think Ghost could be an amazing spectacle, Moldy Peaches will be adorable nostalgia, and if War on Drugs get the sunset slot on main stage again that'll be hard to beat. 

Central Cee I 100% agree. Cannot stand any of it. Plenty of more creative and original drill acts out there. 

Also just cannot believe they're giving Maneskin the time of day. They're literally playing in BCN in a week too and that latest album is one of the worst things I've ever heard. I would have thought the appetite for bands like that at Primavera was absolute 0 but that Saturday lineup is clearly trying to pull in a bigger audience. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, hypnoticorange said:

Hey—for those interested, I've added potential setlists for ~70 acts on Spotify. I'll continue to update them as we get closer to the festival. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1215609741/playlists

Hi all

I can recommend the setify.co website

With this you will get the most recent setlists for (I guess) about all acts at the festival converted to a spotify setlist

There is also an 'average setlist' function if you prefer

https://setify.co/

3 hours ago, livenstu said:

Stuck the Coachella livestream on & the Fred Again, Skrillex, Four Tet set looks like a proper party - I know they are making up for an absent Frank Ocean, but if Primavera is anything like this then it's a must see for me

it's true, a nice idea and a good show but the music is nothing special, a selection of trivial EDM tracks, imho

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The fact that they’ve put FA, FT and Skrillex next to each other and all on the same day surely means they are nailed on to play.

Hoping they play separate sets though. I like all 3 of them on their own but all 3 of them together sounds very messy. Give me a proper Four Tet and Fred Again set. 

Sorry people, I did not frame that previous post very well. I just feel that there is so much good stuff on this year that a different approach to preparing for the inevitable clashes is to think about acts that I really won't mind missing. No offence intended to any acts mentioned, I certainly don't 'hate' any of the artists.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Hoping they play separate sets though. I like all 3 of them on their own but all 3 of them together sounds very messy. Give me a proper Four Tet and Fred Again set. 

They will 100 % play each of their set, don't worry. We just hope they will do one together as a bonus.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

Can anyone recommend any bars/pubs near the festival that show football? Will be looking to watch the FA Cup final and get in to the festival immediately after.

James Joyce pub is 5 min walk from where you can get the regular tram (road you need is Meridiana) all the way to the festival. Good atmosphere.

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

James Joyce pub is 5 min walk from where you can get the regular tram (road you need is Meridiana) all the way to the festival. Good atmosphere.

Thanks. Do you know of anything closer to the festival? I ask because I'm staying in Poblenou so ideally wouldn't double back on myself heading in to the city centre, and I'd quite like to just get out of the pub and straight in to the festival at full time.