Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Those are different figures to the ones I quoted, think you are mixing up year ticket went on sale with year festival took place.

I wrote the "early bird tickets that went on sale eight years ago in 2014 were 145€" 

And that is correct - see here:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/141112b.shtml

And 145€ for early birds in 2014 to 195€ in 2022 is mostly in line with inflation (which has been wild for the last 18 months of course), a little above but not much. 

Yes, I am referring for 2014 edition (put on sale on 2013), and you are referring for 2015 edition (put on sale on 2014). We are both right 🙂

But, in my opinion, those rates prove what I am saying. We got more and less the same rates (early bird) from 2014 to 2019. And festival kept growing from 2014 to 2019 (but somehow they kept the rates controled, and very nice lineups). They are increasing rates this year above inflation (in 2022, inflation in Spain is around 8,5%). 50 € increase is not only affected by inflation, but, in my opinion, because of their lineup choices, so they can have a 80k festival, instead of 60k as in the past. Join the fact that we still have no word about Auditori, and even Bits (which I don't really care) might not return. The whole experience for regulars is not turning better.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, pipan said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/prima2023mock/

First fantasy clashfinder is here!

EDIT: but apparently not finished yet

This is great but I am confident that: 

- the run on the Friday main stage will be rather different. Skrillex will be closing after Kendrick, while it makes sense that four tet and Fred again will take top slots at cupra. Moldy preachers will headline primavera—>binance stage, together with swans maybe? 
- turnstile would make sense as binance top slot of the Thursday, hopefully clashing with Halsey. On the other hand, if Hudson mohawke is not closing cupra we need to riot. 

41 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

This is great but I am confident that: 

- the run on the Friday main stage will be rather different. Skrillex will be closing after Kendrick, while it makes sense that four tet and Fred again will take top slots at cupra. Moldy preachers will headline primavera—>binance stage, together with swans maybe? 
- turnstile would make sense as binance top slot of the Thursday, hopefully clashing with Halsey. On the other hand, if Hudson mohawke is not closing cupra we need to riot. 

Fred Again at Cupra is recipe for disaster and dangerous situations. Main Stage closer is imo the most logic position. 

13 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Fred Again at Cupra is recipe for disaster and dangerous situations. Main Stage closer is imo the most logic position. 

Agree. Maybe, if he is clashing with something really big like Kendrick or Depeche Mode, could work. Other option is to put him on Primavera Bits or a new location. Will see. It's hard to tell. Skrillex should be the more logical option to close the main stage.

Darkside at Cupra could be hell too. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

20 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Agree. Maybe, if he is clashing with something really big like Kendrick or Depeche Mode, could work. Other option is to put him on Primavera Bits or a new location. Will see. It's hard to tell. Skrillex should be the more logical option to close the main stage.

Darkside at Cupra could be hell too. 

Darkside at Cupra would probably be OK - The Smile was fine and they're much bigger. There are also plenty of potential clashes on that day to divide the crowd (Pusha T, Turnstile, NxWorries etc.) I thought Playboi Carti would be a nightmare there too and it wasn't even full (He clashed with Dua Lipa who's huge but surely not much fanbase crossover there?).

Forcing people to go to Bits by putting big sub headliners over there instead of mostly smaller electronic acts is probably the answer to the overcrowding we experienced on W1 last year, as annoying as that solution will be because it will mean missing more acts. 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, pipan said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/prima2023mock/

First fantasy clashfinder is here!

EDIT: but apparently not finished yet

Bless you my friend this is always such a great way to get hands on with the lineup. Even though this is obviously not what the final timetable will look like, what was a scramble of names is now a list of acts I want to see prioritised by colour. Really helps me get all giddy, understand which artists to get excited about, and see how much I like the lineup.

• Like 1

Very bad line up tbh

3 hours ago, EV123 said:

Skrillex will attract a bigger crowd than Fred again maybe? Also, he could play opposite to someone big such as Kendrick. 
ideal run from the crowd-management point of view would be 

Depeche mode - Kendrick - skrillex 

baby keem - Fred again - four tet 

But it’s not even enough as last year taught us. They will throw in swans or moldy peaches or some other popular act that I can’t recall from the poster (maybe bleachers?) to disperse people even more 

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Very bad line up tbh

Skrillex will attract a bigger crowd than Fred again maybe? Also, he could play opposite to someone big such as Kendrick. 
ideal run from the crowd-management point of view would be 

Depeche mode - Kendrick - skrillex 

baby keem - Fred again - four tet 

But it’s not even enough as last year taught us. They will throw in swans or moldy peaches or some other popular act that I can’t recall from the poster (maybe bleachers?) to disperse people even more 

I really don't believe that Skrillex will attract a bigger crowd than Fred Again... Skrillex was maybe hot 10 years ago, but Fred Again is really the biggest dance name out there rn. Depeche Mode - Kendrick - Fred Again on the Main would really make most sense.

2 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I really don't believe that Skrillex will attract a bigger crowd than Fred Again... Skrillex was maybe hot 10 years ago, but Fred Again is really the biggest dance name out there rn. Depeche Mode - Kendrick - Fred Again on the Main would really make most sense.

• Depeche Mode, Kendrick Lamar, Blur, Rosalía, Halsey, FKA twigs, Skrillex, Måneskin, St. Vincent, The Moldy Peaches, Calvin Harris and Le Tigre will headline the Barcelona and Madrid dates

From this official statement, it seems even the organizers consider Skrillex to be bigger than Fred Again.. My guess is Skrillex will be the last one in Mordor. And Fred Again.. probably 3 a.m. at Cupra.

Fred Again just announced as a Saturday headliner for the electric picnic festival in Ireland (Billie Eilish Friday, and Lewis capaldi is also listed for Saturday but they refer to both as headline acts on their socials), so that might be a hint as to where he is being viewed in terms of billing. At least over there. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see doing a main stage mordor slot late at night. 

Also, mad cool line up not to my taste at all either. Maybe it'll be a festival free 2023!

17 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Ok I’m definitely past it. I have never ever heard of Fred again . 

I need to get my act together.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

Darkside at Cupra would probably be OK - The Smile was fine and they're much bigger. There are also plenty of potential clashes on that day to divide the crowd (Pusha T, Turnstile, NxWorries etc.) I thought Playboi Carti would be a nightmare there too and it wasn't even full (He clashed with Dua Lipa who's huge but surely not much fanbase crossover there?).

Forcing people to go to Bits by putting big sub headliners over there instead of mostly smaller electronic acts is probably the answer to the overcrowding we experienced on W1 last year, as annoying as that solution will be because it will mean missing more acts. 

Bicep was terrible and I think Darkside are similar, that's why I am thinking that