What do you think of the UK Monarchy?

squirrelarmy

The UK Monarchy. What do you think of it?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with them?

• Keep things as they are?
    • Vive La Révolution

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

First news alert I got said it was the 5th so would have been. Bloody royals not even letting us have an extra day piss up. 

Do you and other Saturday workers get the time off?

nope .... I only get time off for bank holiday if I  use my holiday allowance .... I wont get time off for a non bank holiday ... not a chance 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a very neutral stance when it comes to the monarchy, don’t love them or hate them but right now I’m already close to the limit of how much flag shagging is going on.

I avoid social media a lot of the time anyway but I’ve completely turned it all off now. There’s only so many pictures of crocheted post box toppers that I can stomach.  🤢

Edited by squirrelarmy

That coronation was just very weird. I actually quite liked it, a surreal mix of modern multifaith stuff, loads of old school protestant shit, and weird stuff from some old world. Totally ridiculous that this is the ceremony for our new head of state, but we're a ridiculous country these days.

20 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

It's not either or though is it?

trying to get my head round either or though...

I mean, yes, we don't have to have Johnson as president...but I could just imagine populists standing to be president..someone like Johnson or Farage, our very own Trump and winning it...and presidential elections would just feed into never ending culture war shite. So, I think I'm probably about 70% republican, so he is 70% not my king.

Anyway, they're not going away any time soon. Maybe they will downgrade and become more like royals in other countries, but I doubt that too. They're kind of the only thing we're known globally for these days. They're our Hollywood and Disney. That thing yesterday was very odd, wish I hadn't watched it really..feel like I'm living in some weird masonic/disneypark cult.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...