Hospitality Tickets

donshakey

28 minutes ago, Pateen said:

Thanks NI.

Someone mentioned access to a small stage n bar areas up near the park as was. 

Anyone know anything about that?

22 minutes ago, paulshane said:

100% not anything to do with hospitality tickets i'm afraid.

There are  afew levels of Hospitality and for that you need a much higher one than the standard Hospitality tickets. Can't recall all the levels but the family next to us all had higher ones as they knew a band member of The Cure so could go almost anywhere.

23 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

There are  afew levels of Hospitality and for that you need a much higher one than the standard Hospitality tickets. Can't recall all the levels but the family next to us all had higher ones as they knew a band member of The Cure so could go almost anywhere.

I had the tiers described to me by one company I enquired with, as the following (along with their marked up prices that are above FV).

We didn't go for these as it's far too expensive for us, but honestly if you did have the money there is worse ways to spend that money. I imagine at other festivals it's far far more.  

Crew Pass - Ticket, VIP Fast Track, Hospitality camping Area, Crew Bar Access, use of shortcut (£1500)

VIP Hospitality - Ticket, Fast Track, Hospitality camping, Shortcut, Access to VIP Bar with Cocktail and Campaign bar and Entertainment, Catering Facility (£2500)

Backstage All Areas - Ticket, Fast-track, Camping Area, Short Cut, Access to VIP Bar, Catering Facility, Access to all backstage and Onstage (£3700) 

Edited by kemosabe

6 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I had the tiers described to me by one company I enquired with, as the following (along with their marked up prices that are above FV).

We didn't go for these as it's far too expensive for us, but honestly if you did have the money there is worse ways to spend that money. I imagine at other festivals it's far far more.  

Crew Pass - Ticket, VIP Fast Track, Hospitality camping Area, Crew Bar Access, use of shortcut (£1500)

VIP Hospitality - Ticket, Fast Track, Hospitality camping, Shortcut, Access to VIP Bar with Cocktail and Campaign bar and Entertainment, Catering Facility (£2500)

Backstage All Areas - Ticket, Fast-track, Camping Area, Short Cut, Access to VIP Bar, Catering Facility, Access to all backstage and Onstage (£3700) 

Some of those prices are actually 'cheap' compared to what some places charge.

If I did not have tickets I might be tempted to go for the Crew Pass at that price.

Any chance you could message me the company as we have one person ticketless this year and they might be interested.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

They're being somewhat misleading or maybe even outright lying there, as there's some obvious errors.

Firstly, the "Crew Pass" level. If it's an actual "Crew Pass", then it very much does not get you into Hospitality Camping, and most Crew wristbands in theory won't get you into Interstage (though it's easy enough to blag). If (as I suspect) they're actually selling a regular Hospitality wristband, then it does not guarantee access to Crew Bars - in theory it shouldn't, but enforcement can vary wildly by bar and even by who specifically is "on the door" - some of them will take the easy option of letting in all wristbands except Public. However some of them will take active delight in filtering out Hospitality wristbands and telling them to f**k off. The other option is that they're selling an Artist wristband - which would get you everything they say, but if it was an Artist wristband then it should be the most expensive of the lot.

VIP Hospitality - all of those "extras" they list are available to regular H wristbands (and anyone else who can easily blag it) in the Interstage area. So they're charging a premium for nothing more and hoping people pay the extra grand.

Backstage All Areas - BAA laminates do exist. But they're only for key festival staff, and if any were ever sold on then they'd be declared invalid as soon as someone tried to use them. Showing a BAA laminate in conjunction with a H wristband would be a huge red flag for any security staff or venue managers that were paying attention.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

They're being somewhat misleading or maybe even outright lying there, as there's some obvious errors.

Firstly, the "Crew Pass" level. If it's an actual "Crew Pass", then it very much does not get you into Hospitality Camping, and most Crew wristbands in theory won't get you into Interstage (though it's easy enough to blag). If (as I suspect) they're actually selling a regular Hospitality wristband, then it does not guarantee access to Crew Bars - in theory it shouldn't, but enforcement can vary wildly by bar and even by who specifically is "on the door" - some of them will take the easy option of letting in all wristbands except Public. However some of them will take active delight in filtering out Hospitality wristbands and telling them to f**k off. The other option is that they're selling an Artist wristband - which would get you everything they say, but if it was an Artist wristband then it should be the most expensive of the lot.

VIP Hospitality - all of those "extras" they list are available to regular H wristbands (and anyone else who can easily blag it) in the Interstage area. So they're charging a premium for nothing more and hoping people pay the extra grand.

Backstage All Areas - BAA laminates do exist. But they're only for key festival staff, and if any were ever sold on then they'd be declared invalid as soon as someone tried to use them. Showing a BAA laminate in conjunction with a H wristband would be a huge red flag for any security staff or venue managers that were paying attention.

I'm not going to disagree, I'm just saying what I was told. 

On this thread there has already been mention of a difference in tickets between "normal" hospitality and the VIP hospitality bit with entertainment/ bars. That appears to me to be the difference between this companies offer of a "crew pass" and "VIP hospitality"

Are you saying that distinction doesn't actually exist at the festival? As we have (through somewhere else) got someone in hospitality, do they have access to those entertainment stages?    

22 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I'm not going to disagree, I'm just saying what I was told. 

On this thread there has already been mention of a difference in tickets between "normal" hospitality and the VIP hospitality bit with entertainment/ bars. That appears to me to be the difference between this companies offer of a "crew pass" and "VIP hospitality"

Are you saying that distinction doesn't actually exist at the festival? As we have (through somewhere else) got someone in hospitality, do they have access to those entertainment stages?    

It's complicated because it'd be near impossible to account for all of the different variations - the BBC having their own area with its own access restrictions for example, or some of the on-site accommodation have their own access that may come with some perks, or the various off-site stuff independent of GFL.

But yes, in terms of GFL-issued Hospitality wristbands there's fundamentally one type*, with one level of access with most of the benefits hosted in Interstage and the Hospitality campsite with no further segmenting (plus the car park, if you want to count that as a benefit). No H wristband that I've ever heard of gets you into "true" backstage (let alone "onstage").

Of course partners of the Festival will often issue their own accreditation, in addition to the festival wristbands, to get into their own compounds (which can vary wildly between being a pseudo-hospitality setup in some cases, or just a sterile work environment). So that can be sold as "extras" - but to me that doesn't sound like what they're pitching here.

The most common tactic for companies selling this stuff is to bundle it with their own stuff hosted off-site - so "champagne bar" etc might refer to that, and at least a couple of the off-site places have stages (last year we even had one of the bands post a "We're playing Glastonbury" graphic which provoked some ridicule) - but again if that's the case here then they should make it clear.

* technically there's two types if you count the H fabric wristband and the H paper upgrade wristband combined with another festival entry band (usually public) as separate types - but ultimately they each amount to the same level of access.

Edited by incident

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sorry but £3700 isn’t enough to buy you onstage access! 

I kind of agree. I was sitting here thinking if I won the lottery that’s me and my group sorted for life for tickets and back stage 😂

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep. Out several things that look wrong with that offering, the fact they're advertising something that isn't actually available for sale is the single biggest thing making me think "yeah, they're not to be trusted".

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I know its a different festival, but one of my friends knows one of the guys in Slipknot and at Download last year he got us a guest ticket (the day they were playing only) and on the side of the stage access (again, when they were on stage only)

We had to wait at the edge of a guest area for someone to collect us, get led round a lot of trailers etc and have our bands/passes checked probably at least 5 times....was a brilliant experience, but the only reason we got it is because my friend knows one of them, there was no one who had paid to get up there - it was all friends and family of the band. 

You only got side of stage access for the band you were with and there was no price tag on them either, aforementioned member of Slipknot came out to give us the on stage passes himself, and they had his name against them on the pass.

Brilliant one off experience for me though! 🙂 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pateen said:

Managed to get one through a mate in the industry and pay through the nose for it too but fock it ...

Anyone in the know what you get with a hospitality ticket vs a normal ticket, besides a slightly better camping ground and the shortcut between the Other and the Pyramid.

You've nailed it but missed that you can hang out at the worst and most boring place on the farm and surrounded by the worst people.

48 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I know its a different festival, but one of my friends knows one of the guys in Slipknot and at Download last year he got us a guest ticket (the day they were playing only) and on the side of the stage access (again, when they were on stage only)

We had to wait at the edge of a guest area for someone to collect us, get led round a lot of trailers etc and have our bands/passes checked probably at least 5 times....was a brilliant experience, but the only reason we got it is because my friend knows one of them, there was no one who had paid to get up there - it was all friends and family of the band. 

You only got side of stage access for the band you were with and there was no price tag on them either, aforementioned member of Slipknot came out to give us the on stage passes himself, and they had his name against them on the pass.

Brilliant one off experience for me though! 🙂 

That's an epic life moment! 

43 minutes ago, Neil said:

You've nailed it but missed that you can hang out at the worst and most boring place on the farm and surrounded by the worst people.

You aren't wrong! We stopped of in the bar area the year Ed Sheeran was headlining on the Sunday. Got chatting to a random who was going into the festival for the first time to watch him. She had been there since Wednesday, I had great delight in telling her about the wonderful Theatre and Circus area and the Greenfields. She had no idea what was outside the compound she had made herself a prisoner of! 🙄

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Anyone know where an EPO band will get you? Crew bars? Shortcuts?

When we had one in 2014 we used the interstage area cut through once and there was small rest type area which i think was somewhere near the dance village, other than that we didn't get anything else apart from the easy access / exit at gate C. We have them again this year as staying at the Love Fields. Will try and make more use of them this time and ask a lot more about access to areas as we go around.

Love fields charge 1250 (I think) to upgrade EPO to Hospitality. It definitely in that range as is clearly stated in their blurb. 

Edited by The other Bellboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Anyone know where an EPO band will get you? Crew bars? Shortcuts?

Yes to (most) crew bars, although this can vary by bar and by how busy they are. If you can do so, it's worthwhile visiting them before the gates open and seeing if they can give you a (paper) wristband that'll get you in once things get busier.

Yes to some shortcuts but not all - most notably, officially not to the Interstage shortcut (and therefore the Hospitality area), but this is often not enforced and even if they do pull you up it's a ridiculously easy blag "I've been asked to collect something from the bar manager".