Best Gate???

Starscreenbass

I’m a creature of habit. We usually get to the festival around about 11ish on the Wednesday and always camp in Pylon Ground as it’s close to gate A. We always end up in the pink car parks (around about 57).

In 2019 the queue for gate A was quite big and various people were telling us to go to Gate D as there was hardly any queue there……..

but I always go through gate A and pylon ground is right there…..what do I do??? These gate D praising people could be lying so we head to gate D and they can jump straight into an empty gate A queue!!!

I obviously chose to stay at my favourite gate and not chance this new magical (and quite frankly, scary gate D!)

2 hours later we finally get to our preferred camping spot and start to set up next to one of the guys who had told us to use gate D……he had been there ages!

As we are getting close to the festival and the choice of gates is coming up I think we need to start thinking about the choices we make…..anyone else got a favourite gate?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Starscreenbass said:

I’m a creature of habit. We usually get to the festival around about 11ish on the Wednesday and always camp in Pylon Ground as it’s close to gate A. We always end up in the pink car parks (around about 57).

In 2019 the queue for gate A was quite big and various people were telling us to go to Gate D as there was hardly any queue there……..

but I always go through gate A and pylon ground is right there…..what do I do??? These gate D praising people could be lying so we head to gate D and they can jump straight into an empty gate A queue!!!

I obviously chose to stay at my favourite gate and not chance this new magical (and quite frankly, scary gate D!)

2 hours later we finally get to our preferred camping spot and start to set up next to one of the guys who had told us to use gate D……he had been there ages!

As we are getting close to the festival and the choice of gates is coming up I think we need to start thinking about the choices we make…..anyone else got a favourite gate?

We got to gate D 5/6am in 2019 just as the stewards started telling people to go to gate A as it would be faster. We were in and set up by 10. They actually closed the gate D queue by 7ish directing everyone to gate A, which might be why you had such a big wait!

It's the perennial unknown isn't it, stick or twist on the gate entry. Is the information from the stewards accurate or are they just relying what they were told 1 1/2 hours ago and there's a massive queue there now.

According to popular consensus and gate lovers across the internet, the gate at Wat Benchamabophit in Bangkok, Thailand is one of the world's most beautiful gates. 

I have attached a picture as reference. 

I can't see the Eavis family expanding their gates to include such grandeur, however it's what happens on the inside that counts.

For what it's worth, I've never not had a hefty queue at Gate D.

65a1963b-1642-4c38-820b-84f6f538b402-Wat_Benchamabophit.jpg

• Upvote 1

When arriving by coach...where is the drop off point? Do you have to join the queue in the same place as people from the car parks? Or do you join a different queue? 

Will be the first time travelling by coach this year as was successful in the resale. Trying to convince myself of the benefits of travelling by coach!

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

When arriving by coach...where is the drop off point? Do you have to join the queue in the same place as people from the car parks? Or do you join a different queue? 

Will be the first time travelling by coach this year as was successful in the resale. Trying to convince myself of the benefits of travelling by coach!

Gate A ... you come in from round the side but i think they prioritise the bus q ..... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Gate A ... you come in from round the side but i think they prioritise the bus q ..... 

Was hoping it would be something like that as nost likely will be arriving on Wed evening depending on the coach time. Although I would have thought that by that time the queue might not be as bad as on the morning.

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

Was hoping it would be something like that as nost likely will be arriving on Wed evening depending on the coach time. Although I would have thought that by that time the queue might not be as bad as on the morning.

you'll walk straight in whatever queue you join at that time ... most people will have arrived by 11 

• Thanks 1

I'll be using Gate D for the first time as iam camping nearby at that Ashcombe field place, I'll probably head into the festival around 2pm on the Wednesday depending on size of the queues 🤞

Edited by gazzared